The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 14 June 2017, 06:23 AM   #1
Warningshot
"TRF" Member

sold my watch to DAVIDSW

I see a lot of great reviews about David on here when people buy watches which is admittedly more exciting than selling. In my case I needed to sell a watch and he made a very fair offer and the transaction was flawless.

Just wanted to give him credit and make sure everyone knows he's a great resource even when you're selling.
Warningshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 06:23 AM   #2
dpdan93
"TRF" Member

sold my 16700 to him as well. He was great
dpdan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 06:58 AM   #3
barto78
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I have a couple watches i wouldn't mind selling. How hard was the entire process if you don't mind my asking...?
barto78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:04 AM   #4
Benjamin Choi
"TRF" Member

I've bought a few Rolexes, sold, and traded in a time piece within the past ~5-6 years with DavidSW. I referred a friend recently.

At first, I purchased via PayPal as I wanted the protection, but later realized I could just wire him funds because he shipped and paid so promptly. Superb here. It's awesome that he covers Fedex overnight shipping whether you're buying or selling. He sends you a prepaid label. Bingo. Makes it friction-less.

Not that I'm some VIP customer, but one thing he's never done is send a thank you note or extend any type of gesture to show he appreciated my business. I've also had a couple of things I wasn't 100% pleased with like the missing styrofoam piece that covers the Rolex box lid. A 1" pen mark on the outer box another time. A bit sloppy if you ask me. All watches bought new.

I'll still buy from him, but I think there's a little room for improvement.
Benjamin Choi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:07 AM   #5
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

DavidSW is top notch! I've done many deals with David, Tony and Thanh. All great and 100% trustworthy guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:07 AM   #6
133mikie
"TRF" Member

David SW

Can you tell me how to get in touch with him? I'm looking for a GMT II 'pepsi'
133mikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:09 AM   #7
dpdan93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto78 View Post
I have a couple watches i wouldn't mind selling. How hard was the entire process if you don't mind my asking...?

Sent him some photos and then he sent me a shipping label. After he got it, I got a wire from him. Easy as it gets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 June 2017, 07:13 AM   #8
Warningshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto78 View Post
Process was very easy. I made contact through his website and we corresponded through email. Once the deal was agreed upon he sent a fedex label for me to ship the watch overnight to him. Dropped it off at fedex 11am, he got it next morning and by close of business funds were wired to my account.
Old 14 June 2017, 07:15 AM   #9
Warningshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi View Post
I've bought a few Rolexes, sold, and traded in a time piece within the past ~5-6 years with DavidSW. I referred a friend recently.

At first, I purchased via PayPal as I wanted the protection, but later realized I could just wire him funds because he shipped and paid so promptly. Superb here. It's awesome that he covers Fedex overnight shipping whether you're buying or selling. He sends you a prepaid label. Bingo. Makes it friction-less.

Not that I'm some VIP customer, but one thing he's never done is send a thank you note or extend any type of gesture to show he appreciated my business. I've also had a couple of things I wasn't 100% pleased with like the missing styrofoam piece that covers the Rolex box lid. A 1" pen mark on the outer box another time. A bit sloppy if you ask me. All watches bought new.

I could be wrong but I assume he gets hundreds of communications a day given the size of his online business. His responses are very matter of fact but effective. I get the feeling he either doesn't have time for please and thank you or its just not his personality. I'm ok with that.
Old 14 June 2017, 07:16 AM   #10
Warningshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 133mikie View Post
Can you tell me how to get in touch with him? I'm looking for a GMT II 'pepsi'
google davidsw and you will find his website. You can shop there or contact him.
Old 14 June 2017, 07:16 AM   #11
dpdan93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warningshot View Post
I could be wrong but I assume he gets hundreds of communications a day given the size of his online business. His responses are very matter of fact but effective. I get the feeling he either doesn't have time for please and thank you or its just not his personality. I'm ok with that.

