The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 February 2017, 12:38 AM   #1
CN18
"TRF" Member

Nesbit's Service Experience

Just wanted to share on outstanding experience I had with Nesbit's Fine Watch Repair in Seattle, WA and to also pass along my sincere thanks to this forum for leading me to them and for your wisdom overall.

I have a vintage Seamaster ref. 136 010 that was a gift from my Grandfather to my Father upon college graduation. The watch was in desperate need of service as the lube was completely dried out, the outer bezel fell off and was lost and it had an aftermarket band. The bezel piece is aesthetic only but I desperately wanted the watch to be as close to original as possible. I contacted Omega and they told me that they no longer produced the bezel piece and that there was nothing even their vintage shop could do. I literally contacted watchmakers all over the world trying to source a bezel, to no avail.

Given the sentimentality of this piece, the thought of shipping it anywhere, let alone across the country was unsettling to say the least. Jan at Nesbit's was incredibly responsive and helpful from the start; even providing suggestions on additional ways to try and source a bezel on my own. She let me know right up front that since Omega no longer produced this bezel, she couldn't make any guarantees but that they would do everything in their power to restore the watch for me.

I took a leap of faith and sent the watch to Jan. She stayed in constant communication throughout the process, beginning with letting me know the minute the watch arrived safely.

As it turns out, they scoured their parts inventory and found the bezel for my watch. Upon letting me now, Jan was genuinely as excited as I was that they were able to make this happen for me.

I had a great experience with Nesbit's and would strongly recommend them for any service needs. I am sincerely grateful to them for understanding what this watch means to me and going way above and beyond!

Pic attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6437.jpg (81.6 KB, 208 views)
CN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2017, 01:12 PM   #2
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
Congrats and thanks for the report.
mmalek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2017, 02:07 PM   #3
xwalker4
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060/116500LN/PA
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing that great story. Glad they could help you restore that beautiful time piece.
xwalker4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2017, 02:24 PM   #4
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Thanks for posting and very cool that they were able to find a bezel. It's a beautiful watch and I hope you enjoy it for many years!
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 08:27 AM   #5
jmsrolls
Banned

Good people for sure!
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 01:59 PM   #6
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Wow, that's a beautiful Seamaster DeVille! They certainly did a great job, it almost looks new.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2017, 11:50 PM   #7
gaopa
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
Nesbit's is the only place I will use for service. They have serviced both my Omega and Rolex and I could not be more pleased with Nesbit's.
gaopa is offline   Reply With Quote