The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 9 May 2022, 06:26 PM   #31
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Any news on this one from the people who ordered one online? I saw a picture last week from someone in Japan who received theirs already. I'll try to find it again.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 01:27 AM   #32
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Any news on this one from the people who ordered one online? I saw a picture last week from someone in Japan who received theirs already. I'll try to find it again.
I know you asked about online orders, but I ordered directly from the Grand Seiko boutique and was told June.
FrugalGreubel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 02:59 AM   #33
ink3027
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've seen pictures from one customer in Japan who has his, but I haven't been ale to find any others. I spoke with my AD about it last week and all they've heard is June for deliveries. That doesn't answer your question about online orders but it's all I know, ha, sorry about that.
ink3027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 03:28 AM   #34
Blunt Instrument
"TRF" Member

Ha, I've seen the photos, too. It sounds like he bought it in person. It's a bit strange that only one person seems to have one -- I wonder if it was sold early, perhaps by accident. I'm not sure, though.
Blunt Instrument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 09:54 PM   #35
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
I know you asked about online orders, but I ordered directly from the Grand Seiko boutique and was told June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink3027 View Post
I've seen pictures from one customer in Japan who has his, but I haven't been ale to find any others. I spoke with my AD about it last week and all they've heard is June for deliveries. That doesn't answer your question about online orders but it's all I know, ha, sorry about that.
Thank you for this information, it's even better. I only assumed people who ordered online already received more information if they are locked in to get one and possible delivery date.
Old 12 May 2022, 11:26 AM   #36
victarro
"TRF" Member

Really cool, but too small for my taste…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
victarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 03:11 AM   #37
Jetstream513
"TRF" Member

Just got offered one with 5% off from the same AD that offered me 15% off from my previous GS. Sees like GS has started control their price a bit tighter.
Jetstream513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 03:17 AM   #38
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream513 View Post
Just got offered one with 5% off from the same AD that offered me 15% off from my previous GS. Sees like GS has started control their price a bit tighter.
Discount on a limited piece?
Old 25 May 2022, 03:19 AM   #39
Jetstream513
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Discount on a limited piece?
Yes sir. The 15% off was a SLGA007
Jetstream513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 09:04 AM   #40
JAEP
"TRF" Member

Available at Hodinkee. I snatched one this morning and can’t wait to put it on my wrist!
JAEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 08:31 AM   #41
JAEP
"TRF" Member

Got the watch delivered from HODINKEE this morning and I am super stoked! This is my first GS and I am afraid this will not be the last. The reflection on the hands and indices is out of this world. I had seen many photos of GS watches but when I saw the watch in person this morning, I finally understood the finish people rave about the GS watches. I was floored.
I drove 90min to an AD in Maryland and got the bracelet sized perfectly. To be honest, the watch body is still wrapped with a protection film, lol.

This was my first purchase from HODINKEE and I was equally floored by what I received from them.

Presentation - There were two boxes in “a custom shipping box”. The first beautiful box contained a free leather watch case with the watch inside. A GS watch box was nested under a honeycomb separation shelf. I was floored by this thoughtful presentation and in fact, opening the box was a more exciting experience than what I had received at the stores in the past. HODINKEE is stepping up to change online watch shopping!

Gifts - the aforementioned watch case and two free leather straps!

I am already drooling over another GS watch. Maybe one of those in the photo below. I will buy it from HODINKEE again. Big shout out!
Old 16 July 2022, 10:52 AM   #42
ink3027
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAEP View Post
Got the watch delivered from HODINKEE this morning and I am super stoked! This is my first GS and I am afraid this will not be the last. The reflection on the hands and indices is out of this world. I had seen many photos of GS watches but when I saw the watch in person this morning, I finally understood the finish people rave about the GS watches. I was floored.
I drove 90min to an AD in Maryland and got the bracelet sized perfectly. To be honest, the watch body is still wrapped with a protection film, lol.

This was my first purchase from HODINKEE and I was equally floored by what I received from them.

Presentation - There were two boxes in “a custom shipping box”. The first beautiful box contained a free leather watch case with the watch inside. A GS watch box was nested under a honeycomb separation shelf. I was floored by this thoughtful presentation and in fact, opening the box was a more exciting experience than what I had received at the stores in the past. HODINKEE is stepping up to change online watch shopping!

Gifts - the aforementioned watch case and two free leather straps!

I am already drooling over another GS watch. Maybe one of those in the photo below. I will buy it from HODINKEE again. Big shout out!
Huge congrats It looks great on you. What made you want to take the plunge on this reference in particular as your first GS?

I've had it about a month now and really love it. The size and weight is just wonderful, it wears beautifully and comfortably on the wrist.
Old 16 July 2022, 09:49 PM   #43
JAEP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink3027 View Post
Huge congrats It looks great on you. What made you want to take the plunge on this reference in particular as your first GS?

I've had it about a month now and really love it. The size and weight is just wonderful, it wears beautifully and comfortably on the wrist.
Thanks buddy! I chose this reference based mainly on four factors.
44GS case (unique to GS)
Diameter (my sweet spot)
WR 100m (easy care)
Dial (I love sakura and its season)

Having seen SBGW283 and SBGW279 in person, one of them might be my next GS.

I will be in Tokyo in Oct this year and will visit Wako for sure. The exchange rate is very attractive as of now, so who knows what happens then, lol
Old 16 July 2022, 09:59 PM   #44
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 07:17 AM   #45
ink3027
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAEP View Post
Thanks buddy! I chose this reference based mainly on four factors.
44GS case (unique to GS)
Diameter (my sweet spot)
WR 100m (easy care)
Dial (I love sakura and its season)

Having seen SBGW283 and SBGW279 in person, one of them might be my next GS.

I will be in Tokyo in Oct this year and will visit Wako for sure. The exchange rate is very attractive as of now, so who knows what happens then, lol
Great factors, I love all of those things as well

Let us know if you pick up another GS. Be careful, they're addictive, ha.