He was always very brief with me but it was very smooth and was never offended by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 June 2017, 07:29 AM   #12
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
I've bought a bunch from him, but never sold. Good to hear he's as good in this side of the business too
Old 14 June 2017, 07:34 AM   #13
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

DavidSW, justrolexes, ocrolexguy, takuya/thanh do etc all the big TRF trusted sellers are so easy to deal with when it comes to trades. I've always received fair offers and the process was easy as pie. Good backup for us watch guys that change our minds once in awhile hah.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:39 AM   #14
Chary
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15407ST
DavidSW is top notch cant go wrong!!!
Chary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:45 AM   #15
Oyster Al
"TRF" Member

DavidSW is great buyer/seller!! Do business with him with confidence.
Oyster Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:46 AM   #16
Sarat1538
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warningshot View Post
He is cut and dry but on my last Patek Phillips purchase I did get a "thank you for my continued business from him!" I was surprised lol as I've wired him $$$,$$$ of dollars over the last 6 months. So he does care about your business
Sarat1538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:53 AM   #17
Pete26
Banned

I have always found him polite but matter of fact. He is an effective seller. I traded a Tudor Pelagos for an Air-King and bought an Explorer from him a couple of years ago. Great to deal with.
Pete26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:55 AM   #18
Canefan1
Banned

Thx for the info everyone as I'm pretty sure I will be doing a trade in/purchase very soon.
Canefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 07:58 AM   #19
Warningshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarat1538 View Post
He is cut and dry but on my last Patek Phillips purchase I did get a "thank you for my continued business from him!" I was surprised lol as I've wired him $$$,$$$ of dollars over the last 6 months. So he does care about your business
I agree. I was just offering my take on possible reasons Benjamin Choi felt he didn't extend a thank you or gratitude for his business. I personally enjoyed my transaction and look forward to working with him again in the future.
Old 14 June 2017, 08:00 AM   #20
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
DavidSW and Bodybump(Oscar) are my go to guys. I 've bought and sold watches with both. Online and in person. I cannot imagine a better way to purchase or sell my watches. I have had zero issues and will look at these two first in the future for my needs.
There are other stellar Trusted Sellers here that are probably just as great.

Could they throw in champagne and cards, meh, maybe, but they do a lot of the leg work themselves which I'd imagine keeps them busy, plus the prices and incredibly quick service is enough for me.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 08:01 AM   #21
Pius XIII
"TRF" Member

Bought and sold many watches with David and he's always a pleasure to work with. Even got a bottle of champagne with one of my purchases. Meanwhile, ADs only have full retail price and diet coke to offer.
Pius XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 08:05 AM   #22
socialpro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex || Panerai
Can't speak of the selling to but buying from DavidSW has been seamless. Much so that anytime I'm considering another watch -- I check his site first before going anywhere else.
socialpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 08:31 AM   #23
rod727
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 116610
Bought my 116610 from Him.....I spoke with him on the phone one afternoon...sent the money via PayPal and less than 24 hrs later I'm holding my new submariner
rod727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 08:46 AM   #24
coralfarmer84
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi View Post

Part of the issue might be the business model vs. expectation. The whole point of buying online from a trusted seller is getting the watch you want at a significant savings. The tradeoff is losing the above and beyond treatment that makes you feel special, just the way it is.
Old 14 June 2017, 08:56 AM   #25
Benjamin Choi
"TRF" Member

Let's reset a little here. I'm not expecting a bottle of champagne or a love note. In fact, I'm expecting very little if nothing at all since I've given him repeat business and a referral with no love shown whatsoever. He has my number and we've chatted on the phone recently. A short and sweet hey dude thanks for your business goes a long way sometimes, right?

And let's also be clear that he's not the only show in town. There are others and I'm open to the idea of going elsewhere if I see more slip ups. I was not pleased with the missing styrofoam piece and the pen mark, but I didn't dwell on it until I just bothered to mention it for the first time on the internet today this thread.

Again, DavidSW is a trustworthy seller/buyer. He's always shipped and paid on time. He has never messed with either my property or $. I'm just simply sharing my honest testimony for the good of the community here fwiw. Gracias.
Benjamin Choi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 11:20 AM   #26
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
Try Oscar(Bodybump) fairest trade in offers around.
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote