The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 January 2020, 01:00 AM   #1
Generation
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36 & BB58
Tudor Service Interval and Cost

What is the service interval and cost for a Tudor watch with an in-house movement?
Generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 01:02 AM   #2
timy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation View Post
What is the service interval and cost for a Tudor watch with an in-house movement?
Service when it breaks?

Cost? £400ish now. More in several years
timy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 02:11 AM   #3
golden_time
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58
The price depends on the model, the current service price for a Black Bay or Pelagos is 215.00GBP. An Advisor or Black Shield - 285.00GBP.
Prices do not include case or bracelet refurb, and these are extras at 60.00GBP for case only, or case and bracelet 105.00GBP.

UK service centre is quoting 5 weeks turnaround, but... don't service it until it needs the work. 5 years or thereabouts, I would guess.
golden_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 04:24 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Every 5-10yrs or when it needs it.

A bit less than a comparable Rolex if you go RSC.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2020, 08:57 AM   #5
kimobebe
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV,116234
200GBP for in house movement? I read a few mentions about it in Omega forums, they quote 700 USD for a new Pelagos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_time View Post
The price depends on the model, the current service price for a Black Bay or Pelagos is 215.00GBP. An Advisor or Black Shield - 285.00GBP.
Prices do not include case or bracelet refurb, and these are extras at 60.00GBP for case only, or case and bracelet 105.00GBP.

UK service centre is quoting 5 weeks turnaround, but... don't service it until it needs the work. 5 years or thereabouts, I would guess.
kimobebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2020, 11:06 AM   #6
bremersm
Banned

My fear is that apparently they are swapping movements at time of service with Tudors. Is this true?
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2020, 11:13 AM   #7
steveyrock
"TRF" Member

In other forum I heard they are no longer swapping movements. I suspect they did it when the movement was new
steveyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2020, 06:37 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bremersm View Post
My fear is that apparently they are swapping movements at time of service with Tudors. Is this true?
And what difference would that make if the movement to be serviced is beyond repair and a new movement is the best option.A fully working movement is better than a non working movement surely.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2020, 06:57 PM   #9
goliat
"TRF" Member

I recently took my five-year old Pelagos (MT5612) in to fix a loose rotor ball bearing, expecting they insist on doing a full service as it is already five years in. However, the ball bearing was tightened free of charge and they stated the watch is not in need of a service at all.

So I guess the interval is up to 10 years, but use your discretion - if the watch starts to lose or gain a significant amount of time per day, take it in.

Here in the north, the standard service cost for a Pelagos is around 280 EUR (roughly 320 USD).
goliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2020, 10:18 PM   #10
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Cost through RSC is exactly the same as a like configured Rolex!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 02:27 AM   #11
botsy
"TRF" Member

Just got a quote back from Rolex London for my 2017 Pelagos that needs a new bezel(missing lume!). They have quoted £200 for the service/overhaul and £289 for the bezel/insert plus VAT of course. Rang to say I’m not happy about the bezel cost etc so waiting for a response from them.
botsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 03:36 AM   #12
SAAS
"TRF" Member

No reason to service unless performance becomes an issue. I’ve had recently serviced watches stop working requiring a fresh service and watches I’ve owned a decade function perfectly without problem. If its a dive watch a pressure test is not a bad idea but otherwise enjoy it.
SAAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 08:20 AM   #13
botsy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsy View Post
Just got a quote back from Rolex London for my 2017 Pelagos that needs a new bezel(missing lume!). They have quoted £200 for the service/overhaul and £289 for the bezel/insert plus VAT of course. Rang to say I’m not happy about the bezel cost etc so waiting for a response from them.
An update to this is that Tudor will now replace the bezel/insert FOC even though out of warranty so I decided to let them service it at £240 incl VAT which Is a pretty good price really. They will also do the case and caseback even though some say they do not refinish titanium cases. I didn’t send the bracelet but it’s mint anyway from little use.
Old 11 May 2022, 06:49 PM   #14
botsy
"TRF" Member

Back and looking good. Done and returned to me in a little under 4 weeks. They even included some new spring bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2022, 07:46 PM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Common sense should come into play regarding service of any watch, if worn 24/7 and used in water a lot every 5-8 years. But if used in water perhaps a annual pressure check would be prudent. But if pampered like most watches today then service around 10 years or sooner if timing is well out or any other problem, cost wise budget for around £300.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 07:53 PM   #16
Paka
Banned

Watch: IWC Big Pilot 5002
Just pamper it, put it in a safe and you never have to service it.
Paka is offline   Reply With Quote