The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 April 2022, 07:46 PM   #1
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Moser Streamliner Ranking

How would you rank the 3 offerings available to date as far as the following categories?

1. Creativity
2. Uniqueness
3. Wearability and usability
4. Overall your preference to have if able

These came out within a short time and interested to know how the chips fall for others out there. They are all fairly different in terms of look and certainly purpose and technical detail.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 10:30 PM   #2
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I like the case design but can’t get on board with the dial design or hands on them. I realize I’m in the minority and they are quite popular.
Old 1 May 2022, 02:33 AM   #3
deuxani
"TRF" Member

I’ve only seen the blue Flyback Chrono, but I’ve handled the green Centre Seconds because that’s the one I was most interested in. It wears really nicely, it’s smooth, light and thin. The dial is the most beautiful sunburst I’ve ever seen, it looks like it has multiple burst overlapping giving it a sort of butterfly effect. (It’s wrapped in plastic, so hard to capture with the light)

All three of them have the same design language, which is very unique, there is nothing like it. But only the Centre Seconds is 40mm, the others are 42.3mm, which in my book is too large for a watch like this.

It’s a marvelous watch, but you have to ask yourself the question, how long do you think you will be able to enjoy the design. It’s so unique, different and alien-esque that it’s difficult to predict how long you will enjoy the design. But I am still dreaming about this watch though, especially the dial, it really wowed me and that doesn’t happen very often anymore
deuxani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 03:12 AM   #4
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I rank them

Perp, want
Dragon, own
Chrono, not crazy about pusher on left

A blue perp ss or three hander in rg blue would be grail worthy
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 04:28 PM   #5
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
I’ve only seen the blue Flyback Chrono, but I’ve handled the green Centre Seconds because that’s the one I was most interested in. It wears really nicely, it’s smooth, light and thin. The dial is the most beautiful sunburst I’ve ever seen, it looks like it has multiple burst overlapping giving it a sort of butterfly effect. (It’s wrapped in plastic, so hard to capture with the light)

All three of them have the same design language, which is very unique, there is nothing like it. But only the Centre Seconds is 40mm, the others are 42.3mm, which in my book is too large for a watch like this.

It’s a marvelous watch, but you have to ask yourself the question, how long do you think you will be able to enjoy the design. It’s so unique, different and alien-esque that it’s difficult to predict how long you will enjoy the design. But I am still dreaming about this watch though, especially the dial, it really wowed me and that doesn’t happen very often anymore
I was excited for the streamliner perpetual but it wore large for my small wrist. I hope they make it 40mm someday.
Old 1 May 2022, 07:32 PM   #6
WatchSphinx
"TRF" Member

Tried on the Streamliner Perpetual and it wears smaller than its size suggest. Beautiful watch, if only I could get one…
WatchSphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 07:40 PM   #7
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

I would say the Streamliner flyback is my favourite watch (out of about 40), even taking into account recency bias. It wears like a 38mm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E1837217-F629-4925-9E30-448F51723E54.jpg (111.8 KB, 387 views)
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 09:38 AM   #8
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I like them all, but for me the time only is the best case size, so that’s what I went with
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 05:03 AM   #9
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

I'm trying to decide if I like the center seconds green dragon or the chrono better. There's something fascinating about the chrono piece particularly given the movement in it. Though it seems the green dial time only is super popular above the others.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:49 PM   #10
pb2au
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on day
I opted for the centre seconds and it has fallen into the rotation.

Very cool piece
pb2au is offline   Reply With Quote