The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 8 May 2018, 09:18 AM   #31
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
Fake for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For VERY sure!
Old 8 May 2018, 01:47 PM   #32
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
The L under the crown on the dial doesn't look right. It has a very high pointy L.
The "L", Nice Catch!
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 02:10 PM   #33
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_1964 View Post
The "L", Nice Catch!
Thanks, I"m learning :)
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 02:54 PM   #34
Pil_Seung15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko SNK131K
Thats correct, leads me to believe this is legit
Pil_Seung15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 11:46 PM   #35
dmash
"TRF" Member

Definitely fake, and OP’s response makes me skeptical that he might possibly know the maker
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:29 AM   #36
MinMay
Banned

Maybe OP is the maker and getting feedback from us to perfect the replica?
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:43 AM   #37
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol exactly what I just said
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:47 AM   #38
lguevara91
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Old 10 May 2018, 03:17 AM   #39
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
While it may be an honourable sentiment...

I really don’t understand this sentiment on forums about fakes, the idea the fakers post up pics to see if a few self appointed (and I mean that in the nicest way) experts can tell if it’s a fake is ludicrous.

Sorry but it just makes me laugh when I see people saying things like...

“We don’t disclose what makes it fake as we don’t want to help the fakers”

“The faker is posting to see if he can get it past experts”

Do people seriously think the fakers need our help to know what’s wrong? They make the darn things and no doubt have a real one to hand. The reason they can’t get things right is because they don’t use the same materials, tooling and craftsmen, not because “Dave on TRF neglected to point out the issues”

I think the only things these comments would serve for is a laugh to the fakers sat there wearing their real Rolex.
uncleluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 03:20 AM   #40
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleluck View Post

I really don’t understand this sentiment on forums about fakes, the idea the fakers post up pics to see if a few self appointed (and I mean that in the nicest way) experts can tell if it’s a fake is ludicrous.

Do people seriously think the fakers need our help to know what’s wrong? They make the darn things and no doubt have a real one to hand. The reason they can’t get things right is because they don’t use the same materials, tooling and craftsmen, not because “Dave on TRF neglected to point out the issues”

I think the only things these comments would serve for is a laugh to the fakers sat there wearing their real Rolex.
Yes they do!
AND
Forgetting the counterfeit manufacturers
Scammers attempting to sell on eBay check out on the likes of here - dudes that disclose everything allow these people to then post and atempt to mask those pointed out issues

adam
Old 10 May 2018, 03:29 AM   #41
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
Yes, they seeking the balance between low production expensenses and visible attributes of fake, and forums- their focus-group for free
Old 11 May 2018, 11:50 AM   #42
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

New member here in the market for my first Rolex. Browsing various threads, I'm learning a lot! Especially on this one which is one of the models I've been eyeing. Thanks everyone for the info and what to watch out for!
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 03:05 PM   #43
Rcrisologo
"TRF" Member

Thanks again everyone I will make sure to tell the child laborers I have from China how to do it right next time smh oh wait please provide me with more feedback....geez I am a first time user of this site and all the negative comments and accusations really turned me off to this site again thank you for your help experts
Rcrisologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 11:14 PM   #44
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrisologo View Post
Thanks again everyone I will make sure to tell the child laborers I have from China how to do it right next time smh oh wait please provide me with more feedback....geez I am a first time user of this site and all the negative comments and accusations really turned me off to this site again thank you for your help experts
You’re welcome. Advice though ...your fake would probably look better if you weren’t using child labor ...
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2018, 12:03 AM   #45
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Hi all dunno how I can tell if the GMT II I just bought is real or fake. Does anyone have tips on how I can tell? The bezel and the hour hand movement seems to be on ok because I can move hours and date only in the second position of the watch winder. The concern I have is the date does not change when I wind the watch backwards. It's my very first one

Thanks All
Quote:
Best of luck finding a real watch
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2018, 01:13 AM   #46
GradyPhilpott
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Big Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleluck View Post

I used to have the same questions as you, but with a little research, I realized that counterfeiting, besides being done by factories, is also done by individuals who get parts from suppliers and put the watches together themselves.

As with everything, there are varying grades of parts and so freelancers mix and match trying to get the best combination of parts to make a better "replica."

I don't think that all those who do this have actual watches to compare to and have to rely on pictures and the opinions of others to get feedback.

There are whole forums out there that discuss all these issues and where people brag about the quality of their "replicas."

As for the OP, who knows what his motivation is, but the fact is he has a fake and all the phony background stories and fuzzy pictures won't change that.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2018, 01:37 AM   #47
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Really? Well you're credibility went out the window when you basically ignored every logical question posed to you by various members here. Where did you buy it? Did you get box and accessories with it? How much did you pay for it?
Chirp...chirp...chirp...nothing but crickets. We tried to help, that is all I have to say.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 11:41 AM   #48
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxtek View Post
New member here in the market for my first Rolex. Browsing various threads, I'm learning a lot! Especially on this one which is one of the models I've been eyeing. Thanks everyone for the info and what to watch out for!
When you are ready to make a purchase, don't forget to Check Out The "Trusted Sellers" Right Here on TRF.
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 01:01 AM   #49
MARTIN1264
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Really? Well you're credibility went out the window when you basically ignored every logical question posed to you by various members here. Where did you buy it? Did you get box and accessories with it? How much did you pay for it?
Chirp...chirp...chirp...nothing but crickets. We tried to help, that is all I have to say.
Agreed....What he said.
MARTIN1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 01:23 AM   #50
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_1964 View Post
When you are ready to make a purchase, don't forget to Check Out The "Trusted Sellers" Right Here on TRF.
+1

And I would add, save yourself the risk and likely grief by limiting your search to ADs and trusted sellers here on trf. These watches are expensive. Why take a risk when the trusted sellers are so thoroughly vetted here.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 09:44 AM   #51
harrymai22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The L under the crown on the dial doesn't look right. It has a very high pointy L.
Is the rehaut crown logo not alignign with the 12 REALLY a sign of a fake? Every BLNR I've seen has it off for a fraction in ADs and on my own.
harrymai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 11:14 AM   #52
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymai22 View Post
Is the rehaut crown logo not alignign with the 12 REALLY a sign of a fake? Every BLNR I've seen has it off for a fraction in ADs and on my own.
"EVERY" How many is "EVERY"?

No it does not guarantee its fake, but it raises the suspicion to look further?

Adam
Old 21 May 2018, 11:35 AM   #53
KLEJNOT_NILU
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB
Laser etched crown at "6" looks bad to me.
How much you paid for it? The lack of basic info like price and box/papers is pretty fishy to me.
It looks like you bought a ~$300-500 fake and you're trying to check if it looks good for people in the business
KLEJNOT_NILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 11:44 AM   #54
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEJNOT_NILU View Post
Laser etched crown at "6" looks bad to me.
How much you paid for it? The lack of basic info like price and box/papers is pretty fishy to me.
It looks like you bought a ~$300-500 fake and you're trying to check if it looks good for people in the business
That and about 5 other things - its already confirmed fake a long time ago.
No need to go into details!
Old 21 May 2018, 11:49 AM   #55
KLEJNOT_NILU
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
That and about 5 other things - its already confirmed fake a long time ago.
No need to go into details!
I didn't notice the date before replying
KLEJNOT_NILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:58 PM   #56
harrymai22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
"EVERY" How many is "EVERY"?

No it does not guarantee its fake, but it raises the suspicion to look further?

Adam
You're right - not correct to use EVERY

However, my BLNR has it - the three that I've viewed in Rolex boutiques have it as well, seems to be almost the norm for BLNR
harrymai22 is offline   Reply With Quote