The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 8 December 2014, 03:35 AM   #151
vadcrealestate
"TRF" Member

Don't Trust Beckertime

i bought a Rolex from their website a little over a year ago. It's always fast. I contacted them and they said, "Sure, send it to us and we'll look at it". Yeah right, i'm going to send you my watch and you're going to charge me an arm and a leg to get it back IF it's really the same watch. Today, it's stopped running all together. They sucK!
vadcrealestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2014, 12:24 PM   #152
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooltzar View Post
People should just be precise then there are no misunderstandings. So for example, if a dial has been redone, I need to know exactly what was redone. Is the plate the original? Is the base colour and the writing original? Has it only been relumed or some of the text repainted where there were chips or was the whole dial reprinted or repainted? Seller should just say everything precicesly as it is from the beginning like i.e "dial relumed and repainted on original coated plate".
That ^^^^^^^^ pretty much nails it. Disclosure is the MOST important part of this.

fakery should NEVER be allowed. But DISCLOSURE of repainting, new bands or braclets etc, should always be on the forefront.
jeff hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2014, 04:27 AM   #153
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
I don't know much about Beckertime, but he listed a Sub 116610LV on WatchNet about 8 hours ago, and the link has since been removed. Maybe because it was selling for $6000 ????? Kinda low for a 116610LV, no? Incidently, WatchNet is where I got scammed.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 02:47 PM   #154
Roadturn
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Issue Resolved?

Checking to be sure this is cleared up. I bought a Submariner from Beckertime (https://beckertime.com/) direct -- not off eBay, but I assume you are talking about the same company. I love my watch. It is definitely genuine..
Roadturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2015, 02:41 AM   #155
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
when you say "cleared up" what are you referring to? beckertime has a long history of selling authentic rolex watches with aftermarket parts (bands, straps, dials, bezels, etc...) to increase the appeal of the watch. of course not all of their watches are this way but some are and they are typically fairly clear about it in the description.
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2015, 09:25 PM   #156
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadturn View Post
Checking to be sure this is cleared up. I bought a Submariner from Beckertime direct -- not off eBay, but I assume you are talking about the same company. I love my watch. It is definitely genuine..
welcome to the forum. a very interesting first post.
Old 16 June 2015, 10:06 PM   #157
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
welcome to the forum. a very interesting first post.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 01:09 AM   #158
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Old 17 June 2015, 04:37 AM   #159
westsiderkg
"TRF" Member

Watch: '66 Submariner
Quote:
Checking to be sure this is cleared up. I bought a Submariner from Beckertime (https://beckertime.com/) direct -- not off eBay, but I assume you are talking about the same company. I love my watch. It is definitely genuine..

hhhhmmmmmm....1 post? Is this a Beckertime Rep, lol?
westsiderkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 06:42 AM   #160
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderkg View Post

hhhhmmmmmm....1 post? Is this a Beckertime Rep, lol?
And hasn't been online since he posted that...things that make you go humm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2015, 03:06 AM   #161
Roadturn
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the welcome, Johny. I'm not usually on forums like this, so the format is a bit over my head. I need to figure out how to get notifications from responses and how to be sure I'm posting to a thread instead of starting a new one. If I read other comments correctly some are confused about what I referred to... but I think this is a thread about a guy who bought a Rolex from Beckertime then took it to NY and found out it was not genuine. I did my research and heard nothing but good about Beckertime, so wanted to know if that situation had been figured out. So far, I've found them nothing but helpful and trustworthy. Anyway, I'll see if I can figure out how to be a better contributor here. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 30 June 2015, 01:14 AM   #162
Roadturn
"TRF" Member

I'm new to forums, guys, and can't figure out how to get a response live or get notified of responses. My aim was to ask a question in a current thread, not start a new thread.
Old 1 July 2015, 02:12 PM   #163
southtexas

Quote:
I'm new to forums, guys, and can't figure out how to get a response live or get notified of responses. My aim was to ask a question in a current thread, not start a new thread.
What is your question...maybe we can help?

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2015, 02:03 AM   #164
Unknown Watchmaker
"TRF" Member

I recently got to examine a watch my customer got from BeckerTime, and apart from its leather band was authentic Rolex. Personally, I could care less if a leather band is stamped with the brand name, as long as the watch itself is what it purports to be, but there are those that collect these bands, and for them this is a sticking point.
The sheer volume of watches that BeckerTime does is staggering, and I'm surprised more things don't show up as being not exactly as described. Still, with only one watch to judge by, I'd say they're doing a good job, but the watch I saw was due for a service.
I buy hundreds of watches a year on the Bay and I have never had any issues, in a way the buyer is more protected than the seller.
And yes, this is my first post.
Unknown Watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2015, 03:36 PM   #165
rolex_DateJust
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes please!
Quote:
It's just a little odd that you would post that comment the same time you signed on and resurrected a thread that was pages and pages into this section. The last post before you commented was from December 2014 so that's why you're getting looked at the wrong way. Just my 0.02

The choice that will last a lifetime
rolex_DateJust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2015, 09:18 AM   #166
Danny83

Watch: Yellow Gold
Becker times sells fakes ! They scammed me before
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2015, 10:52 AM   #167
gyro
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseafan View Post
Well , I have heard enough about Becketime to say " I'm out"
sadly this
gyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2015, 06:44 AM   #168
Tinksmum
"TRF" Member

I've been looking at ladies' datejusts, happened to notice a Beckertime auction on Ebay for what looked like a steal. Before "making offer" I actually READ the item description. In capital letters (much like this) it stated:

"THE ORIGINAL ROLEX OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED CHRONOMETER SELF WINDING AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT IS RUNNING, BUT DOES NOT KEEP ACCURATE TIME. DUE TO THE AGE, TIME KEEPING IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO ACCURATE AND/OR CONSISTENT. THIS ROLEX IS PRICED LOW BASED ON THE WATCH NOT WORKING PROPERLY."

In another instance, on the Becker website, the description included the caveat (paraphrased, also in all caps) that unless the purchaser was prepared to do repairs and had access to parts, the watch in question could not be made to work as parts were no longer available.

Hard to be any more forthcoming than that.

I only mention this as I have personal experience purchasing from the Beckertime online store. The O.P. Date that I bought for my spouse has passed inspection with no problems, everything exactly as described. I had browsed through many of Becker's offerings in order to find one that did, in fact, have the original bracelet, and had no trouble identifying which was which based on the clear descriptions. I talked to both Mr. and Mrs. Becker in the course of making my decision and they proved more than happy to answer all my questions clearly and directly.

Lastly, when our watch began stopping erratically I called Beckertime again to get recommendations for repair. Now, bear in mind, I purchased the watch in November to give to my husband for Christmas and this behavior began in December. I was told the 1 year warranty would be honored as we hadn't actually began using the watch until Christmas. The watch was repaired and returned to us within three weeks.

Are we lucky? I guess. But I wouldn't hesitate to make another purchase from Beckertime.
Tinksmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2015, 09:00 AM   #169
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinksmum View Post
I've been looking at ladies' datejusts, happened to notice a Beckertime auction on Ebay for what looked like a steal. Before "making offer" I actually READ the item description. In capital letters (much like this) it stated:

"THE ORIGINAL ROLEX OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED CHRONOMETER SELF WINDING AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT IS RUNNING, BUT DOES NOT KEEP ACCURATE TIME. DUE TO THE AGE, TIME KEEPING IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO ACCURATE AND/OR CONSISTENT. THIS ROLEX IS PRICED LOW BASED ON THE WATCH NOT WORKING PROPERLY."

In another instance, on the Becker website, the description included the caveat (paraphrased, also in all caps) that unless the purchaser was prepared to do repairs and had access to parts, the watch in question could not be made to work as parts were no longer available.

Hard to be any more forthcoming than that.

I only mention this as I have personal experience purchasing from the Beckertime online store. The O.P. Date that I bought for my spouse has passed inspection with no problems, everything exactly as described. I had browsed through many of Becker's offerings in order to find one that did, in fact, have the original bracelet, and had no trouble identifying which was which based on the clear descriptions. I talked to both Mr. and Mrs. Becker in the course of making my decision and they proved more than happy to answer all my questions clearly and directly.

Lastly, when our watch began stopping erratically I called Beckertime again to get recommendations for repair. Now, bear in mind, I purchased the watch in November to give to my husband for Christmas and this behavior began in December. I was told the 1 year warranty would be honored as we hadn't actually began using the watch until Christmas. The watch was repaired and returned to us within three weeks.

Are we lucky? I guess. But I wouldn't hesitate to make another purchase from Beckertime.
Interesting first post.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2015, 11:19 AM   #170
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Interesting first post.
highly suspicious i would say
Old 24 October 2015, 01:35 AM   #171
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Yes - interesting indeed, however they joined back in 2011, so it doesn't appear to be an account just created to make Beckertime look good.

That said - I'm not a fan of theirs either. The bought a smaller watchforum that I use to belong to and ran it into the ground with a paid mod team that knew nothing about watches. Luckily, one of the other forum members had his own forum that he had put on hold and revived it so we all had a smaller place to gather again.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2015, 03:39 AM   #172
Tinksmum
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
highly suspicious i would say
I joined this forum when shopping for my husband's watch to learn as much as I could about what was clearly a perilous path. Thanks to the patient guidance of the members at that time I knew what questions to ask and owe the success of my search in no small part to the mentoring I received here.

Not cool, picking your collective brain and dropping out of sight when I got what I wanted (though I did buy a very nice box from a member), but we're not quite in the Rolex collecting league at my house. Still it's fun to look at the pictures, read about other people's experiences.

Sorry to hear of those of you who were disappointed, doesn't change the fact that my purchase turned out to be exactly as advertised and I had no customer service problems. Maybe I'm the only one; there's a first time for everything.
Old 24 October 2015, 07:51 AM   #173
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinksmum View Post
I joined this forum when shopping for my husband's watch to learn as much as I could about what was clearly a perilous path. Thanks to the patient guidance of the members at that time I knew what questions to ask and owe the success of my search in no small part to the mentoring I received here.

Not cool, picking your collective brain and dropping out of sight when I got what I wanted (though I did buy a very nice box from a member), but we're not quite in the Rolex collecting league at my house. Still it's fun to look at the pictures, read about other people's experiences.

Sorry to hear of those of you who were disappointed, doesn't change the fact that my purchase turned out to be exactly as advertised and I had no customer service problems. Maybe I'm the only one; there's a first time for everything.
So how come you only have two posts here? Did you get all this patient guidance via private message?
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2015, 06:36 AM   #174
Tinksmum
"TRF" Member

1. Re-reading this thread (to refresh myself on when it was begun), I see a good number of positive comments about experiences with Beckertime which did not draw snide and suspicious responses.

2. It is not necessary to post to learn much from a forum. In fact I have seen (not necessarly here) veterans pounce upon a noob for asking a question before reading to see how many times it had already been asked and answered. I must have been paying attention before buying, I didn't get my husband's watch from Time and Gems.

3. I may never have joined the forum had I not seen a very nice, age appropriate box for sale in the classifieds with which to adorn my spouse's gift. I regret failing to leave positive feedback for that seller at the time as the only information I can find now are his AOL address and his actual name, which may not be appropriate references for "Buyers/Sellers Who's Who ?!?!" (would appreciate any help I could get with this)

Best regards to all of you.
Old 25 October 2015, 07:25 PM   #175
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Beckertime posting much in this thread...
Old 25 October 2015, 10:47 PM   #176
rodwatch69
Banned

Watch: Gilt GMT
Well, mark me down as a potential buyer who saw too many red flags and didn't buy. I was inquiring about one of the many 1803 presidents they have for sale (they must have 100 of them) and they were incapable of showing me photos I requested or providing me with the actual serial number of the watch I was interested in buying.

Ultimately, I felt as if they were not interested in dealing with educated buyers and prefer the naive types that like a watch and just buy it, no questions asked..
rodwatch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2015, 04:44 AM   #177
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
On a positive note I did sell a Rolex Daytona to Beckertime without any issue at all. Prompt payment, clear communication, and good experience.

I think it goes without saying know what you are buying on the internet prior to buying it. Of course the golden rule of buy the seller first then the item.
Old 29 October 2015, 03:07 AM   #178
Chilgrove
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Oyster Date
My Rolex came from Beckertime and it is definitely genuine. I had no problems with them at all and I love my watch.
Chilgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2016, 05:33 AM   #179
Louis de Funes
"TRF" Member

Watch: my 1st Rolex
I like to resurrect this Thread since this is one of the reason I joined this Forum.
And after reading the rules I figure this is the best way to see what others think.

I found a watch that I like but now I am a little worried / cautious buying something from him. After reading here mainly what problems other people have had I surly want to avoid any issues.

This is this Listing on E-Bay from BERCKERTIME

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142117716471...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

eBay item number: 142117716471

what caught my attention is that he has three of them listed.

The issues that I see is that only one of the Watches is shown. How do you know which watch you will get ?
I would think it would make more sense to list them each in a separate Auction.

Have there been lately any issues with this Seller ?

The reason why I am looking to buy a Watch out of State is that I do not have to pay the sales Tax. I know there is a great Online Dealer located in Florida but unfortunately he has to charge Sales Tax.

I would appreciate if somebody would provide some feedback as to if I should stay away from this Seller or if he is GTG.

thank you very much
Louis de Funes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2016, 10:33 AM   #180
1jracing
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT/Sub/others
"Rolex is under no obligation to warranty-service watches sold by Beckertime through its service locations" is at the very bottom of the watch write-up in the link you supplied.

I can understand the warranty portion but not the service portion - good luck
1jracing is offline   Reply With Quote