The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 August 2012, 07:15 AM   #1
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Electronic cigarettes

Does anyone have experience with them or opinions on brands. I would like to get feed back on your experience with these.
Thank you
Mark
Old 7 August 2012, 07:30 AM   #2
md543678

Watch: SS YatchMaster
Yep, quit smoking for almost year and a half now. To see if you like them go try one of the trial ones by Blue at walgreens then you can buy the refillable package if you like it. I love them

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
md543678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 07:40 AM   #3
MonBK
Banned

I tried them for about a month, a waste of money.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 07:49 AM   #4
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Here's an interesting article. I believe the cig and/or battery was manufactured in China.

Just make sure you've got a good dental plan.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15645605
threemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 07:50 AM   #5
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
I just used straws.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threemonkeys View Post
Here's an interesting article. I believe the cig and/or battery was manufactured in China.

Just make sure you've got a good dental plan.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15645605
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
I just used straws.

Thanks for the humor..
Old 7 August 2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
My brother-in-law said it was the only thing that helped him stop smoking. The patch by itself was not enough.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 01:18 PM   #8
Mitch Buchannon
"TRF" Member

I have a recent experience of these. I am also a member of tz-uk (watch forum) and one of the guy's over there started a thread about giving up smoking using them. As I read through the thread I had noticed lots of other members trying them out and having great success. That sealed it for me so I ordered a kit.

The kit came with 5 high cartridges & 5 medium cartridges. My plan was to wean myself off smoking instead of going cold turkey. I started on the High's and when they ran out I went to the mediums. As the mediums were getting lower and I ordered 5 low cartridges and 5 zero cartridges. I finished the low's and made it through 2 zero's.. And that was that. I had no urge for nicotine and I haven't since I stopped. I haven't felt this great in years.

I smoked pretty much 20 a day up to the 4th of May. On the 5th of May I started on the electronic cigarette and finished that up at the start of June.
You may or may not have sucess with them but if you want to give up smoking they are definitely worth a shot.

Edit: I just wanted to insert a link to the thread on TZ-UK. I might give you some inspiration.
http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...tory-ever-ever

Last edited by Mitch Buchannon; 7 August 2012 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Insert a link
Mitch Buchannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Feras
Banned

Watch: Rolex,Tag
DONT BUY IT Mark

I had those, they stink (maybe because u can smell the plastic or the heating parts) but thats only the good part. After that i read several articles about the harm it can cause one of them were saying it's dangerous because the steam or vapor will inter your lungs and turn into water and this isn't a good thing, another one said that something about the material they used in it.

I used to smoke for 6 years, used the patches but it wasnt the cure for me. When you WANT to smoke, you will smoke. But once you really decide to stop it you will stop it without using any of those stuff. I have had a cig from october 2010
You can do it Mark
Feras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Buchannon View Post
I have a recent experience of these. I am also a member of tz-uk (watch forum) and one of the guy's over there started a thread about giving up smoking using them. As I read through the thread I had noticed lots of other members trying them out and having great success. That sealed it for me so I ordered a kit.

The kit came with 5 high cartridges & 5 medium cartridges. My plan was to wean myself off smoking instead of going cold turkey. I started on the High's and when they ran out I went to the mediums. As the mediums were getting lower and I ordered 5 low cartridges and 5 zero cartridges. I finished the low's and made it through 2 zero's.. And that was that. I had no urge for nicotine and I haven't since I stopped. I haven't felt this great in years.

I smoked pretty much 20 a day up to the 4th of May. On the 5th of May I started on the electronic cigarette and finished that up at the start of June.
You may or may not have sucess with them but if you want to give up smoking they are definitely worth a shot.

Edit: I just wanted to insert a link to the thread on TZ-UK. I might give you some inspiration.
http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...tory-ever-ever
I appreciate everyone's input
Old 7 August 2012, 08:07 PM   #11
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough ;-)
I have quit now for almost 12 years . .
First 3 months where really hard . .
Used some toothpicks as alternative . . .
But it's all in the mind . . .

Now I just smoke cigars . . . but I don't inhale them . .
And they taste really better just as wine, whiskey, food . . .

It's a relieve . .

HAGONe

Kingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 06:14 PM   #12
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Well, I went to E-cigs today. There's a store called Pink Spot about 15 miles from my house and they were a big help. After I bought the vapor, I've had only 2 cigarettes today. So I think this is going to work as long as there are no triggers to set me off for the first few weeks. The initial cost was about 120.00.

I'm kinda excited, I hope I succeed and can fully recomend this method to other people. I've only smoked for 10 years, I've kicked other habits before, so I know what to do to maintain some composure if things get kinda whacked out for me.
Old 9 August 2012, 08:21 PM   #13
Puffy
"TRF" Member

i just went cold turkey and haven't touched the coffin nails for 6-7 years now, don't even get the urge when on the booze

i remember Arnie once said "you can do whatever you want, it's just mind over matter" and i remember myself of this sometimes
Old 9 August 2012, 09:09 PM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Last time I smoked was budget day 1972 at that time tipped cigarettes were just 20p for a pack of 20.Now on that budget day they went up to 23p a packet myself used to buy on average 80 a day quite a heavy smoker.I just said that's it I have stopped and can say I have not smoked a cigarette since.But in those days no patches or these electronic things just pure willpower that's what you need to give tobacco up.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 09:22 PM   #15
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
I smoked 2+ packs a day and one day just stopped....Nov 18 1989
Of course I smoked cigars but that was more like 2-3 on the week-ends.
Now I smoke 2-3 cigars a month.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 10:02 PM   #16
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGERVEGAS View Post
Well, I went to E-cigs today. There's a store called Pink Spot about 15 miles from my house and they were a big help. After I bought the vapor, I've had only 2 cigarettes today. So I think this is going to work as long as there are no triggers to set me off for the first few weeks. The initial cost was about 120.00.

