The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 13 December 2021, 03:27 AM   #271
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
To my recollection my first purchase was for a $600 silver bracelet in 2001 on March 17th. I later purchased a necklace or two for a total of another $600…

You think I’m close?

I recall stopping in to Tiffany the day the 5740 was released, the list was 70 persons long by time I got there
Maybe I should try too. I lived in Westchester and in Brooklyn for some years and I have been at Tiffany's as well.

As to 5740... Unfortunately, I got on the list only in 2019. AD recently said I am not in their top 5 but top 10 and it will be 5+ years. Not holding my breath.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 08:33 AM   #272
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Maybe I should try too. I lived in Westchester and in Brooklyn for some years and I have been at Tiffany's as well.

As to 5740... Unfortunately, I got on the list only in 2019. AD recently said I am not in their top 5 but top 10 and it will be 5+ years. Not holding my breath.
Top 10! You could probably sell that spot for MSRP
Old 13 December 2021, 08:35 AM   #273
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
170 may seem like a low number but they are only sold at 3 Tiffany stores in US. It should not be too difficult if one has regular Patek and jewellery purchases at Tiffany US imo. Comparatively, it's impossible for folks outside US with no Tiffany spending.

I’m a little less hopeful now.
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 09:58 AM   #274
ryeutil
"TRF" Member

This watch seems to be very polarizing, whether it's the insane price it commanded on the auction this past week, or the dial/marker colors. I however... really love it. and as Ichiran mentions above...I also like the fact that one could purchase this from Tiffany without having to be on a 5+ waitlist with your local PP dealer. I'd like to know who will be buying this watch to wear however... and not just storing it for an investment piece.
ryeutil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 10:27 AM   #275
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
170 may seem like a low number but they are only sold at 3 Tiffany stores in US. It should not be too difficult if one has regular Patek and jewellery purchases at Tiffany US imo. Comparatively, it's impossible for folks outside US with no Tiffany spending.
If Patek and Tiffany do follow through on what they said - that the watches will solely be distributed through the 3 Tiffany stores in the US, then it’s quite possible for present customers with purchase history to get one. I do think there will be a lot of string pulling from a lot of customers across the globe to get hold of one. And……. Unless the watches are numbered, I do think Patek may produced more than the 170 announced…. Not by much. Maybe 250. That’s just my prediction.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 01:05 PM   #276
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
If Patek and Tiffany do follow through on what they said - that the watches will solely be distributed through the 3 Tiffany stores in the US, then it’s quite possible for present customers with purchase history to get one. I do think there will be a lot of string pulling from a lot of customers across the globe to get hold of one. And……. Unless the watches are numbered, I do think Patek may produced more than the 170 announced…. Not by much. Maybe 250. That’s just my prediction.

I wish that was the case. This will be very tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 December 2021, 05:42 PM   #277
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Quote:
Top 10! You could probably sell that spot for MSRP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
I’m a little less hopeful now.
I hope most of you with some kind of spend there will get this gorgeous 5711. Do post pics (lots of!) when it arrives!
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 11:51 PM   #278
PPOnlyT-Stamps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope most of you with some kind of spend there will get this gorgeous 5711. Do post pics (lots of!) when it arrives!
Rumors are:

1) for Patek clients with Tiffany relationship there needs to be a minimum spend of $2M in jewelry purchase to qualify.

2) Jewelry only clients will qualify if their spend is over $5M for jewelry purchases.

Not sure if that is future purchase only or past purchases also qualify.
PPOnlyT-Stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 02:16 AM   #279
J to the Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Quote:
To my recollection my first purchase was for a $600 silver bracelet in 2001 on March 17th. I later purchased a necklace or two for a total of another $600…

You think I’m close?

I recall stopping in to Tiffany the day the 5740 was released, the list was 70 persons long by time I got there

I was chatting with my Tiffany SA about the madness/hype around the release last week. Not surprisingly tons of phone calls from clients who’ve never made purchases in decades asking for an allocation. Funniest was someone who called the store and made their last purchase in 1989 according to the CRM!

J to the Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 02:17 AM   #280
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPOnlyT-Stamps View Post
Rumors are:

1) for Patek clients with Tiffany relationship there needs to be a minimum spend of $2M in jewelry purchase to qualify.

2) Jewelry only clients will qualify if their spend is over $5M for jewelry purchases.

This still won't matter, so many people hit those numbers!
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 02:21 AM   #281
J to the Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Quote:
Rumors are:

When I was chatting with my Tiffany SA (who sells PP), he said management was waiting for the auction result in order to set the bar on qualifying for an allocation. He said one method they may consider would be a “contractual spending agreement”, where if your purchase history wasn’t enough then you could be offered the chance to make a minimum amount of future purchases within a certain time limit.

J to the Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 02:23 AM   #282
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J to the Z View Post
When I was chatting with my Tiffany SA (who sells PP), he said management was waiting for the auction result in order to set the bar on qualifying for an allocation. He said one method they may consider would be a “contractual spending agreement”, where if your purchase history wasn’t enough then you could be offered the chance to make a minimum amount of future purchases within a certain time limit.

