The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 10 March 2022, 01:44 PM   #1
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

No More Discounts?

Visited a local AD that carries Omega tonight. Tried on a SS 300M 210.32.42.20.01.001

Was thinking about pulling the trigger and tried to get a discount but was completely denied anything. Not even an extra strap was offered. I’m not familiar with the world of Omega and this would of been my first Omega purchase.

Are Omega going the way of Rolex or should I find another AD to work with?

Thanks in advance
vinny84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 01:51 PM   #2
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
You can try another AD but (depending on the model you're after and market you're in) I don't like your chances of getting anything more than 5%-7%

Given the way the world is now, a discount on anything even remotely popular doesn't seem likely
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 02:43 PM   #3
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Visited a local AD that carries Omega tonight. Tried on a SS 300M 210.32.42.20.01.001

Was thinking about pulling the trigger and tried to get a discount but was completely denied anything. Not even an extra strap was offered. I’m not familiar with the world of Omega and this would of been my first Omega purchase.

Are Omega going the way of Rolex or should I find another AD to work with?

Thanks in advance
Find another AD for a discount or call up your closest Omega boutique for an extra strap.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 02:48 PM   #4
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
It's hard to say in the crazy times we are experiencing if you can find a discount or not. Omega used to give pretty good discounts but I thought I recently read that they were stopping the practice in February.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 08:02 PM   #5
watchmaker
TechXpert

It's good to see quality brands moving away from discounting
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 09:50 PM   #6
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Depending on the model and how popular it is you can receive no discount or a significant one. Look at our Trusted Sellers and see if they have the watch you want. Call them up, negotiate, pay and have the watch by lunch tomorrow. It is too easy.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 11:33 PM   #7
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I will PM some trusted sellers on here and call another AD and see what they say.
Old 10 March 2022, 11:38 PM   #8
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
Couldn’t agree more. Discounting cheapens the brand.

My local Omega AD offered me a 13% discount on the Speedy 3861 (both versions) in December. Sadly it didn’t sing to me.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 12:02 AM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Agreed. No discounts is a very good thing
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 12:34 AM   #10
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Same here. They said they won’t discount any Omega moving forward. And I have a long history with this AD.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 01:56 AM   #11
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
This may be something new. The last Omegas I purchased with discounts was in December of last year. Can't comment on this year's situation yet.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 02:09 AM   #12
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sure. Yet they continue(d) to provide grey dealers with watches. Seamasters 300 were 1-2k less at a grey than at an Omega store. They are at fault.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 03:18 AM   #13
Vipes
"TRF" Member

I tried a local Omega AD and was told no discount for a Speedy. I wouldn't be surprise if ADs stop discounting.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 03:23 AM   #14
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
It was only a matter of time…..
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 05:21 AM   #15
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
I got my AT from a B&M grey and got 23% discount. At that time, I contacted a couple B&M greys, and they couldn't locate one. That was last November. God luck.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 05:24 AM   #16
JodyHighroller
Banned

I think folks are forgetting that the last price increase on omega’s was the wholesale cost, but not increasing retail price for the end user. Makes the ADs less likely to discount, or, if they do not as significant as before. I wouldn’t expect much discounts on references that have a strong following.

The deprecation problem isn’t addressed though given Omega pumps out so many variations and updates models frequently.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 05:35 AM   #17
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

recently made a purchase of a Seamaster at an AD by mail that I have purchased many watches from. He told me that this was the last discount he could do and any future purchases would be at MSRP. Retail is the new normal. The good news is that for most models you can at least purchase one when you want one!
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 05:44 AM   #18
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Agreed. No discounts is a very good thing
I agree too. Of course I’m not complaining about the hugely discounted grey price I got on my Speedy Hesalite 4 years ago, but I think manufacturers need to set their retail prices at what they should sell for. I’m kind of over haggling over the price of a new watch.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 07:41 AM   #19
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
2 months ago I got about 12% at my AD on a Speedmaster Professional hesalite
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 09:03 AM   #20
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Check with some of the dealers who cater to our community, such as Radcliffe and Topper.

Otherwise, this recent change in market conditions is a huge help to the value of my Speedmaster Pro and Aqua Terra, both purchased from an AD in early 2015 at 30% off! I'll never sell either, though...

AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 09:39 AM   #21
liberalclown
"TRF" Member

You should be able to get 10-20% based on your location given the watch is selling on 4k mark in joma. There is no shortage of SMPs, especially blue and black ones and don't fall for the no discount trap, these watches are slow moving compared to Rolex and some Omegas so if your current AD is not giving you any discount, shop elsewhere, make some calls to some large ADs who are selling online as well.

I will only except no discount for any watch brand if the secondary is above msrp, all else should be purchased with discount regardless of brand or quality.
liberalclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 09:52 AM   #22
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
if they aren't willing to provide discounts, the Greys will, so we'll see just how long they are willing to hold out
SubMillennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 01:36 PM   #23
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberalclown View Post
You should be able to get 10-20% based on your location given the watch is selling on 4k mark in joma. There is no shortage of SMPs, especially blue and black ones and don't fall for the no discount trap, these watches are slow moving compared to Rolex and some Omegas so if your current AD is not giving you any discount, shop elsewhere, make some calls to some large ADs who are selling online as well.

I will only except no discount for any watch brand if the secondary is above msrp, all else should be purchased with discount regardless of brand or quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMillennial View Post
if they aren't willing to provide discounts, the Greys will, so we'll see just how long they are willing to hold out
These are the thoughts I have. They literally had more than one SMPs in the display cases. 2 SS and 3 TT if I recall correctly and that was just with the rubber straps, I'm pretty sure I saw a couple with bracelets. Other Omega ADs are probably similarly stocked, meaning there's no shortage and plenty of watches to go around.

If it were the opposite, then I would gladly pay sticker and be done with it. I'll call around more ADs in the next few days here and if I don't get any bites then I will just wait till I see something pop up with one of the trusted sellers on here
Old 12 March 2022, 05:43 AM   #24
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

Just a quick update. I called a second AD that I’m willing to travel out of state to. No discount and wouldn’t even ship it to me to save on tax. Sounds like Omega really clamped down on discounts. I might buy from Joma as long as it comes with box and papers
Old 12 March 2022, 07:31 AM   #25
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Just a quick update. I called a second AD that I’m willing to travel out of state to. No discount and wouldn’t even ship it to me to save on tax. Sounds like Omega really clamped down on discounts. I might buy from Joma as long as it comes with box and papers
The probability of a valid Omega warranty card from Jomashop is nearly zero. Also, if dealers won't discount new Omega watches, I would be very concerned about how any "new" Omega made it into Jomashop's inventory. Returns? Blems? Who knows?

All of these gyrations to save $500 on a $5k watch? Doesn't seem worth the risk to me.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 08:17 AM   #26
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Warranty card from Joma is highly doubtful
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 09:20 AM   #27
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
Warranty card from Joma is highly doubtful

True, no Omega warrantee card from Joma. I just got my AT from them because the two greys that I've dealt with before could not locate one. Only Joma had the model I wanted in stock and at a discount. That was last November. They do give you a four year warrantee, hopefully I won't have any issues. So far, so good.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 09:51 AM   #28
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
I've purchased several Omegas from Jomashop. I've had zero issue with box/papers, just no warranty card, but they clearly state it comes with in house warranty.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 10:41 AM   #29
jayfairb
"TRF" Member

Picked up the white dial seamaster 300m this week and the AD offered a 10% discount without me even asking ��*♂️
jayfairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 10:27 PM   #30
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks again for everyone who chimed in! A lot of you brought up good points by going with Joma and so I will not be going that route. Instead I'm in contact with one of the trusted sellers on here that's going to help me get one that's new and not too far off from what pre-owned are going for.