The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 February 2017, 05:18 AM   #1
SeaGuy
"TRF" Member

Diver clasp--flush or not?

Hello--

I just had RSC Canada install a new clasp on a 93150 bracelet. It's the one on the left in the attached photo. As you can see, the side of the clasp opposite the flip-lock is not flush to the bracelet when "buckled." Compare that to my newer (10 year old) Submariner clasp, which is much more flush to the bracelet.

I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this. I've had two ADs tell me they have seen these clasps both ways, and I can't believe Rolex would let this go out their door if it were not correct. I was just wondering why the variation? Even online, I have seen clasps both flush and not so flush when closed. It doesn't bother me too much, but I do fear it catching on a coat button or other item of clothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3459.JPG.jpg (65.6 KB, 126 views)
SeaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 04:53 AM   #2
estorlie
"TRF" Member

I see a lot of Rolex sport watches every single day at work and I have seen plenty of both examples of clasp. Because of the way these clasps wear over the years, the blades of the clasp sometimes need to be bent slightly one way or the other in order to ensure that the clasp opens and closes with the right amount of tension. This leads to clasps with very slightly different ways of laying when they're closed, causing the many different variations that you see.
estorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 11:00 AM   #3
SeaGuy
"TRF" Member

Thank you, estorlie. That makes sense. Just wanted to make sure that my clasp wasn't "defective" or installed improperly. I couldn't imagine RSC doing a bad job of it.
SeaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote