The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 2022, 09:00 AM   #61
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtguy View Post
Dsw a white dial Daytona for 44k??
a 2016 card.... Wouldn't really say a drop
Old 20 May 2022, 09:29 AM   #62
iaymnu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II/GMT2c
Dropping is great news. Once my kid is out of boarding school I can gift myself one for job well done paying for his school….
Old 20 May 2022, 10:05 AM   #63
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
For those who argue that it's not dropping or dropping only due to age, DSW is not the only game in town. He's an overpriced game in town. Plenty below $44k including 1yr old NOS.
https://www.ocwatchguy.com/watch/search?query=daytona
Old 20 May 2022, 10:21 AM   #64
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post
For those who argue that it's not dropping or dropping only due to age, DSW is not the only game in town. He's an overpriced game in town. Plenty below $44k including 1yr old NOS.
Patrick is a great guy. They take excellent sales photos.
Old 20 May 2022, 10:37 AM   #65
herefortheattachment
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjaffe View Post
They also aren’t selling, so he’s just sitting on inventory for months.
This. Some of his prices are just silly, I see errors in their listings these days, too

Was really disappointed interacting with DSW after so much hype. His staff was slow to respond to emails, and inattentive in their replies. Ended up making my purchase elsewhere. Found and bought the OMEGA I wanted BNIB with warranty card below DSW’s asking price for a very used (described as “Excellent”) example with no papers.
Old 20 May 2022, 10:42 AM   #66
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I just want to make a comment about the Daytona.

I bought mine new in 2006 from an AD. It cost me $6900. It was the best watch bargain ever. Over the years, I have loved it, taken it for granted, and even forgotten about it. As it stands today, it wears very well for my wrist and I have no problem telling time with it.

As an enthusiast, I have been following the market closely and I would happily add another one. I just think they’re great and every time I see one in the flesh, they really stand out and have such a great presence. The ceramic bezel pops to my eyes whereas my steel bezel is more subdued and toned down but elegant.

With respect to the market, there seems to be a lot of variability. But overall, I see prices trending down. I also don’t see anything with respect to the economy in general or what’s being marked as sold in ads here and elsewhere to indicate this trend is going to end. Great time to hold and enjoy. Bad time to sell, but do it now if you have to. For me, I am a buyer, but I am waiting for things to settle a bit before I buy.
Old 20 May 2022, 10:52 AM   #67
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
With respect to the market, there seems to be a lot of variability. But overall, I see prices trending down. I also don’t see anything with respect to the economy in general or what’s being marked as sold in ads here and elsewhere to indicate this trend is going to end. Great time to hold and enjoy. Bad time to sell, but do it now if you have to. For me, I am a buyer, but I am waiting for things to settle a bit before I buy.
+1

I am also waiting for the trend of ADs to expect large history of unwanted crap to stop.
Old 20 May 2022, 11:05 AM   #68
calebb90
Banned

Daytona dropping

I advise you not to drop a Daytona. Could leave a dent.
Old 20 May 2022, 11:18 AM   #69
Ensign
"TRF" Member

$44,000, and it’s second hand. You can get a new panda from OCWatchguy for $42,850. Or just wait awhile and get it cheaper.
Old 20 May 2022, 11:22 AM   #70
pjaffe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefortheattachment View Post
This. Some of his prices are just silly, I see errors in their listings these days, too

Was really disappointed interacting with DSW after so much hype. His staff was slow to respond to emails, and inattentive in their replies. Ended up making my purchase elsewhere. Found and bought the OMEGA I wanted BNIB with warranty card below DSW’s asking price for a very used (described as “Excellent”) example with no papers.
He just posted a BLRO for $30k, seems totally disconnected from the reality of the current market.
Old 20 May 2022, 11:22 AM   #71
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Somewhere the world’s tiniest violin is playing an ode to the impending financial issues of the gray dealers that have ruined the watch collecting hobby over the last several years. No tears will be shed for them.
Old 20 May 2022, 11:31 AM   #72
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaymnu View Post
Dropping is great news. Once my kid is out of boarding school I can gift myself one for job well done paying for his school….
Yeah I still have 6 years left of school support (I sure hope the kids appreciate it... ha ha!)
Old 20 May 2022, 11:34 AM   #73
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Canadian dollars. I posted a picture of one of these a few months back that sold for $75,000.
Old 20 May 2022, 01:13 PM   #74
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Personally would not buy a Daytona even at retail price,got to be the most over hyped Rolex watch ever.
That’s the first I’ve heard you mention this. You NEVER seem to pass on any opp to re-affirm your dislike about the Daytona. Probably just mad you never got offered one. Hmmm....
Old 20 May 2022, 01:14 PM   #75
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post
Most expensive ever along with the lowest trade values to boot
Old 20 May 2022, 01:19 PM   #76
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
That’s the first I’ve heard you mention this. You NEVER seem to pass on any opp to re-affirm your dislike about the Daytona. Probably just mad you never got offered one. Hmmm....
He actually owns one.... just not the one we are all talking about
Old 20 May 2022, 01:58 PM   #77
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefortheattachment View Post
Was really disappointed interacting with DSW after so much hype.
Agree… it seemed more like dealing with a pawn shop than a luxury watch dealer, even if second hand. And that’s coming from a buying side, not selling.
Old 20 May 2022, 03:55 PM   #78
eijiboy
Banned

Daytona dropping

Never bet against daytona this time. Naked but great condition.
Still no takers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 May 2022, 04:00 PM   #79
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

prices have definitely lowered significantly. this is probably the lowest it's gonna go. best time for prospective buyers to make the move before they go up again by the end of the year. =)
Old 20 May 2022, 04:11 PM   #80
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
One thing I do know is Nostradamus is alive and well.
Old 20 May 2022, 04:16 PM   #81
lear60man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeeunitx View Post
prices have definitely lowered significantly. this is probably the lowest it's gonna go. best time for prospective buyers to make the move before they go up again by the end of the year. =)
Please list the economic indicators that are trending up so I can put my money there. What is happening at the end of the year that will prod people to buy more luxury products? Not being snarky as I would love to gain more knowledge from others who have it.
Old 20 May 2022, 05:46 PM   #82
MSL997
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 & 116520s
Quote:
Originally Posted by J to the Z View Post
I scrape the prices from his site almost daily and I have seen some downward moves in certain references in those model lines:

Unworn 116515LN (chocolate dial) was $75,875 on 3/25, then cut to $59,875 on 5/17

Unworn 116519LN (silver dial) was $63,875 on 3/31, then cut to $59,875 on 5/6

Unworn 116509 (blue dial) was $79,875 on 3/2, then cut to $69,475 on 4/1

Unworn 126710BLRO (oyster bracelet) was $34,875 on 4/20, then cut to $29,875 on 5/3

Unworn 126711CHNR was $33,575 on 3/7, then cut to $30,875 on 4/7

Unworn 124060 was $16,975 on 4/22, then cut to $16,175 on 4/29

Unworn 126610LN was $19,875 on 3/7, then cut to $19,675 on 4/12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and please always post data like this, its always great "getting behind the numbers"
Old 20 May 2022, 05:50 PM   #83
MSL997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowalkway View Post
You’ve got to be the most miserable and predictable person on this forum
He has to get his post count past 50K somehow
Old 20 May 2022, 06:03 PM   #84
MSL997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
I just want to make a comment about the Daytona.

I bought mine new in 2006 from an AD. It cost me $6900. It was the best watch bargain ever. Over the years, I have loved it, taken it for granted, and even forgotten about it. As it stands today, it wears very well for my wrist and I have no problem telling time with it.

As an enthusiast, I have been following the market closely and I would happily add another one. I just think they’re great and every time I see one in the flesh, they really stand out and have such a great presence. The ceramic bezel pops to my eyes whereas my steel bezel is more subdued and toned down but elegant.

Great post
Old 20 May 2022, 06:05 PM   #85
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
Please list the economic indicators that are trending up so I can put my money there. What is happening at the end of the year that will prod people to buy more luxury products? Not being snarky as I would love to gain more knowledge from others who have it.
it is true all markets are taking a hit right now due to inflation, potential recession, etc. one additional thing to note is that the watch market is always slow during the spring and pick back up during the summer. when the war ends and china opens up again, prices will climb again. hence, i said it should go back up by the end of the year. =)
Old 20 May 2022, 06:06 PM   #86
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Fact I had one of the first Zenith powered Daytona on loan for me to try, but returned it.Now when the in-house Daytona was introduced in 2000 myself much preferred the Zenith dial layout.But will say this the in-house cal 4130 I would rate in the top 5 of all chronograph movements made to date,but still not the watch I would buy and wear.The SS Daytona has always been hard to get at retail, back in 2000 you could buy a TT Daytona for almost what the SS was selling for,and once the hype around the so called cellebs started wearing them.Then over the years Daytona fever really took off,now very hyped and now become little more than a £££$$€€ object watch sold to the highest bidder.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 20 May 2022, 06:39 PM   #87
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Padi has been around since birth of TRF. I joined a few years later. Nothing wrong with a senior member providing his or her perspectives on the matter. With strong confidence, I can say that majority of us owned a lot of these models. We just might not show off and boast about it.
Old 20 May 2022, 08:08 PM   #88
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Daytonas

Quote:
Fact I had one of the first Zenith powered Daytona on loan for me to try, but returned it.Now when the in-house Daytona was introduced in 2000 myself much preferred the Zenith dial layout.But will say this the in-house cal 4130 I would rate in the top 5 of all chronograph movements made to date,but still not the watch I would buy and wear.The SS Daytona has always been hard to get at retail, back in 2000 you could buy a TT Daytona for almost what the SS was selling for,and once the hype around the so called cellebs started wearing them.Then over the years Daytona fever really took off,now very hyped and now become little more than a £££$$€€ object watch sold to the highest bidder.
Were easy to get a little before 2000, 1999, easy with discount.

I have never liked them however if I had the connection with yours I would love them.

And that is what it is about.
Old 20 May 2022, 08:16 PM   #89
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo118 View Post
He actually owns one.... just not the one we are all talking about
And it’s the grail that people can only dream about…. In good condition as well.
Old 20 May 2022, 08:40 PM   #90
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
I wouldn’t bother with the education Peter … some of these guys are just trolling you
Closed Thread