I'm kinda excited, I hope I succeed and can fully recomend this method to other people. I've only smoked for 10 years, I've kicked other habits before, so I know what to do to maintain some composure if things get kinda whacked out for me.
Mark, whatever method you use, electric cigs, patches, surgery, prayer, hopping on one leg, whatever is effective for you definitely do it! I sincerely wish you the best of luck and here is to a healthier you and your family!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 10:29 PM   #17
britincali
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600,16570,6098
Ive been using the VIP E cigarette for the last few months, I do cheat and have a real cig or two a day but nothing like the 30 a day I was killing.

http://www.vipelectroniccigarette.co.uk/

They taste great and do the job nicely, even that first smoke in the morning hits the spot. I dont know if you can get them in the states as I get them from the village shop.

Ive been using the 24mg Virginia rolling tips as I like the taste, using about one tip a day. I did drop down to the 16mg tips for a week or so but found myself bumming real smokes off people lol.

I no longer have a cough and dont wake up with a big chunky blob in my throat.
1951 Waffle dial 6098
https://www.facebook.com/LlwynFfynnon
britincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2012, 06:58 AM   #18
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Mark, whatever method you use, electric cigs, patches, surgery, prayer, hopping on one leg, whatever is effective for you definitely do it! I sincerely wish you the best of luck and here is to a healthier you and your family!
Thanks Paul
Old 10 August 2012, 08:12 AM   #19
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

I quit smoking cigs...going on 3 years now. Now, I just have a cigar a day.
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2012, 01:12 PM   #20
MortgageGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Hope they work for you Mark I tried them but they just didnt do it for me... Still smoking about a pack to a pack and a half per day here Keep us posted.
Old 10 August 2012, 04:23 PM   #21
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

There working pretty good !!! I've had just 2 cigarettes today. I've got a few stress related things I'm dealing with and I'm really surprised that I haven't jumped up to 2 packs a day instead of the normal 1 pack.

Had to admit my father to a memory care home and working to sell his home, all going on this week.

EDIT: I would like to thank Carl (feelingtheblues) for his support on my fathers condition and his kind words of wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 August 2012, 07:08 PM   #22
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Still only 2 cigs in like 8 days, these are really working
Old 16 August 2012, 07:13 PM   #23
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feras View Post
DONT BUY IT Mark

I had those, they stink (maybe because u can smell the plastic or the heating parts) but thats only the good part. After that i read several articles about the harm it can cause one of them were saying it's dangerous because the steam or vapor will inter your lungs and turn into water and this isn't a good thing, another one said that something about the material they used in it.

I used to smoke for 6 years, used the patches but it wasnt the cure for me. When you WANT to smoke, you will smoke. But once you really decide to stop it you will stop it without using any of those stuff. I have had a cig from october 2010
You can do it Mark
I have no desire to smoke over the last week or so
Old 16 August 2012, 10:30 PM   #24
Tyrian30
"TRF" Member

I quit smoking eleven years ago, it was the hardest thing i ever did. I read somewhere that nicotine is more addictive than heroin and boy i can believe that. It was hard, but it was the best thing i ever did. I felt so much better after only a couple of weeks.

When i smoked, i used to say "I enjoy smoking" but when i quit, i realised that i didn't enjoy it all all, i was only feeling relieved in getting a fix of nicotine.

I only wished i had something like these electronic cigarettes to help me kick the habit.
Anything is better than putting 400+ carcinogenic chemicals and tar into your lungs so if you're contemplating quitting cigarettes, then use anything at your disposal to help you.
Tyrian30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2012, 10:32 PM   #25
Tyrian30
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGERVEGAS View Post
I have no desire to smoke over the last week or so
Keep it up Jaeger, you're doing well.
Tyrian30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2012, 01:52 AM   #26
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Until you make up your mind that you want to quit it will be difficult,once you decide that you don`t need it you`ll never look back,it`s that simple.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2012, 07:10 PM   #27
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrian30 View Post
Keep it up Jaeger, you're doing well.
Thanks for the support
Old 23 August 2012, 12:50 PM   #28
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Still going strong !!!
Old 23 August 2012, 01:14 PM   #29
SPARTAN2161
Banned

Watch: me flip
Mark good for you. I used the gum to get off of chewing tobacco. Patches never helped. The "blue" cigs helped my boos kick the habit. Stay strong!
SPARTAN2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2012, 05:40 AM   #30
Kyu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116759SANR
south beach smokes !
they're fantastic
Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote