The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 11 July 2007, 07:27 PM   #1
emme77
"TRF" Member

Needed advise on my first PAM104J

Hi all, finally after 2 months of waiting, my AD called me on last Friday and collected my first Panerai watch pam104J on Monday! This watch is clean and beautiful, totally defferent type of 'feeling' as compared with my Rolex SD. But on the other hand...

I feel uncomfortable wearing the deployant buckle
as the inside clasps on the (6 o'clock)side is pressuring my wrist as i put on the second hole.Tried to loosen to the next (3rd) hole but it's loose on my wrist. I have a wrist size of 6.5". Kindly advise. Or is there some micro adjustment that i miss out? Somwhow, I feel like the correct position is between the 2nd and 3rd hole on the original black gator strap.

The second thing is, it has been loosing about 15 sec for 2 days. Will it loose more down the road?

Lastly on Monday night I noticed that the date changed 15min before midnight and last night it changed 5 min before midnight. Is that normal?

Thanks, Would really appreciate your advise and enlightenment.
emme77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2007, 08:28 PM   #2
walds11
"TRF" Member

Get yourself a tang buckle and some straps that will fit the tang buckle. Much more comfy.

It should run within COSC specs. Let it settle it a bit.

Not sure about the date issue. I am never up at midinight :)
walds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2007, 10:21 PM   #3
miner
"TRF" Member

emme77
As walds11 says get yourself a tang buckle, in fact get two one with a straight pin and one with a curved pin like so:

The reason you need two is that the straight pin buckle will give slightly tighter fit than the curved pin in the same hole on a strap and that gives you a little bit of micro adjustment. Once you have tried a couple of straps you'll soon settle on the size and the hole spacing that fits best and most of the strap makers will build you a strap to your specs.

The standard strap size for your wrist would be about 115 x 75. For a thicker strap say 5mm (like those in the pics) you'll need to go slightly larger. For my wrist at a shade under 7" I found the best fit is 125 x 80 with a hole punched 66 from the lug. I also don't get on with the deployant. Pity because it is a beautiful piece of gear.

As far as timing goes on your watch, it should have arrived within COSC specs (Are you 15 secs total in 2 days or 15 secs per day??). In fact you should have a certificate with the watch that tells you how it did during the COSC test over 15 days. The date change also seems odd to me in that it changes at different times. On my 164 the date changes instantly a couple of minutes before 12, same time every time. Maybe give it a week to settle down and then if you are not happy take it back to the ad for a fine tune, that's probably all it needs

Hope this lots helps.

miner is offline   Reply With Quote