The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 30 April 2022, 03:55 AM   #1
Ironman3000
"TRF" Member

Authenticity of Audemars Piguet 15500

Hi guys,

New to this forum and I hope I’m posting in the right place.

I was offered this AP 15500 blue dial, with no box nor paper, watch only.

Wanting to see if anyone can shed some lights on the authenticity of this watch.

Pls excuse for the quality of the photos as I had to compress them to be posted.

Thanks everyone in advance.
Ironman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 08:15 AM   #2
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Can't tell anything from the front pics, but the movement looks good, the fake 4302s have a mess of hokey faux bridges glued onto a basic miyota.
Still, for this kind of Range Rover money and no box or papers, I wouldn't rely on the opinion of an internet rando like me....I would want to buy this from a well established, well known secondary market seller, so when you say someone "offered it to you" that sets off alarm bells....
Old 30 April 2022, 10:21 AM   #3
Ironman3000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
Can't tell anything from the front pics, but the movement looks good, the fake 4302s have a mess of hokey faux bridges glued onto a basic miyota.
Still, for this kind of Range Rover money and no box or papers, I wouldn't rely on the opinion of an internet rando like me....I would want to buy this from a well established, well known secondary market seller, so when you say someone "offered it to you" that sets off alarm bells....
Thanks very much for the reply, the seller is a pretty established company in China, but the price is definitely too good to be true and because I’m not in China atm and cannot have it verified at a proper watch maker, I’m hoping someone knows better than me that can shed some lights for now.
Old 30 April 2022, 01:35 PM   #4
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
secondary going price for this $20k watch is over $100K, whatever country you're in.
I'm assuming the seller has the internet and knows this, so why is he selling it to you, all the way in Australia, at a price "too good to be true"?
The watch in the picture appears genuine based solely on the movement pic, but that doesn't mean that's what will turn up at your door- then there would be recovering your money if it goes tits up...and given the sophistication of wire scams, fake banks....
Old 30 April 2022, 01:42 PM   #5
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
I’m not much of an expert on the AP stuff but common sense says don’t drop 100k sight unseen on a watch from China.
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 02:29 PM   #6
Ironman3000
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys for the response, the seller is a second hand watch company with a sizeable collection of watches, and I found them on the Chinese version of TikTok where a lot of them do lots of selling live steam.

As I’m Chinese myself living in Australia, I do have a few friends that can go and verify the watch for me but given the Covid situation in Shanghai atm, where this company is based, my frds cannot leave their house for now until the Covid restriction is eased.

But again, I definitely will not purchase this watch without anyone seeing it or verifying in person first but just wanting to get some better opinions on these pictures on this forum first.

Thanks again guys
Old 30 April 2022, 06:37 PM   #7
Chris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
secondary going price for this $20k watch is over $100K, whatever country you're in.
I'm assuming the seller has the internet and knows this, so why is he selling it to you, all the way in Australia, at a price "too good to be true"?
The watch in the picture appears genuine based solely on the movement pic, but that doesn't mean that's what will turn up at your door- then there would be recovering your money if it goes tits up...and given the sophistication of wire scams, fake banks....
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote