The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 November 2018, 11:12 AM   #31
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
Beautiful 911, thanks for posting !

Find a good broker, and capitalize on the market now !

I agree 100%
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 11:15 AM   #32
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

I would also reach out to these two on IG

3pedalcollector
mr_993
Old 15 November 2018, 11:17 AM   #33
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
I would also reach out to these two on IG

3pedalcollector
mr_993
Great idea! Thank you, I will contact them.

Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 11:23 AM   #34
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post

No problem. mr_993 is in Texas so even if he isn’t interested in the car himself maybe he can help you document the car and lead you in the right direction. Good luck that is a beautiful 930. I would love to own it myself but other goals at the moment.
Old 15 November 2018, 11:26 AM   #35
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

PM sent reply ASAP
Old 15 November 2018, 11:26 AM   #36
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
Beautiful 911, thanks for posting !

Find a good broker, and capitalize on the market now !

The market has already softened up. Lots available now for less than $40k. And dropping. If you’re going to move go fast!

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 12:44 PM   #37
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Don't forget about the dealer info I PM'd you from Hennessy Porsche in ATL. They have a classic car consignment division within the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 November 2018, 12:51 PM   #38
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by encarter13 View Post
Don't forget about the dealer info I PM'd you from Hennessy Porsche in ATL. They have a classic car consignment division within the dealership.

Yes, and thank you for that. I meant to show my appreciation with a response to your PM, but as things got busy this effort fell by the wayside. I will call them tomorrow. And thank you again.

Old 16 November 2018, 03:20 AM   #39
timedate
-

In my opinion they are the best cars ever to own and drive, a sense of theatre before every journey,

i think air cooled 911s were the high point in sports car design and manufacturing, they are small, quirky, noisy, basic, fast, and incredibly well built and easy to work on. They were all hand made, people with actual welding tools putting them together.

i had an sc which preceded the 3.2 and it was wonderful, shame i cant afford one now.

My advice is to buy it off the estate, and use it.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 01:21 AM   #40
Castlesinthesky
"TRF" Member

Watch: a few :)
That's a stunning car. Don't worry about the mileage, history and condition are everything with those. As has been suggested already if you are going to sell it, get a professional appraisal because a small detail can make a huge difference in value. Good luck.
Castlesinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 01:00 PM   #41
orangeguy

Watch: Rolex 16710
Sorry for your loss. I can’t even express my feelings about that.

As for the car, folks already mentioned Bring A Trailer. Good coverage with real car guys looking to buy.

I had an ‘88 911 I still regret selling. If you can, consider keeping it. You could get declared value collectors insurance which is super reasonable. Leland West has a discount for Porsche Club of America members. The car loves to be driven, so take it out for a run every month or so and you should be good.

Should you decide to sell it, I would be interested. I miss mine.

orangeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 01:54 PM   #42
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeguy View Post
Sorry for your loss. I can’t even express my feelings about that.

As for the car, folks already mentioned Bring A Trailer. Good coverage with real car guys looking to buy.

I had an ‘88 911 I still regret selling. If you can, consider keeping it. You could get declared value collectors insurance which is super reasonable. Leland West has a discount for Porsche Club of America members. The car loves to be driven, so take it out for a run every month or so and you should be good.

Should you decide to sell it, I would be interested. I miss mine.

Thank you. It's been a tough summer for the family. We have decided to sell it. PM me with your contact info and I'll contact you tomorrow. I can share a CarFax with you. I'm in TX and the car is in IN, but the family in IN says we have complete maintenance records for the 30 years he owned it.

Have a good evening!
Old 3 February 2019, 02:31 AM   #43
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Hello again. The story of this car is coming to an end in our family and thought I'd share the Bring a Trailer auction that's going on now. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-32/

Any predictions/ guesses on winning bid? Obviously anyone can bid on it but my intention isn't to advertise the auction, just thought those of you who posted in this thread might be interested to see the conclusion of the auction.
Old 3 February 2019, 03:06 AM   #44
Keadog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hello again. The story of this car is coming to an end in our family and thought I'd share the Bring a Trailer auction that's going on now. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-32/

Any predictions/ guesses on winning bid? Obviously anyone can bid on it but my intention isn't to advertise the auction, just thought those of you who posted in this thread might be interested to see the conclusion of the auction.
It's already at $40K. My guess is somewhere in the $50-60K range, mileage notwithstanding. The market for nice G50s still seems OK to me. They sell well on BAT from my intermittent checking in.
My '87 had linen leather and my interior looked far worse at 40K miles in the '90s.
I just ordered one of the last 991.2 cabs available or I would find this car "interesting". I've been driving much higher HP Porsches in the last 10 years and wouldn't mind having another G50 for DEs. They're a lot of fun to drive as long as cold AC isn't a big deal.
GLWA.
Keadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 03:24 AM   #45
SearChart
TechXpert

That is a good looking example, hope you'll get a very good price. With the current air cooled Porsche price bubble I think you're going to sell it well
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 04:27 AM   #46
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
I say mid-$30k. There is or was an exact ‘88 for sale in Beverly Hills for $40k. Meaning the dealership would take $38k give or take. I actually thought it was yours. The market has softened up a bit. I’d personally keep the car. I’d be worried of getting bad karma selling something that meant so much to a family member. Just to sock some money. I’d only do it if a trust was set up for the children or grandchildren’s college fund.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 04:34 AM   #47
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Missed this the first time.

