The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 May 2022, 08:47 AM   #1
mcs101
2024 Pledge Member

Everest Now Has Rubber Straps Available for 41mm 126610, 124060 & 126613 Subs

For those who are interested, Everest now has rubber straps available for the 126610, 124060, and 126613 Submariners, both as a regular tang buckle strap or for use with your Rolex deployant clasp here: https://www.everestbands.com/collect...-post-2020-new

In my case, I have a 124060 (non-date) with a Rubber B strap (using my Rolex clasp). Although I generally like that strap, it seems just a bit off for me with my 7.25” slightly flatter wrist. The Rubber B rubber is fairly stiff and doesn’t wrap around my wrist around the 6 o’clock slide as well as I’d like. So I’ve just ordered the Everest version today and will try it out. I may post an update with comparison after I install the Everest strap.

Just passing along for those who may be interested….
mcs101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2022, 12:38 PM   #2
mcs101
2024 Pledge Member

Well, I received the Everest strap today and it is much softer and way more comfortable than the Rubber B (at least for me). I can see how some would say the Rubber B has a "higher quality" look, but to me it’s barely noticeable and really only if I’m looking at them side by side, plus for me it’s no issue given the difference in comfort. So I’ll be selling the Rubber B and will post it the appropriate area soon.
Old 1 June 2022, 01:41 PM   #3
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I have the tang buckle rubber b (I always go tang as I find them more comfortable) and am happy that they finally figured out how to get the strap not to impede the bezel action. On my 114060 the strap always had a touch of friction on the bezel rotation that created resistance. No more on the 124060.
Old 1 June 2022, 04:54 PM   #4
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs101 View Post
Well, I received the Everest strap today and it is much softer and way more comfortable than the Rubber B (at least for me). I can see how some would say the Rubber B has a "higher quality" look, but to me it’s barely noticeable and really only if I’m looking at them side by side, plus for me it’s no issue given the difference in comfort. So I’ll be selling the Rubber B and will post it the appropriate area soon.
Some pics of both straps on the watch would be great if possible? I also have a 124060 and have long considered the Rubber B with clasp option. I too have 7.25 inch wrists and like a decent fit!
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2022, 12:46 AM   #5
mcs101
2024 Pledge Member

Sure, here are some photos.

Photo 1 - Rubber B strap. Note how straight/stiff the right strap looks (they're both the same size and stiffness, it just looks that way because of how the strap exits the clasp.

Photo 2 - I swapped the one strap piece on the right with the Everest. Note how it curves more (softer). The left strap is still the Rubber B.

Photo 3 - Rubber B strap on wrist. Note how the watch head and clasp are separated from my wrist due to the relative stiffness of the strap.

Photo 4 - Everest strap on wrist. Note how the watch head and clasp fit closer to my wrist and is certainly more comfortable (again, for me).

I should note that both straps are the same color (black), but the Everest has a warmer tone in my photo for some reason. Also, compared side by side I would say the Everest is slightly shinier. Hope that helps!

1 - Rubber B.jpg
2 - Everest.jpg
3 - Rubber B.jpg
4 - Everest.jpg
Old 2 June 2022, 12:49 AM   #6
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

No thanks ... Rolex makes the best bracelet and clasp in the industry, so for me, there is no reason to mess with these rubber straps.
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2022, 12:51 AM   #7
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Something about the rubber straps using the original clasp has always looked off to me. Maybe seeing in person would be different I'm just looking at pictures.

The security taking on and off aside I much prefer just a tang buckle with my rubber straps or the way Omega does their deployant I think looks fantastic.
Old 2 June 2022, 12:52 AM   #8
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Quote:

Photo 1 - Rubber B strap. Note how straight/stiff the right strap looks (they're both the same size and stiffness, it just looks that way because of how the strap exits the clasp.

Photo 2 - I swapped the one strap piece on the right with the Everest. Note how it curves more (softer). The left strap is still the Rubber B.

Photo 3 - Rubber B strap on wrist. Note how the watch head and clasp are separated from my wrist due to the relative stiffness of the strap.

Photo 4 - Everest strap on wrist. Note how the watch head and clasp fit closer to my wrist and is certainly more comfortable (again, for me).

I should note that both straps are the same color (black), but the Everest has a warmer tone in my photo for some reason. Also, compared side by side I would say the Everest is slightly shinier. Hope that helps!

Attachment 1295925
Attachment 1295926
Attachment 1295927
Attachment 1295928
Excellent, thank you. This helps me a lot!
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2022, 01:05 AM   #9
Foxiness
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Attachment 1295925
Attachment 1295926
Attachment 1295927
Attachment 1295928

Good stuff. no wonder rubber b was not comfy for me... thinking if I should give Everest a try
Foxiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2022, 03:51 AM   #10
jorbes13
"TRF" Member

What’s the best way for getting an extra clasp for these straps? Can I just go to an AD and ask to buy one? Or do people use 3rd party clasps?
jorbes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2022, 06:08 AM   #11
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Wow, $308 USD with a buckle? I was waiting for these to be stocked again but not for that much. How can these cost $70 over Rubber B?
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2022, 11:11 AM   #12
mcs101
2024 Pledge Member

Hi Tim - I see $240 on the site for the tang, $220 for using the clasp (and I paid $220). Maybe you’re looking at a different currency or ?
Old 2 June 2022, 12:26 PM   #13
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Hi Tim - I see $240 on the site for the tang, $220 for using the clasp (and I paid $220). Maybe you’re looking at a different currency or ?
Thanks. Maybe it was already converted to Canadian, websites usually show CAD when thst happens, $308 CDN is doable.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2022, 01:17 AM   #14
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
Quote:

Attachment 1295925
Attachment 1295926
Attachment 1295927
Attachment 1295928
This is the dumbest post I have seen in a while. I have owned ALL of the straps (check out Wristworthy blog) and Rubber B being my favourite is very soft and curves around the wrist perfectly well. Only at first it is straight right out of the box just like Everest is. You just have to wear it a few days and within a week or so it actually takes the identical shape of your own wrist like a glove. When I sit my RB strap down on the table it is curved so I'm wondering what you are doing differently.
maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everest rubber b 124060