The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 May 2022, 11:58 PM   #1
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Home Security Options

What is everyone using for a home security system? Have heard to stay away from ADT. Have xfinity for internet/TV. Have a Ring doorbell that I like so thinking that could be an option as well.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 12:06 AM   #2
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

I really like my Abode system.

Have heard great things about Ring as well.

My neighbor paid $8k for and ADT install. My Abode was self installed for about $1,100 and that included leak and tempe sensors that his ADT did not.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 12:39 AM   #3
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I am using a self installed Ring system in my new home, total cost was less than $500. My neighborhood is a quiet old school area where people watch out for each other, I feel very secure when I’m away. I like being able to monitor it from anywhere and the neighborhood watch features keep you informed of anything nefarious going on.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 12:51 AM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
The best security system is having good neighbours
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 12:52 AM   #5
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
I use Ring as well. I've been happy with the service so far.
Old 25 May 2022, 01:06 AM   #6
Mifune
Banned

For cameras and better end technologies... use .

their cameras and security systems are a step above.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:13 AM   #7
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
My wife insisted we remove all cameras and audio recorders for strong men and whatever other reason so now her home yoga and lambada instructors have keys and they’re here when I’m not so I feel secure that they’re looking out for my wife if I’m away. Other times it’s the landscapers and butler who watch over my home and wife when I’m away. Then it’s the local police who come by and stay with my wife and watch my home when I’m away. And when I’m asleep it’s my personal baker who watches in the evenings if my wife has insomnia. They’re all ex-Mr. Olympia, Navy Seals, and Master Yogis so they can fend if any physical threat and last a long time if need be.

So my house (main mansion) and wife are always secure with strong and fit males around.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:23 AM   #8
saturdayAMswingers
"TRF" Member

I've been happy with Ring. A LEO friend recommended putting it on my guest Wi-Fi network and registering it with my city to expedite response time/waive charges in the event of a false alarm.
saturdayAMswingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:32 AM   #9
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
I use ADT and have zero problems with them. I also have ring cameras everywhere as well as a CCTV System. Plus I have signs posted in my yard and on my garage. I realize some neighborhoods you can’t do that but we live on an acre and a half and we can do stuff like that. I think the cameras and the signs are very helpful. But the true peace of mind is ADT because if someone comes through the doors or window at night the alarm will sound. A ring camera can’t do that. At least mine can’t I mean.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:59 AM   #10
Mifune
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
For cameras and better end technologies... use Nelly Security

their cameras and security systems are a step above.
sorry about that

Nelly Security

Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 07:19 AM   #11
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Agree. And loud barking dogs.
Old 25 May 2022, 07:21 AM   #12
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
My wife insisted we remove all cameras and audio recorders for strong men and whatever other reason so now her home yoga and lambada instructors have keys and they’re here when I’m not so I feel secure that they’re looking out for my wife if I’m away. Other times it’s the landscapers and butler who watch over my home and wife when I’m away. Then it’s the local police who come by and stay with my wife and watch my home when I’m away. And when I’m asleep it’s my personal baker who watches in the evenings if my wife has insomnia. They’re all ex-Mr. Olympia, Navy Seals, and Master Yogis so they can fend if any physical threat and last a long time if need be.

So my house (main mansion) and wife are always secure with strong and fit males around.
Looks you have all the bases covered.
Old 25 May 2022, 12:25 PM   #13
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Have used an installed ADT system since 2006, have had 1 false alarm since. Totally satisfied.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:57 PM   #14
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

👮🏼
🐱
🎥

I have security in the locked lobby, plenty of cameras, if they get by them and up to the top floor and by the cat - I hope they’re ready for war
Old 25 May 2022, 02:05 PM   #15
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I tried ADT and had a terrible experience. It was so bad, they actually offered to end my contract and waive the cancellation fee. I don't know if I really need a monitored service with all the new technology available, but I still have a contract with Vector Security. No issues in my 13 or so years with them.

If you want simple to use and reliable equipment checkout the Wyze brand stuff. We currently have 3 indoor cameras, a spotlight camera, and their doorbell. I like their app and products so much I recently switched to their wi-fi irrigation controller and love it as well. The rest of my family has given the cameras a try as well, I believe a total of 6 between them, all love them as well. The only Wyze product I have returned is the Outdoor camera with base station, I just couldn't get a signal with it.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:09 PM   #16
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Absolutely. It's a good idea to cultivate relationships with your neighbors...for a multitude of reasons.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 10:54 PM   #17
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Looks you have all the bases covered.
And then some. My wife knows all the helpful people in my area. Just this morning my neighbor Joe said thanks for giving him a key to my house and say ‘Hi and thanks’ to my wife for the yoga lesson while I was away.

So I agree that good neighbors are important for security.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 11:00 PM   #18
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
I have Ring cameras outside and my Echo devices inside.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 11:36 PM   #19
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
If you're going to do what I did, put in a moat, prepare from some flak from your HOA.
To that end, pay the extra and schedule the entire dig for a long holiday weekend.
Once it's done and the soil's been carted away, there's really not much they can do about it.
Old 25 May 2022, 11:43 PM   #20
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
If you're going to do what I did, put in a moat, prepare from some flak from your HOA.
To that end, pay the extra and schedule the entire dig for a long holiday weekend.
Once it's done and the soil's been carted away, there's really not much they can do about it.
I know that post is in jest, but never underestimate a HOA!! I don't want to hijack the thread, but a funny HOA story I'll never forget. Several communities ago, we had a neighbor widened their driveway 18 inches with cement that matched the existing driveway. They were young and didn't know they needed permission. The HOA contacted them afterwards and said they needed to submit something in writing just so it could be on file. A week later the request came back stamp denied and they made them tear out the new work! I didn't have a dog in the fight but was pissed for them.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 01:12 AM   #21
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I have DSC equipment that’s been very reliable. The system is monitored by an independent company. Gives me piece of mind especially when we’re away.
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 05:50 AM   #22
Rock Strongo
Banned

Watch: Yes
Depending on how paranoid you are, many of the new DIY kits have a cellular backup option so someone can’t cut the phone line to disconnect the system (do people still have phone lines?).

Every house I’ve lived in that has a security system seems like it’s more of a hassle than a benefit, with false alarms and weird bypass settings. Having outdoor cameras you can access from your phone anywhere, plus locks that have unique codes and notifications when used are what we’ve landed on being sufficient.
Rock Strongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 07:28 AM   #23
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Three dogs and a cut-out of my mother in-law propped up in the front window, that's enough to scare anyone away .........
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 08:59 AM   #24
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
Three dogs and a cut-out of my mother in-law propped up in the front window, that's enough to scare anyone away .........
Read this to my wife. She is a laughing. Should I tell her that I do not think this was in jest?