The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 December 2018, 03:16 AM   #61
jalau
"TRF" Member

Buy the AD, and sack the salesperson ...
jalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 04:27 AM   #62
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Name and shame. Though I do find this a little hard to believe.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 04:41 AM   #63
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
If I’ve purchased 6 figures worth of diamonds from a jeweler and they laugh at me when I try to buy a sub, I’d stop going there. They obviously didn’t value your prior business and history. I’d take my money elsewhere from now on.
Well said!
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 05:25 AM   #64
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Glad you were able to get your watch. You did it the right way. You gave your AD a chance and quickly moved on when he couldn't come through, especially with the way it went down.

I recall reading a TRF post not too long ago where a member was going to stay on a long ss waitlist rather than picking up the watch up from an AD less than an hour away.......and it was the SAME authorized dealer but a different location........because he/she didn't want the original AD mgr to find out and get upset. This boggles my mind. My guess is the next time you need something, your AD will get it for you in a hurry.
mistercoach32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 05:39 AM   #65
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdhtwn View Post
go buy more diamonds for your wife from somewhere else and show him. Ad's who treat people this way should know the consequences, clearly, and they should feel the pain in their wallet.
+1
Old 14 December 2018, 06:06 AM   #66
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Congrats and enjoy your new Sub!

I wouldn't give second thought to your Jeweler being upset. They should've treated you better being a long time (and large) client, even if not prior watch purchaser. I'd take my jewelry business elsewhere too
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 06:15 AM   #67
waters10k
Banned

Watch: 116610LV, SD43
Congrats on your Sub, I hope your AD had learnt to treat faithful customers better
waters10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 06:34 AM   #68
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
How did you legally avoid the sales tax?
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 07:01 AM   #69
stanc1
"TRF" Member

Well done, just enjoy it...
stanc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 07:16 AM   #70
Luciano Oliveira
"TRF" Member

You go to your ad and look for a mass produced watch and they laugh in your face right after you come back to your ad showing the watch you wanted and found in the GM (which is essentially powered by them) and they get very fucking . Moral of the story: who laughs last laughs better.
Luciano Oliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 07:17 AM   #71
Runner1975
"TRF" Member

Congratulations getting the watch you wanted. Clearly, you weren't treated well at all, but good for you letting the salesman know you were serious about buying the Sub without behaving rudely. His discourtesy is so unnecessary. And his followup? Like someone else said, too little too late --- and without apology.
Runner1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 07:39 AM   #72
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Congrats on the sub.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 07:44 AM   #73
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Congrats on the ss sub and welcome here as well! Sounds like your AD is a top notch jack a$$....I would buy the GMT from the trusted seller you dealt with and go back and show this bozo who is boss.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 09:51 AM   #74
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvg View Post
To add clarity , I’ve been working with him for 10 years. All major milestones I bought rings or earrings or bracelets. He told me when I asked for SS that it wasn’t available and I was a rookie. Showed me Tudor and Breitling. Or tried to. I knew what I wanted. We will see if he makes amends. I easily spent over $100k in ten years. When he called regarding the GMT , he indicated he was surprised I was “ a watch guy”. I explained I’m not however I did want to have a proper watch.

This thread needs pics, btw.

Old 14 December 2018, 10:26 AM   #75
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVLDARI View Post
I personally would take my diamond business elsewhere and go out of my way to write them a bad review.
I would do this.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 11:33 AM   #76
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Congrats on your new sub!

Regarding that AD, makes me wonder if one of the tenets of their corporate philosophy is to burn bridges with their customers.

However, in the aftermath of all this, it seems you might have some degree of leverage with that AD.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 11:49 AM   #77
mr.president1
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Quote:
So I’ve joined up, done my homework and bought a SS sub. I’m not seeking to build a collection although after lurking around here it’s awfully tempting. The jewelry store where I have bought six figures worth of diamonds for my wife is a an AD. They laughed at me. I mean they actually laughed when I attempted to buy a SS sub. So, I found an online dealer, paid $9500 shipped for a brand new piece with stickers and tags and warranty card from dealer with my name. Sales tax was avoided so I’d say it’s a wash vs buying local. I stopped in to show my AD and he was visibly upset. Three days later he called me to offer a new GMT Master II, black I believe. Too late. So I’m sharing because while I’m new to all this, and I recognize that the model I wanted isn’t too terribly rare , I had no problems buying. My AD , who really is great with diamonds for my wife , may be pissed. Oh well. I really just wanted a proper watch after years of wearing nothing or cheap. I love my Submariner and likely will be my only watch. I do enjoy these forums posts.
Did you go into Richter or James Free? I see your a Cinci guy. I use a columbus AD, but have had significant discussions with both AD's in Cinci. Richter seems to be a little on the uppidy with their attitude about certain watches and their availability. Congrats on your piece though! My AD in Columbus knows that if they don't have it when I want it, I roll right over to the grey

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 12:43 PM   #78
vinny84
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Wow, you spend $100k on diamonds and this how he treats you? I would of told him to jam it
vinny84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 01:35 PM   #79
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
To add clarity , I’ve been working with him for 10 years. All major milestones I bought rings or earrings or bracelets. He told me when I asked for SS that it wasn’t available and I was a rookie. Showed me Tudor and Breitling. Or tried to. I knew what I wanted. We will see if he makes amends. I easily spent over $100k in ten years. When he called regarding the GMT , he indicated he was surprised I was “ a watch guy”. I explained I’m not however I did want to have a proper watch.
A rookie? seriously? I would run and not walk away from that AD. I wouldn't give them the chance to make an amends. 6 figures of diamonds is a LOT of money for a jeweler. The margins on diamonds make the margins on Rolex look like a joke. He has made in the mid 5 figures of pure profit on the diamonds. A sub would bring him 3k. The right thing to do would have been for him to tell you Mr customer, we currently don't have a SS sub in stock but we value your business and I will get you the next one that comes in. There are other ADs. Form a relationship with someone who values you. My 2 cents. Good luck
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 01:38 PM   #80
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Wow, you spend $100k on diamonds and this how he treats you? I would of told him to jam it

This.
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 01:56 PM   #81
Reddy_Kilowatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16220 & 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
You have to look a bit harder.
Why does he need to look harder? He found a watch.
Reddy_Kilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 04:07 PM   #82
blacke90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP||Panerai||Rolex
Welcome to the forum! Definitely not cool for them to laugh when you asked about a ss Rolex. On top of that, you've been their customer.
blacke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 05:17 PM   #83
slin1110
"TRF" Member

Good for you! Also start shipping diamonds elsewhere l. Clearly they don't care about keeping their client happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
slin1110 is offline   Reply With Quote