I suspect that this watch is being used to drive incremental future purchases rather than a thank you for business already done (unlike the 5711 green). I do hope that the boutiques are able to carve out at least a few pieces for their loyal customers.
Old 14 December 2021, 02:49 AM   #283
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeutil View Post
This watch seems to be very polarizing, whether it's the insane price it commanded on the auction this past week, or the dial/marker colors. I however... really love it. and as Ichiran mentions above...I also like the fact that one could purchase this from Tiffany without having to be on a 5+ waitlist with your local PP dealer. I'd like to know who will be buying this watch to wear however... and not just storing it for an investment piece.
Sly… Mark Wahlberg… etc.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 03:00 AM   #284
ralpie
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Would never happen- but how cool would it have been to just release these without saying a word and sell them to whomever walks in and is naïve enough to ask "Any Nautilus?" would be really fun like when Banksy sold paintings on the street for $60 and nobody knew it was him (right down the block from Tiffany in NYC by the way).

I upped my ask for my own 5711 on this site to 4.2mm which saves a lucky buyer 2mm over this trendy blue/green tiffany model
ralpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 03:02 AM   #285
PPOnlyT-Stamps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
I suspect that this watch is being used to drive incremental future purchases rather than a thank you for business already done (unlike the 5711 green). I do hope that the boutiques are able to carve out at least a few pieces for their loyal customers.
Imagine if allocations based solely on future sales:

$5M per 169 clients is minimum of $845M in total sales(not including the price of the watch)…some of those clients will spend above that. Looking at incremental gross revenue gain of around $1 Billion just on allocations of 169 watches…. This is probably the ONlY Patek reference that can bring in that much revenue stream from 169 watches!!
PPOnlyT-Stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 06:41 AM   #286
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Must be nice to wake up and being handed an extra million or two for doing absolutely nothing.

Suddenly buying some extra diamonds for the mrs. wasn't so bad haha

2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 12:42 PM   #287
911AP
"TRF" Member

Not to be a troll....I love the nautilus. But, this dial is so ugly on this watch. This is just how stupid watch trading has become that you throw a Tiffany blue, Tiffany stamped dial, on a nautilus and this happens.

This is like the perfect trifecta of hype all in one watch. It doesn't even make sense but that doesn't even matter. The hype is just so strong all logic goes out the window.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 03:32 PM   #288
subtona
"TRF" Member

Just realized I haven’t heard a peep about the emerald green 5711 since the Tiffany was announced
Old 14 December 2021, 11:53 PM   #289
Ubiquitous1984
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Not to be a troll....I love the nautilus. But, this dial is so ugly on this watch. This is just how stupid watch trading has become that you throw a Tiffany blue, Tiffany stamped dial, on a nautilus and this happens.

This is like the perfect trifecta of hype all in one watch. It doesn't even make sense but that doesn't even matter. The hype is just so strong all logic goes out the window.
Tbf for some people (myself included) the alliance of Tiffany and Patek brings their two favourite luxury brands together. Throw in the Nautilus (my favourite sports watch) coupled with the Tiffany blue (my favourite shade of colour) and it's easy to see why so many have fallen in love with the watch. But I get that for others it will be very bland looking and the hype will seem ridiculous!

My lifetime tiffany spend is about £30k, which in my tiny market (north west England) actually gets me some recognition (hand written birthday cards, free gifts etc) but the realisation that to get even close to on the radar for one of the 169 pieces I'd need to spend £5M more is pretty humbling!!
Ubiquitous1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:00 AM   #290
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Just realized I haven’t heard a peep about the emerald green 5711 since the Tiffany was announced
It’s become quite the consolation prize
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:01 AM   #291
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

My lifetime Tiffany spend is above $1M, and I do not qualify for this.

I have to believe that the absurd valuation set at a *charity* auction (though everyone seems to ignore that fact) has set the bar extremely high.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:47 AM   #292
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Tiffany effect in full bloom, this 5711/1R is now at over half a million quid, and some dealers now have the plain RG at over £200K.

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/patekphil...id21573208.htm
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:52 AM   #293
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

What a joke.

The whole situation is a joke.

And the joke is on us.
Old 15 December 2021, 01:40 AM   #294
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
It’s become quite the consolation prize
That’s great!

“Sorry we can’t sell you a Tiffany but we can sell you this green one…. I’m telling you people really wanted it “
Old 15 December 2021, 04:05 AM   #295
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
My lifetime Tiffany spend is above $1M, and I do not qualify for this.

I have to believe that the absurd valuation set at a *charity* auction (though everyone seems to ignore that fact) has set the bar extremely high.
they have tiffanys in montana ?:)

seriously, did you buy high jewelry for the wife or how did you get to this insane number ?
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 01:13 PM   #296
theprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Rumors are:

SA at Tiffany today said the number is $2M spend in 2022 to get the allocation.
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 01:25 PM   #297
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
This minimum spend really grinds me up the wrong way, my soul isn’t for sale.
Moondoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 02:32 PM   #298
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
My guess is they will be tied to future diamond purchases in the 7 figures and then a handlful get allocated to influential celebrities. Alexandre Arnault is fapping himself to sleep enjoying this.
Old 15 December 2021, 03:20 PM   #299
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
they have tiffanys in montana ?:)

seriously, did you buy high jewelry for the wife or how did you get to this insane number ?
I don't spend all my time in Montana. I spend most of my time in the air these days.

The wife. Mostly diamond related stuff. $1M is not insane when you factor in over a decade. In fact, it's actually quite measly since Tiffany diamonds aren't cheap.
Old 15 December 2021, 03:22 PM   #300
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Tiffany limited edition 5711

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post

You’re not a troll…you’re simply stating your opinion. There are a few Nautilus watches I like for sure (5712, 5990). But this one is, hands down, the fugliest watch I’ve ever seen. And what it represents is even more vomit inducing.