The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 November 2022, 01:24 PM   #1
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Paris to Bordeaux Suggestions

Hoping for some advice from someone familiar with travel in France. It's weird - I've been to Korea, Taiwan, Thailand... several Asian countries and had no trepidation at all. For some reason, this trip has got me feeling anxiety.

I'm going on an 8-day river cruise through Bordeaux next year for my 5-year wedding anniversary. This will be my first time in Europe.

One of my concerns is travel from Paris to Bordeaux and back. I could fly, but, I just don't think that's what I want to do. I'm thinking a train is a better option as (hopefully) I'd be able to see some sights along the way and take in more of the ambiance of being in France.

It seems that there are nonstop trains from Paris to Bordeaux, but, how difficult is it to find the train station from CDG? Is it like "slap you in the face" obvious (like getting on BART from SFO) or am I going to have to work to find it?

Do I need to buy a ticket in advance? Or are there trains aplenty?

TIA!
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2022, 01:42 PM   #2
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Easy as can be.

There are several connections daily from CDG to either Gare du Lyon or Montparnasse (I believe) where you connect to the TGV. There may also be a couple of direct trains that could work depending on your arrival time. Total journey should be less than 4 hours. Plus, it should be about half the cost of the plane fare and a scenic ride. I always enjoyed taking a train and decompressi g after a long flight as opposed to just hopping on another flight.

Check out SNCF website or Rome2Rio for details.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2022, 01:46 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I’d stay on the boat and drink a couple cases of Château Mouton Rothschild with wife with some crazy French lovemaking while sketching the landscape and smoking my pipe filled with Gauloises pipe tabac.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote