The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 October 2021, 06:34 AM   #1
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
And one more thing...

Mods, if there is a way to do this, and I am missing it, call me a Dorklehead and please show me what to do. I am asking about removing infraction points from my CP. If the points are current then they probably should be there, but I have a notice of infraction points from 2011! My Psychiatrist says seeing those old notices is affecting my recovery.
Old 26 October 2021, 07:18 AM   #2
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Mods, if there is a way to do this, and I am missing it, call me a Dorklehead and please show me what to do. I am asking about removing infraction points from my CP. If the points are current then they probably should be there, but I have a notice of infraction points from 2011! My Psychiatrist says seeing those old notices is affecting my recovery.

You’re one Tumi post away from a lifetime ban!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 October 2021, 07:36 AM   #3
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 26 October 2021, 10:16 AM   #4
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Ah. That's what we mods like to call the naughty and nice page!
It's a tell all book..

I don't believe that one is removable. However tell your Pysiciatrist to stop bringing up all the bad, and focus on the positives!! Also to lower the per hour rate, as the sessions don't seem to be working!
Again, just joking..

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 26 October 2021, 10:21 AM   #5
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I think you outed yourself there, Paul.

We can’t see that on our end - only the user himself sees that info.

Was it Article 133; vinyl damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 26 October 2021, 10:24 AM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I can’t imagine Paul incurring any infraction points.
Old 26 October 2021, 10:49 AM   #7
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
I agree with brian, I don’t see you posting things that would incur points.

Having points is not fun though. It has really slowed my posts and interaction in the forum down as I don’t want to offend anyone and get the door without intention.

When you incurred your points you should have received a pm from which ever mod with the reasoning behind the points.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
Old 26 October 2021, 11:49 AM   #8
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post

Having points is not fun though. It has really slowed my posts and interaction in the forum down as I don’t want to offend anyone and get the door without intention.

When you incurred your points you should have received a pm from which ever mod with the reasoning behind the points.

If you are posting with decorum, not insulting people, or intently breaking basic forum rules, you would have nothing to worry about at all... If contrary to that, expect something different. All infractions are discretionary, to each Mod.

Yes, Paul would have received notice of infractions, detailing a reason for such action.
We don't hand them out without reason Goat. The intention is not to stifle the interaction, it's to make it more comfortable for everyone.
Please don't let one bad interaction tarnish your experience. If that were true, I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning..

Enjoy the boards.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 29 October 2021, 10:42 AM   #9
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I can’t imagine Paul incurring any infraction points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post

Thank you very much for the kind words But, trust me, and I have the points to prove it, I have committed infractions. Now, I don’t exactly AGREE with them, (at least not all) but I definitely have them.
Old 29 October 2021, 10:49 AM   #10
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
If you are posting with decorum, not insulting people, or intently breaking basic forum rules, you would have nothing to worry about at all... If contrary to that, expect something different. All infractions are discretionary, to each Mod.

Yes, Paul would have received notice of infractions, detailing a reason for such action.
We don't hand them out without reason Goat. The intention is not to stifle the interaction, it's to make it more comfortable for everyone.
Please don't let one bad interaction tarnish your experience. If that were true, I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning..

Enjoy the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Thank you very much for the kind words But, trust me, and I have the points to prove it, I have committed infractions. Now, I don’t exactly AGREE with them, (at least not all) but I definitely have them.

Dang. You got lucky if you’ve got points and multiple infractions. I got 6 points for 1 infraction. Figure two and I will be booted.

Sleddog, yeah I try to post with decorum, integrity and respect people as much as possible. Not to push excuses but I’m not the great kind of man that can walk away from an argument without a rebuttal. Even if it turns personal. Therefore, I’ve toned down where I post and what I post about as not to offend any other members.

Old 1 February 2022, 04:15 PM   #11
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post

God knows I've told him numerous times, but Paul doesn't listen.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 2 February 2022, 02:05 AM   #12
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post

Enjoy the boards.
Rob, love ya, and I know there’s always individual subjective considerations and assessments, and everyone has a bad day, but this ain’t universal.

Consistency and Predictability is the foundation of welcoming and growing forums, and a rules and regs review is long overdue imop and to many other’s.

There just seems to be a lot of enforcement inconsistencies, lack of communication and corrective advisements, and taking a quick peek at one of the many legacy and more recent R&Rs shows we can do more — and it’s all easy adjustments if there’s a will to do them.

That’s all I’ll say about the matter, and thanks for continuing to help manage the forum for us and Steve.
Old 2 February 2022, 09:54 PM   #13
Lol-x
Facilitator

Infractions expire and do not affect your participation. However, there is no automatic deletion of the record. The record is there for prosperity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca
There just seems to be a lot of enforcement inconsistencies
Generalised statements made against moderators and/or moderation will be viewed as antagonistic conduct towards moderation authority. Its a cheap shot to disparage moderators.

Naturally moderators exercise discretion and do a fantastic and by and large act leniently, otherwise you would have been banned long ago. I have to say that this cheap shot puts you right on the edge. Your statements are not even relevant to the issue raised in the original post.

There are millions of posts and the amount of moderation involvement would be less than 0.001%.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Closed Thread