The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 24 February 2022, 06:55 AM   #1
tufa
"TRF" Member

Chronoscope clasp

Hi All,

Has anyone ordered the new clasp from the Speedmaster Chronoscope?
Have you had to wait long for it to deliver?

I've got one on order to fit on my Snoopy but waiting for it for 2 months now, since the Chronoscope was released...
tufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2022, 09:46 PM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
In the U.S. I ordered one for my 3861 and it was readily available from the Boutique. The clasp itself is nice but you might as well not think you are going to get a lot of adjustment as it is only .5. In the end I put the original clasp back on and went on with it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2022, 11:24 PM   #3
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufa View Post
Hi All,

Has anyone ordered the new clasp from the Speedmaster Chronoscope?
Have you had to wait long for it to deliver?

I've got one on order to fit on my Snoopy but waiting for it for 2 months now, since the Chronoscope was released...
I got one last year. Back then it was a 6-week wait. I've attached a pic below. It doesn't look too much different than the original clasp, but the Chronoscope one is a bit longer. With the original clasp, it was either too tight or too loose. I have a much better fit with the new clasp.

It also looks much better extended vs. the original clasp.

rich-96db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 06:37 PM   #4
jtorrebl

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich-96db View Post
I got one last year. Back then it was a 6-week wait. I've attached a pic below. It doesn't look too much different than the original clasp, but the Chronoscope one is a bit longer. With the original clasp, it was either too tight or too loose. I have a much better fit with the new clasp.

It also looks much better extended vs. the original clasp.

is this on the 2021 speedmaster professional moonwatch?
jtorrebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 10:04 PM   #5
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post
is this on the 2021 speedmaster professional moonwatch?
Yes - 2021 3861 sapphire sandwich.
Old 11 May 2022, 01:41 AM   #6
jtorrebl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
In the U.S. I ordered one for my 3861 and it was readily available from the Boutique. The clasp itself is nice but you might as well not think you are going to get a lot of adjustment as it is only .5. In the end I put the original clasp back on and went on with it.

This .5 is exactly the point for a single quick adjustment throughout the day as your wrist adjusts. It’s not supposed to be a more variable adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2022, 03:11 AM   #7
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

If you're thinking of changing the clasp, be sure to read through this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/2...celet.5343457/

There are some issues with getting all of the necessary parts.
Old 11 May 2022, 06:00 AM   #8
tufa
"TRF" Member

I've done mine already. Needed a bit of tweaking and combining a 3861 clasp, but it works perfectly.
Old 13 May 2022, 01:58 AM   #9
jtorrebl

Quote:
If you're thinking of changing the clasp, be sure to read through this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/2...celet.5343457/

There are some issues with getting all of the necessary parts.
Thanks for this link. I don’t have watch yet but am looking for this necessary swap. Hopefully omega does the factory update and we can get a correct piece directly.
Old 2 June 2022, 11:32 PM   #10
wsrobert
"TRF" Member

Have any of you that have done the swap had issues with clasp not fully closing? The watchuseek thread above seems to highlight that without appropriate endlink swaps (which nobody can seem to source) the clasp doesn't fully lock/close.
wsrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2022, 01:30 AM   #11
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrobert View Post
Have any of you that have done the swap had issues with clasp not fully closing? The watchuseek thread above seems to highlight that without appropriate endlink swaps (which nobody can seem to source) the clasp doesn't fully lock/close.
The clasp will close, but the swing arm hits the "Push" button on the clasp. You can see from my pics in an earlier post that the swingarm sits slightly elevated and there is a gap between it and the bracelet links. To me, it's no big deal - I'd rather have the option to adjust the fit on the fly throughout the day.
Old 3 June 2022, 08:10 AM   #12
tufa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The clasp will close, but the swing arm hits the "Push" button on the clasp. You can see from my pics in an earlier post that the swingarm sits slightly elevated and there is a gap between it and the bracelet links. To me, it's no big deal - I'd rather have the option to adjust the fit on the fly throughout the day.
if you dissamble the 3861 clasp and you use the swingarm from that, you can make it fit perfect. Thats what I've done on mine..
Old 3 June 2022, 08:54 AM   #13
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

Quote:
if you dissamble the 3861 clasp and you use the swingarm from that, you can make it fit perfect. Thats what I've done on mine..
In the pic, I did transfer over the 3861 swingarm.
Old 3 June 2022, 01:18 PM   #14
wsrobert
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I understand that. But at least what I think that WUS thread is explaining is that even doing so, the clasp doesn’t fully lock. But if you all have done this swap, including the swingarm, than it must work just fine. Just confused by the dialogue in that thread.
wsrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 01:47 AM   #15
jtorrebl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrobert View Post
I understand that. But at least what I think that WUS thread is explaining is that even doing so, the clasp doesn’t fully lock. But if you all have done this swap, including the swingarm, than it must work just fine. Just confused by the dialogue in that thread.
Thread explains using one extra piece allows you to use the new clasp’s swing arm. Then it sits flush