The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 December 2018, 10:27 AM   #1
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Warranty advice?

So I’ve been reading a lot about warranty. I had bought my Bluesy from Jomashop unworn, used. I have the warranty card. It’s a 2015 and i went to get a pressure test done recnetly and it failed from the crystal. I am hesitant to send to Rolex and Jomashop had said they would “look” at it. What would you do? I had bought it late 2015 and saved a bunch of cash, hence I moved on it.
Vvvlllooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2018, 10:35 AM   #2
darkside7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C
Does your watch not have a 5 year warranty?
Old 7 December 2018, 10:38 AM   #3
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside7 View Post
Does your watch not have a 5 year warranty?
I believe so, but like a thread I had just read...some grey dealers may have not of activated the warranty like Jomashop.
Old 7 December 2018, 10:48 AM   #4
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Well what's the worst that could happen if you bring the watch and warranty card in to RSC... They will just say no if they can't help you.
Old 7 December 2018, 10:53 AM   #5
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Well what's the worst that could happen if you bring the watch and warranty card in to RSC... They will just say no if they can't help you.
Very true yes.
Old 7 December 2018, 10:59 AM   #6
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I bought a Tudor from Jomashop once and did not get a factory warranty card as they said they cover it under their warranty. If you received a Rolex warranty card with yours I'd suggest using RSC instead of them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2018, 11:05 AM   #7
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvvlllooo View Post
So I’ve been reading a lot about warranty. I had bought my Bluesy from Jomashop unworn, used. I have the warranty card. It’s a 2015 and i went to get a pressure test done recnetly and it failed from the crystal. I am hesitant to send to Rolex and Jomashop had said they would “look” at it. What would you do? I had bought it late 2015 and saved a bunch of cash, hence I moved on it.
A used watch may, indeed, have a valid warranty if it was purchased by a retail consumer from an AD. If it is used because it was originally purchased from the Grey Market Dealer, it likely does not have a valid warranty.

Besides, not passing a pressure test would not be a warranty item. Warranties are for manufacturing defects and a displaced crystal or damage causing a breach, is not a manufacturing defect.

Why would you be hesitant to send it to Rolex? They will fix it properly, but it may cost a service.
Old 7 December 2018, 11:15 AM   #8
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
A used watch may, indeed, have a valid warranty if it was purchased by a retail consumer from an AD. If it is used because it was originally purchased from the Grey Market Dealer, it likely does not have a valid warranty.

Besides, not passing a pressure test would not be a warranty item. Warranties are for manufacturing defects and a displaced crystal or damage causing a breach, is not a manufacturing defect.

Why would you be hesitant to send it to Rolex? They will fix it properly, but it may cost a service.
Thanks for the clarification. I’m hesitating on spending the cash on the service as I may put it off later. Watch is fine and runs great. I have other watches I use at the beach or pool. I was actually shocked when it had failed.
Old 7 December 2018, 11:31 AM   #9
jeffnnj
"TRF" Member

Wondering what causes that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeffnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2018, 11:38 AM   #10
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnnj View Post
Wondering what causes that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have no clue but after three years...espn voice...cmon man! Things been babied and barely worn
Old 7 December 2018, 01:58 PM   #11
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvvlllooo View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I’m hesitating on spending the cash on the service as I may put it off later. Watch is fine and runs great. I have other watches I use at the beach or pool. I was actually shocked when it had failed.
The crystal is pressed on at a certain pressure to mate against the Delrin gasket at the case.

