The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 December 2019, 01:42 AM   #1
220e
"TRF" Member

Breitling Quality

Sorry but this is a long one, please bear with me.
In May last year I purchased a Transocean Day Date with a brown Crocodile Clasp Bracelet, beautiful watch. Shortly after purchase I discovered that the watch was gaining approximately 22 seconds every 24 hours. This was really disappointing. The watch was sent away to Breitling UK and sorted. They also reset my warranty and provided me with a complimentary service to be taken within 3 years. I was reasonably happy.
Fast forward to February this year, I purchased a Superocean 44 Special Black from Beaverbrooks. I was again let down by the quality of Breitling, this watch was gaining 10 seconds every 24 hours, way out of the allowed deviation. The watch was sent away and returned 6 weeks later. Bearing in mind this was my second ‘problem watch’, Breitling refused to reset my warranty or provide a complimentary service as was provided with my first watch.
On receipt of my watch, to my annoyance, I discovered that the watch was now gaining over 20 seconds every 24 hours and there was a grinding feeling when I wound the watch. This is totally unacceptable.
Yet again, the watch was sent away.
Breitling have informed me that the first problem with the watch was that the regulator had been knocked out of position and the second problem was with the movement reverser.
I have not yet received my watch but I have told Breitling I am not happy with the watch and asked for a refund. They stated that they would not entertain a refund as the watch was not purchased with them, that I have to go through Beaverbrooks, I will do this when my watch is returned but I am not hopeful. On this occasion Breitling have stated they have reset my warranty and have provided me with a complimentary service.
So in essence, my 2 Breitlings have been sent away on 3 occasions, being away for a total of 18 weeks, both watches purchased, as far as I’m concerned, in a sub standard condition.
Even though I still like both watches, I will never purchase another Breitling and I would not advice anyone else to, I will stick with Rolex. For a so called luxury watch brand, my experience is unacceptable, but that’s only my opinion. Is it acceptable for 2 new certified chronometer watches to be sold whilst gaining so much time?
I would welcome any thoughts or comments on my Breitling experience.
Thank you
220e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 08:56 PM   #2
220e
"TRF" Member

The watch has gone back to Beaverbrooks & they gave me a full refund. I will never buy Breitling again, I’m sticking with Rolex.
220e is offline   Reply With Quote