The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 April 2022, 03:39 AM   #1
Isochronous
"TRF" Member

Breitling USA repair discription of my watch.

Has anyone sent their Breitling to Breitling USA for repair and what was your experience?

I sent my
CHRONO-MATIC 49
Reference A1436002/Q556
Bracelet
Reference 24MM AERO146A
To Breitling USA for a complete service, $690 plus tax and shipping.
This is what said about my watch.

"Condition of the watch upon receipt
Bracelet Scratched, Bracelet Worn, Crystal Scratched, Crystal Antiglare Scratched, Bezel Scratched, Bezel Dented, Case Scratched, Case Dented, Crown Gasket Worn, Crown Scratched, Pushers Scratched, Movement Dirty"

The watch had normal scratches from normal use, nothing that could be seen at arms length. The only optional service they recommended was replacing the crystal for $490 plus tax. The scratch on the crystal can be seen from no farther away than six inches so I declined replacing it.

What bothers me about the description of my watch are the alleged dents and "worn" bracelet. The bezel on my watch is rubber. How can rubber be dented? I only wore the bracelet for a few weeks, then changed it to a leather strap. The bracelet has zero stretch. What else do they mean by "bracelet worn"?

After I paid in advance they gave me an estimate of two months for the servicing.
Isochronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 04:47 AM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

That's about the standard description that everyone posts when they send their watch to BUSA. They're going to call out everything so when you get the watch back, you can't claim they did any of the damage.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 05:27 AM   #3
Isochronous
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
That's about the standard description that everyone posts when they send their watch to BUSA. They're going to call out everything so when you get the watch back, you can't claim they did any of the damage.
That's what I thought. The dent in the rubber bezel made it obvious they have a standard list.

I accept the cost and the time but they better do an expert watchmaker job on my watch.
Isochronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 09:45 AM   #4
JBoone
"TRF" Member

490 for a crystal? That seems high but I don’t have much experience outside of two non breighrlings that have gone to service (A tag and a Rolex) The overall service sounds reasonable but are you saying the crystal is an additional $490? Is this in line with other brands?

My Rolex DJ41 crystal was somewhere just over $100 I believe. Defiantly under $200
JBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 10:31 PM   #5
RolexUwe
"TRF" Member

Don't forget these are AR-coated top and bottom, one of the top-rated crystals in the business. That's a reasonable price for what you get.
RolexUwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 10:36 PM   #6
RolexUwe
"TRF" Member

Meant to add - I have also encountered the "defect" descriptions after my watches were submitted to Breitling, and it had me scratching my head. When I got my watches back they were perfect and I was unable to discern the defects they had pointed out. I chalked it up to their OCD identification at a microscopic level. Been enjoying the watches since then, with top performance as expected.
RolexUwe is offline   Reply With Quote