The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 June 2020, 12:20 AM   #1
Blue23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
Apple Watch in rotation?

I’m a watch fan. Have multiple watches and love them all. Current collection;

3 Rolex’s
1 Tudor
2 Breitlings
1 Omega
3 Oris’
1 Seiko
2 G Shocks
1 Apple Watch 5

Being in quarantine I’ve been primarily wearing my Apple Watch. I find it to be a good exercise/ move motivation. I miss wearing my other watches, but almost feel guilty now if I don’t close my rings. I’m wondering how everyone else utilizes the Apple Watch in their collection. Is anyone else wearing the “real” watches they own less now that the Apple Watch is so prevalent? Thanks for the input.
Blue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:25 AM   #2
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Honestly yes. I wear the Apple Watch on call days to get texts and calls easily and when I exercise. Which Is pretty frequently. Still love my mechanical watches but I do wear them less honestly since I got the Apple 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 June 2020, 12:31 AM   #3
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
I tried digital watches when they first came out. Very quickly realized I do not need another piece of electronics that beeps, buzzes, prompts and interacts with me and also need to be recharged on nightly basis.

Threw them away (gave away to wife/kids) and have never looked back.

I wear a G-shock when cutting hay or laying bricks, mechanical for everything else. I can always appreciate what others enjoy but that has always worked the best for me.

I enjoy watching the ticking hand way more than I enjoy a digital clock or whatever other variant digital watches have come up with. Sometimes I keep looking at for more than min (admiring what a man has created) until wifey says, its not gonna go faster or slower by you looking at it.

She doesn't get it :)
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:32 AM   #4
ndls
"TRF" Member

I wear my Apple Watch the majority of the time. I love closing the activity rings. I also run and lift weights a lot, and it helps to have the airpod pro to just get into the zone.

That being said, I still try to rotate my watches frequently

Last edited by ndls; 14 June 2020 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: Spelling
ndls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:33 AM   #5
Flstfirider
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor
I sleep with my Apple Watch on, and wear it while doing cardio exercise. All other times, I rotate between my GMT, Daytona, or Pelagos.
Flstfirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:34 AM   #6
chazadams
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner / GMT
I like to use my Apple 5 watch for workouts, yoga and sleep tracking. It works terrific for those applications but always ready to pull it off my wrist and the end of each of these. Its aesthetic is just not my jam, but what a cool piece of technology.
chazadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:38 AM   #7
Wools
"TRF" Member

I used to own multiple watches but over the years have started to pair it all back to only the essentials.

Currently, I have 2 watches; Rolex Sub Date (2018 SS) and Apple Watch S5 (SS 40mm). I figure sometimes I want a watch that just tells the time when I'm in no hurry or want some vintage flavour, then the Sub goes on. Othertimes, I want a light watch that's good to track my run or when I'm feeling in a tech mood! That's when the S5 goes on.

Both are great watches and fufil their briefs perfectly. The Apple S1 was a nice concept but had some missing components (Like no GPS, no waterproof ability or no always on display) but the S5 has really upped what it needed to be. Also, I find both mechanical and digital can live together in an im-perfect harmony in my day to day life.

If you love watches but never tried one or had a S1, S2 or an early Apple Watch and didn't like certain elements, I feel the S5 is a much more complete watch.
Wools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:48 AM   #8
zzup
"TRF" Member

Sure! Iam wearing my apple watch on days I work out before I go to work, typically Tuesday and Thursday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 12:53 AM   #9
Inthesticks
"TRF" Member

Personally I’m not an apple watch guy. I dont need another piece of digital technology following me around. Apple can provide my phone and laptop, I prefer to keep my watches mechanical. I find that far more interesting to look at than another apple logo.

And when I’m exercising my goal is to relish in those limited minutes of escape-the last thing I want is a text or email interrupting that :)
Inthesticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 01:12 AM   #10
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Wear a mechanical wrist instrument on the normal wrist, and a wrist computer with data link on the other. Been doing this for many years and love it.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2020, 02:10 AM   #11
indycole
"TRF" Member

I have 6 mechanical watches in the rotation along with the latest generation Apple Watch and love it. I wear the Apple Watch most frequently and just configure the notifications to only be interrupted by the things I want to interrupt me.
indycole is offline   Reply With Quote