Sorry for your loss.

Incredible car. Interesting outcome from the sisters. Too bad.

Best of luck working it all out.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 05:34 AM   #48
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I say mid-$30k. There is or was an exact ‘88 for sale in Beverly Hills for $40k. Meaning the dealership would take $38k give or take. I actually thought it was yours. The market has softened up a bit. I’d personally keep the car. I’d be worried of getting bad karma selling something that meant so much to a family member. Just to sock some money. I’d only do it if a trust was set up for the children or grandchildren’s college fund.
Hey, unfortunately keeping it is just not an option given the family dynamics. It isn't hostile or combative, just this car and the Porsche brand is something so nostalgic for them and their dad since they all can't have it, or reasonably share it given distance, selling is the only equitable solution.

Last bid on it is $40,000, four days to go. BaT unofficially ball parked it in high $40's and maybe even low $50's. A 1988 with 270,000 miles sold last week for almost $40,000 and it wasn't as original as this one. Another '88 with 53,000 miles and repainted sold for almost $67,000. Market was down for these but it seems to be coming back.
Old 3 February 2019, 05:36 AM   #49
CDNWatchNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I’m far from being a car guy, but my God that is a beautiful and well looked after car! Good luck with the sale!
CDNWatchNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 05:43 AM   #50
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post

so many opinions out there
Old 3 February 2019, 05:54 AM   #51
Reddy_Kilowatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16220 & 216570
Nicely done auction. $50k seems like the ceiling for this car, but people do funny things sometimes. Good luck with the sale. Sorry you can't keep it, as the cars are quite fun to drive.
Reddy_Kilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 05:55 AM   #52
Lgear080
Banned

Lol terrible opinions

Car has an interesting build sheet and is easy 50+
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 06:02 AM   #53
timedate
-

the market isnt what it was in the uk, but many think it is, and some even think its still rising,

so many cars unsold, same with houses, it doesnt need a genius to work out how to get things selling again.
Old 3 February 2019, 06:06 AM   #54
Lgear080
Banned

Is this a Brexit thing? Looking closer the car is desirable for many factors: G50, interior, service records, story, quaint photos and excellently written auction script. Car also looks
Mint for the mileage in the eyes of the driving enthusiast.
Old 3 February 2019, 06:13 AM   #55
Reddy_Kilowatt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgear080 View Post
Is this a Brexit thing? Looking closer the car is desirable for many factors: G50, interior, service records, story, quaint photos and excellently written auction script. Car also looks
Mint for the mileage in the eyes of the driving enthusiast.
I'll grant that the interior looks super fresh, though the linen color isn't to everyone's taste. Black isn't always a color that commands a premium either. You could be right that it will go north of $50k, but there are other similar mile cars out there in the $40s. Maybe someone really wants the one owner/records combo, but I don't think this is a no-brainer high $ car. I've been wrong before, though.

It is entertaining to see predictions in the $30-40k range when it's already at $40k with 3+ days left.
Old 3 February 2019, 06:30 AM   #56
Lgear080
Banned

Bring a trailer also seems to have its share of home runs...
Old 3 February 2019, 07:43 AM   #57
Keadog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgear080 View Post
Bring a trailer also seems to have its share of home runs...
Porsches do well there. The G50 cars are a lot of fun to drive and the 3.2 engine is pretty bullet proof with regular maintenance.
Good color, though some may shy from the light colored interior with a black car. Linen was very popular in the late '80s in these cars. Hard to keep clean in my experience when used as a DD. Maybe I'm just messier than most.

If two or more people want it, I can easily see $60K, or at least over $50K.
My '87 had and MSRP of $47K. I bought it in '94 for $28.5K and resold it to the original owner in 2001 for $25K. I liked my 993s a little better, but '87-'89 was a great run for Porsche.
Keadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 07:45 AM   #58
Reddy_Kilowatt
"TRF" Member

I still think the 915 vs G50 discussion is overblown.
Old 3 February 2019, 07:56 AM   #59
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Awesome! Good luck with sale. I’ll hazard a guess at 54k
Old 3 February 2019, 09:09 AM   #60
timedate
-

you only have to go back 6 years and these cars were 15k, and had been for years,

they could go back to that.