The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 September 2021, 11:51 AM   #1
wez004
"TRF" Member

DateJust 126201

Just pulled the trigger on this two tone beauty. This is a replacement for my 2010 two tone DateJust that was stolen 3 years ago. Also taken was my Sub, my Tudor Two Tone Tiger Chronograph and my Vintage Tudor Prince Oyster Date. I was gutted and uninsured! I've replaced the Tudor Tiger with a new Black Bay reverse panda chrono, I've just got to replace the Sub next but the price LOL, it will happen I'm determined to get my collection back to where I want it. The photo does not do justice to the watch. The slate sunburst dial is a grey to black depending on the light. It's a very conservative datejust and is my dress watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg datejust.jpg (155.2 KB, 188 views)
wez004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 12:06 PM   #2
yankeeromeo
2024 Pledge Member

Enjoy it!
yankeeromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2021, 08:29 AM   #3
LuVitt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wez004 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on this two tone beauty. This is a replacement for my 2010 two tone DateJust that was stolen 3 years ago. Also taken was my Sub, my Tudor Two Tone Tiger Chronograph and my Vintage Tudor Prince Oyster Date. I was gutted and uninsured! I've replaced the Tudor Tiger with a new Black Bay reverse panda chrono, I've just got to replace the Sub next but the price LOL, it will happen I'm determined to get my collection back to where I want it. The photo does not do justice to the watch. The slate sunburst dial is a grey to black depending on the light. It's a very conservative datejust and is my dress watch.
how did they all get stolen? What's the story on that one?!
LuVitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 10:49 AM   #4
Dietzster
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them, lol.
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Store: JTJ Watches
FB: JTJ Watches
IG: @jtjwatches
Dietzster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:24 AM   #5
wez004
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuVitt View Post
how did they all get stolen? What's the story on that one?!
Well, it's a rather embarrassing story and the theft was down to my own stupidity. I met this attractive young woman in my local pub who took an interest in me. I was warned off of her as she was from gypsy heritage and she had a repuation of being a handful. I like a girl with a wild streak and I started dating her. I had a few warning signs which I didn't pay attention to. On one occasion I took her to a posh Italian restaurant and while I was paying the bill unbeknown to me she stole the salt and pepper from two tables on the way out. In the car on the way back, she presents me with a souvenir of the salt and pepper. To be honest I was half livid and half of me thinking it was a giggle. The next morning I get a phone call from the police saying the restaurant wants the salt and pepper back, they had my number from the reservation. I only had my salt and pepper, I had to drive to the restaurant and do the walk of shame and hand over my share of the goods and pay them £ 30.00 for her half. Another person told me she was suspected of stealing a tabet computer from a party.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, she stayed the night and when I awoke she was gone along with a watch box containing my Rolex Sub Date 2016, Rolex 36 Datejust two tone 2010, Tudor Prince Oyster Date 1969, Tudor two tone Tiger Chrono, I loved the watch and my Fathers gold 32m watch which I can't remember the manufacturer. Obviously, I called the police but they're useless. She has two neanderthal brothers who are savages from what I can gather so I have to put it down to experience. INSURE your shit is the moral of this story.

I've replaced the Tudor with the reverse panda Chrono and I'm loving it.

Do I replace the Rolex Sub. Given the price on the used market I just don't feel the watch is a Ten grand piece and I'm thinking about the Black Bay 58 in Blue but would I be happy with it? After three years I'm now in a position to throw some money at something. There's so much more to buy with 10 or 11 k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tudor.jpg (234.8 KB, 139 views)
wez004 is offline   Reply With Quote