The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 May 2022, 05:21 AM   #1
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II Evr, SUB
Got a call from an AD without being on a list

Funny, I was riding my motorcycle (it has bluetooth and communications) and a call came through, I didn't recognize the number and I was traveling around 75 mph so too much wind noise to hear clearly. I answered the call and said I cant hear you and will call you later. The same call came through twice and I just ignored the call. So about an hour later I stopped for lunch and decided to call the number, and it was the AD that recently service my Sub Date 16800, it was the sale advisor that helped me, he had a Sea Dweller (red text) and ask if I was interested, I declined IMHO it looks too much like my Sub except for the red text and I have the JSSC. So I asked inventory must be picking up for a random call, he said they are now receiving 3 times as many watches per month then before (around 15 he said) I take that as a good sign moving forward....
911991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 05:48 AM   #2
1sttimerolex
"TRF" Member

I think so. When I stopped by the ad to get my wife's watch sized, they had 5 dj's that were in the display case that were not display only models.

Also had a bluesy he asked if I wanted which I declined (already have a sub date and bluesy just felt too blingy for me).

But when I did ask about the sub or gmt's he kinda shook his head and said there's still a long list.
1sttimerolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 06:31 AM   #3
Podmornica
Banned

With all the things going on in the World + Russia/Ukraine and some parts of China hardly selling any Rolex + people fed up with the AD BS, the 2016 will soon look like a bad year to get yourself a Rolex!
Podmornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 06:41 AM   #4
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Swap the Sub for the SD?
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 09:11 AM   #5
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
How is your 'relationship'?
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 09:46 AM   #6
seabreeze60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Carl F. Buc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911991 View Post
Funny, I was riding my motorcycle (it has bluetooth and communications) and a call came through, I didn't recognize the number and I was traveling around 75 mph so too much wind noise to hear clearly. I answered the call and said I cant hear you and will call you later. The same call came through twice and I just ignored the call. So about an hour later I stopped for lunch and decided to call the number, and it was the AD that recently service my Sub Date 16800, it was the sale advisor that helped me, he had a Sea Dweller (red text) and ask if I was interested, I declined IMHO it looks too much like my Sub except for the red text and I have the JSSC. So I asked inventory must be picking up for a random call, he said they are now receiving 3 times as many watches per month then before (around 15 he said) I take that as a good sign moving forward....

Good information!
seabreeze60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 08:45 PM   #7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2loaded View Post
Swap the Sub for the SD?
Sub has sentimental value as it is the first Rolex I bought 37 years ago, if not I would consider that
Old 23 May 2022, 08:47 PM   #8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
How is your 'relationship'?
Just had my Sub serviced there, no purchases, but me and the guy had some good conversations so perhaps that was key to him reaching out to me...
Old 23 May 2022, 08:51 PM   #9
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Good info.
Old 23 May 2022, 08:59 PM   #10
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Are you hoping for anything specific?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 09:07 PM   #11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Are you hoping for anything specific?
starting to like the Batman or Rootbeer in SS/PM
Old 23 May 2022, 09:08 PM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911991 View Post
starting to like the Batman or Rootbeer in SS/PM
Good luck, I hope you get the call
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 09:17 PM   #13
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
Off topic slightly, but I’m curious what prompted you to answer the number you didn’t recognize in a place where you knew you wouldn’t be able to hear?

Not a critique at all. Just curious. I simply hit ignore and see if they leave me a voicemail. My dad, on the other hand answers every call, every time, regardless of the circumstance. (Funeral, barbershop, dinner with family etc etc) Very different than me.
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:09 AM   #14
AD337
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7horton View Post
Off topic slightly, but I’m curious what prompted you to answer the number you didn’t recognize in a place where you knew you wouldn’t be able to hear?

Not a critique at all. Just curious. I simply hit ignore and see if they leave me a voicemail. My dad, on the other hand answers every call, every time, regardless of the circumstance. (Funeral, barbershop, dinner with family etc etc) Very different than me.
I’m the same exact way as you are, assuming you’re the opposite to dad lol
AD337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 01:06 AM   #15
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I answer every call, simple as that.
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 01:47 AM   #16
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

How many extended car warranties has be purchased
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 03:20 AM   #17
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Quote:

i answer because what if its an emergency call...or worse the Rolex you have been wanting for the last 5 years....
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote