The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 July 2021, 12:10 AM   #1
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Wrist Symmetry and Number of Links

Weird question, but does anyone else here have an oddly asymmetric wrist??

My wrist is 19.5cm (which is just shy of 7.75"), but it's much thicker on the Ulna side (i.e. the outside) compared to the other 'inner' side. As a result, whenever I size my watches to get the head centred on the top of my wrist, and the blades of the clasp centred on the underside (which is what I've done for years), the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet is dramatically shorter than the 12 o'clock. It's less pronounced on watches with the longer Glidelock outer clasp, but on my 116710 GMT for example, that has the Easylink with a smaller visible area of clasp and hence more links on show, I have 4 links on the 6 o'clock side, and 8 on the 12 o'clock side!

That's actually only moving one link from one side to the other compared to how they come from the factory, but even though I've been doing this for years it just struck me how having twice the number of links on one side to the other is fair bit!

I know it doesn't matter as long as it comfortable and everything is centred correctly (which it is), and everyone's wrists are different, but I guess I was just wondering if I'm all alone on the weird properly asymmetric wrist front!
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2021, 12:23 AM   #2
KinKy BezeL
"TRF" Member

I’m a 6 & 4 man.
4 oyster links at the 6 o clock position, and 6 links at 12.

AD told me that’s quite normal. Even mentioned you want your watch to sit closer to the front of you wrist so you don’t need to over pronate/turn to see the time comfortably.
KinKy BezeL is offline   Reply With Quote