The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 28 May 2020, 03:56 AM   #1
thrillhouse
"TRF" Member

Anyone manage to order a Ming 27.01?

I’ve been interested in Ming for a little while and just read the hands on for the 27.01 on Hodinkee. Great design, super thin and seemingly good value for what you get, but it’s already sold out for 2020. Wondering if anyone here managed to order one and if it’ll be your first Ming or if you own others?
thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 05:05 AM   #2
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

I had it in my cart, but decided not to at the very last moment. Still feel kinda stupid for doing that But I'm hoping they do another release this year of something a little more 'affordable' (a.k.a priced like the 17.X). The 27 is a gorgeous watch though.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 05:55 AM   #3
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

^ prices going up with continued demand
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 06:02 AM   #4
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Decided not to get the 27.01 at the last second (design didn't appeal to me as much).
I'm all in for a copper 17 if/when ordering opens back up in the fall.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 05:50 AM   #5
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Got the 27.01 and already own the 17.03. However, I think I’ll only need one Ming, so I’ll let the 17.03 go as soon as I figure out how to sell it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 11:29 AM   #6
thrillhouse
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatchidiot View Post
Got the 27.01 and already own the 17.03. However, I think I’ll only need one Ming, so I’ll let the 17.03 go as soon as I figure out how to sell it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice, congrats! Excited to see some wrist shots once it lands :)
thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 05:29 PM   #7
CoverMe
"TRF" Member

Missed out on the 27.01. Love the dial and color of the copper 17 though, too bad it’s sold out for 2020
CoverMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2020, 06:45 AM   #8
athens7
2024 Pledge Member

My 27.01 is coming in late September. According to Ming, 50% of the run was sold in the first 2 minutes. It is my first Ming.

It sounds like the next opportunity will be in August 2020, when Ming intends to release the x8.xx dive watch.
athens7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 06:48 AM   #9
adamteague
"TRF" Member

I managed to grab one. Very excited for it. I was lucky enough to catch sight of it in Fratello before the release. Seriously one of the nieces my watches I’ve seen. Hope it is even better in the metal
adamteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 01:27 PM   #10
athens7
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
I had it in my cart, but decided not to at the very last moment. Still feel kinda stupid for doing that But I'm hoping they do another release this year of something a little more 'affordable' (a.k.a priced like the 17.X). The 27 is a gorgeous watch though.
I heard a recent interview with Ming Thien and The Limited Edition (who is now the first Ming authorized retailer), during which Ming stated that the 17.06 was effectively finished for the brand. I'm willing to bet Ming abandons the sub $2000 price point going forward as their design language and product line matures. He also mentioned 3 more releases this year; I'm guessing 2 variants of the dive watch and a new flagship model to succeed the 19.02. Next year we get the Mosaic, among other items.
athens7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 02:10 AM   #11
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by athens7 View Post
I heard a recent interview with Ming Thien and The Limited Edition (who is now the first Ming authorized retailer), during which Ming stated that the 17.06 was effectively finished for the brand. I'm willing to bet Ming abandons the sub $2000 price point going forward as their design language and product line matures. He also mentioned 3 more releases this year; I'm guessing 2 variants of the dive watch and a new flagship model to succeed the 19.02. Next year we get the Mosaic, among other items.
That is unfortunate but if they release their diver, I might be willing to expand my Ming budget.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 01:40 PM   #12
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by athens7 View Post
I'm very interested in the mosaic one