The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 28 February 2020, 03:58 PM   #1
larryccf
"TRF" Member

Tudor 7809 (Greenland Expedition) model

I acquired this watch and three other 7809s back in 2008 to 2010, buying them for the FEF 390 movements only, as backup parts for my 7928s.

This watch came as pictured, no bracelet or strap, but running in pretty decent condition. I am cleaning out the watch drawer so it's up for sale. Serial number (970xx 5 digit S/N0) puts it in the "1940 to 1956" range, and considering the 7809 wasn't introduced until the early 1950s, i'd put this as an early 1950s production unit.

Dial is actually fairly clean, and the watch actually runs nice - the winding action feels a little rough, but time keeping is decent, under a couple of minutes per day. I doubt this watch has been svc'd in 30 years or more. The movement shows no corrosion or water intrusion stains.

The crystal could use a polishing or replacing, and some of the gold plating has separated from the case, but otherwise it's a nice example of an historically important model.

For sale, $950 shipped to CONUS (sorry, not interested in international sales), i accept Visa or MC, no fees, Paypal +3.5%

Three day right of inspection, full refund except for shipping costs and watch must be received back in same condition as shipped.

Any questions, feel free to contact me larryccf2 at gmail dot com
if you want to have a voice conv, email with your phone # and i'll throw you my cell - if i don't recognize a phone number on my cell, i don't answer - getting too many strange calls.

I've got references up thru 2012 - my computer wiped out and i was lucky to recover those, but some here should remember me - plus i've got about 485 postive over on ebay - available on request.

larryccf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 05:22 AM   #2
larryccf
"TRF" Member

HUGE price reduction

reduced to $550
larryccf is offline   Reply With Quote