The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 May 2022, 12:59 PM   #1
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
2FA help please!

Where is the Rolex forums QR code so I can do 2FA on a new laptop? I can find it anywhere in the website. Thku!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:10 PM   #2
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
Not sure about any QR code needed. Click on “User CP” in the tool bar along the top of the forum page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see two factor authentication on the bottom left side. That is where you can active it.

2FA security active
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:14 PM   #3
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcash0615 View Post
Not sure about any QR code needed. Click on “User CP” in the tool bar along the top of the forum page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see two factor authentication on the bottom left side. That is where you can active it.

Thku. Oddly, I hit user CP there is not scroll or drop down. Rather it brings me to this screen which is looking for some sort of a code. Thoughts?

Old 25 May 2022, 01:24 PM   #4
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

You already have 2FA active. Download the “Authy” app and add the Rolex Forum to the app. The “Authy” app will then generate the needed code that you enter on that screen.

2FA security active
Old 25 May 2022, 01:36 PM   #5
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You already have 2FA active. Download the “Authy” app and add the Rolex Forum to the app. The “Authy” app will then generate the needed code that you enter on that screen.

Sorry for being a tech idiot. Does it have to be Authy or can it be DUO or Google Authenticator? (Seems that I’m locked out of authy without resetting it due to a new iPhone). And how do i add TRF to that app?

Old 25 May 2022, 02:23 PM   #6
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Sorry for being a tech idiot. Does it have to be Authy or can it be DUO or Google Authenticator? (Seems that I’m locked out of authy without resetting it due to a new iPhone). And how do i add TRF to that app?

I’m not familiar with those other options, but I assume they would work as long as you add The Rolex Forum to them. With the Authy app, once downloaded on your iPhone, you just click on the “add account” link within the Authy app and add The Rolex Forum.

2FA security active
Old 25 May 2022, 04:08 PM   #7
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’m not familiar with those other options, but I assume they would work as long as you add The Rolex Forum to them. With the Authy app, once downloaded on your iPhone, you just click on the “add account” link within the Authy app and add The Rolex Forum.

Kk Thku. Trying that and am being asked for the ‘activation code’ for the new application. Do you know what the ‘activation code’ is for TRF?

Old 25 May 2022, 04:25 PM   #8
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

This post should help:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=747721
Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 05:29 AM   #9
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Quote:
Kk Thku. Trying that and am being asked for the ‘activation code’ for the new application. Do you know what the ‘activation code’ is for TRF?

Do you remember which app you used when you first enabled two factor authentication? I think only that app will present a code that will work to log into TRF. You can't enable another app until you disable using the first app.

If you have a new iPhone, did you set up the new iPhone by transferring your old settings or set it up as a new phone and reinstall all apps. I've read that Google Authenticator does not transfer. You would have had to disable 2FA on TRF and then re-enable 2FA on TRF for it to work.

When you enabled 2FA on TRF you should have been presented with a disable code that you were supposed to safe for something like this. Did you save that code?

If you don't have a working app or the disable code, you will have to contact Steve 'Lol-x' for help.

Good luck.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote