The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 26 November 2007, 11:52 AM   #1
Hellcat65

What do you think??????

Ok..I thought this section was the Watchout section....maybe thought it should be renamed the: " I just saw this on Ebay" section or the ever more popular: "What do you think?" section.

Hows about we STOP flipping through Ebay to find watches to post? I could find a dozen or so in the next 30 seconds..post them all and we could disect each and every one but its getting a bit BORING!!!!!

This section I believe is for folks getting ready to make a purchase, alreay made a purchase, or are questioning the integrity of a watch they currently own...yeah, I know your thinking about making a purchase off Ebay.... Thats what I think about purchase made there...you get what you pay for. If you got a gen. for a sweet price, congradulations!!! Your are one in a thousand that actually didnt get scammed.

So......can we PLEASE get off the What do you think frame of mind and do something a bit different??? Oh, btw, those web sites such as swiss luxury. xxx are total scam sites...I could post a 3 page thread on scam sites but I think some of you would rather pose the question...is this a scam site????

just my .02
Hellcat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
I don't agree. I think it is educational to many that these items are posted and I enjoy the critique of them. That is why this section was designed.

To say that you are one in a thousand if you didn't get scammed by ebay is alarmist. There are many here who have had great results from ebay as long as you know what you are doing. I would say you are much more likely to get a great deal than get scammed.

If you have some information on scam sites I think we would all be interested in hearing what you have to say.
Letsgodiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2007, 11:26 AM   #3
complex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega 53
There is a similar thread in nearly every collectors forum I've been a member of. Personally, I don't see why someone would be so opposed to Ebay links being posted, especially since it's a major source of watches. What else would be posted in this section?
complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2007, 11:55 AM   #4
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
I think this forum provides a service. First, it gets threads regarding counterfeits out of the mainstream TRF forums. Second, I think it has some educational value for newer fans of fine watches regarding what to be aware of regarding authenticity of a proposed purchase. Third, it brings to light what to watch out for in the way of online auction (no, eBay isn't the only one) scams, shill bidding, hijacked accounts, etc, etc, that a person might otherwise miss and end up getting burned. Fourth, there's some entertainment value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat65 View Post
yeah, I know your thinking about making a purchase off Ebay.... Thats what I think about purchase made there...
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Because yours isn't the same as mine doesn't make it any more or less valid.

Quote:
you get what you pay for.....
....If you got a gen. for a sweet price, congradulations!!! Your are one in a thousand that actually didnt get scammed.
Very true regarding value received for dollars spent. I paid a reasonable price for each of the 5 Rolex purchases I've made there, every one of which has been authenticated by the Toronto RSC. I don't consider myself to have been scammed.

Quote:
So......can we PLEASE get off the What do you think frame of mind and do something a bit different??? Oh, btw, those web sites such as swiss luxury. xxx are total scam sites...I could post a 3 page thread on scam sites but I think some of you would rather pose the question...is this a scam site????
You do realize that you have the option of not clicking onto this forum if it ruffles your feathers, don't you?
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2007, 12:05 PM   #5
hienpham04
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex President
I haven't dealt directly with www.swissluxury.com. But from what I heard, the site is O.K.
hienpham04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Hellcat65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
I think this forum provides a service. First, it gets threads regarding counterfeits out of the mainstream TRF forums. Second, I think it has some educational value for newer fans of fine watches regarding what to be aware of regarding authenticity of a proposed purchase. Third, it brings to light what to watch out for in the way of online auction (no, eBay isn't the only one) scams, shill bidding, hijacked accounts, etc, etc, that a person might otherwise miss and end up getting burned. Fourth, there's some entertainment value.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Because yours isn't the same as mine doesn't make it any more or less valid.

Very true regarding value received for dollars spent. I paid a reasonable price for each of the 5 Rolex purchases I've made there, every one of which has been authenticated by the Toronto RSC. I don't consider myself to have been scammed.

You do realize that you have the option of not clicking onto this forum if it ruffles your feathers, don't you?

Why dont You just say what you mean..
Old 27 November 2007, 12:49 PM   #7
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Why dont You just say what you mean..
Mike, sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. No harm, no foul.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2007, 05:38 PM   #8
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hi Mike,

I have bought over $30K in watches at Ebay and have not had a single problem. My DD came from Kris at 'Z-art-of-time' my new GMT II TT from Daniel at 'shop at newbury' etc. etc. The savings have been amazing and I now count them amongst friends that I can email or ring at any time. I have dozens of other Ebay watch sellers that I trust completely based on my experience with them.
IMO Forum members should be able to ask other members for advice on watch (Rolex and others) purchases from any source.
You have the option to buy from Ebay or not.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2007, 10:32 AM   #9
Hellcat65

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Hi Mike,

I have bought over $30K in watches at Ebay and have not had a single problem. My DD came from Kris at 'Z-art-of-time' my new GMT II TT from Daniel at 'shop at newbury' etc. etc. The savings have been amazing and I now count them amongst friends that I can email or ring at any time. I have dozens of other Ebay watch sellers that I trust completely based on my experience with them.
IMO Forum members should be able to ask other members for advice on watch (Rolex and others) purchases from any source.
You have the option to buy from Ebay or not.
Eddie,
Glad to hear your sucess story!!! I may have been a bit harsh in my judgment of Ebay and it wares...