Perhaps you can find a watchmaker who would ensure it is properly pressed at the correct pressure and re-test.
Old 7 December 2018, 02:17 PM   #12
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I would still send it to RSC regardless. They will service it as long as its a Rolex. You might just have to pay for it.
Old 7 December 2018, 07:19 PM   #13
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
It does not need service if it runs fine, just a new seal.
Even without warranty a very cheap fix. Just go to the RSC
Old 7 December 2018, 09:08 PM   #14
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the inputs! Will do
Old 7 December 2018, 11:05 PM   #15
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
My advice, first, I would not let Jomashop “look” at it”. Second, send the watch to the Dallas RSC and not NYC.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2018, 11:12 PM   #16
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I always wonder why people are so hesitant to take advantage of a warranty.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2018, 11:42 PM   #17
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Speaking for myself and not Rolex related, I have found it many times not worth the hassle as a lot of manufacturers are trying their utmost best not to honour the warranty claiming you abused the item. (experiences with Dyson and Tumi)
Not many decent companies around.

Arguing about a few bucks only makes me angry, so for keeping my peace of mind it's often better to pay up and be done with it.
Old 8 December 2018, 12:13 AM   #18
AK DeepSea
Banned

A leaking crystal should ABSOLUTELY be covered by the warranty if your watch has one. If there is no evidence of physical shock or damage, that is a premature failure which is covered by the warranty.
AK DeepSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2018, 01:35 AM   #19
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mickol View Post
My advice, first, I would not let Jomashop “look” at it”. Second, send the watch to the Dallas RSC and not NYC.
Will do and thanks
Old 8 December 2018, 01:35 AM   #20
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Just time
Old 8 December 2018, 01:36 AM   #21
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK DeepSea View Post
A leaking crystal should ABSOLUTELY be covered by the warranty if your watch has one. If there is no evidence of physical shock or damage, that is a premature failure which is covered by the warranty.
This is what I was thinking but again that’s why I’m asking. All I can do is try.
Old 8 December 2018, 10:34 AM   #22
Jamie1111
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Speaking for myself and not Rolex related, I have found it many times not worth the hassle as a lot of manufacturers are trying their utmost best not to honour the warranty claiming you abused the item. (experiences with Dyson and Tumi)
Not many decent companies around.

Arguing about a few bucks only makes me angry, so for keeping my peace of mind it's often better to pay up and be done with it.

Sucks, Dyson in Australia even fixed our last one a few months out of warranty for free. But my mrs is extremely nice and I always suspect that’s how she gets away with everything lol. Overall I agree though companies love neglecting after sales care
Jamie1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2018, 05:11 AM   #23
carguy67
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116500LN
Warranty not honored by RSC NYC

I have a 1yr old 116500LN that I bought new from a Jeweler, not an AD. I have the Warranty card and it was registered at the original AD. RSC NYC will not honor it, as they said that since my point of purchase was not an AD it is void. My thoughts are a BNIB watch that was correctly registered at the AD, with the card, should be fixed under warranty, period. Not to mention that since the watch is about 1 yr old, it should not have broken in the first place. I have no choice but to repair it, as it ceased to function, but I do feel pretty strongly that Rolex should honor their warranty and repair their products within the correct warranty period, regardless of where, or from whom, it was purchased....
carguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 02:20 AM   #24
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy67 View Post
I have a 1yr old 116500LN that I bought new from a Jeweler, not an AD. I have the Warranty card and it was registered at the original AD. RSC NYC will not honor it, as they said that since my point of purchase was not an AD it is void. My thoughts are a BNIB watch that was correctly registered at the AD, with the card, should be fixed under warranty, period. Not to mention that since the watch is about 1 yr old, it should not have broken in the first place. I have no choice but to repair it, as it ceased to function, but I do feel pretty strongly that Rolex should honor their warranty and repair their products within the correct warranty period, regardless of where, or from whom, it was purchased....
yup just like cars...these are the stories i look at and say..im not going to send it in for a simple pressure fail...my watch will never see the water..? i have a couple of pieces and i sit here and chuckle because my cheap seiko, which i had for years, has never failed the pressure test and it's $200 new.
Old 14 December 2018, 03:15 AM   #25
darkside7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy67 View Post
That’s one of the downfall for purchasing other than an authorized dealer. They make you prove everything.