The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 May 2022, 01:01 PM   #31
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR123 View Post
I have no issue waiting…I passed on a black dial Daytona early on to wait a year for the “Panda”! That said, I lack a proper dress watch for a suit and tie. The DD40 will fill that gap, and the WG with the green dial will certainly do the job. I can always trade it in next year if Rolex comes out with a better dial for the WG, such as a slate or rhodium dial with Roman numerals!
realistically i don't see rolex bringing in anything more interesting than the olive or meteorite dial on the wg model. worst case they even discontinue the olive. if you really like it there's no point in waiting to see what else can come especially if you can get it at retail
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 01:12 PM   #32
PJR123
"TRF" Member

The blue is very nice, but a bit dark / too much contrast for my taste. I like the dial to contrast the case and bracelet, but not to the extreme of a dark blue or black, with the exception of a professional sport watch like the Sub or the Batman GMT.
PJR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 05:04 PM   #33
cryptowalkway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
How is this of any help to anyone? Isn't that what we're on the forums for - to talk watches and seek / provide our thoughts and opinions? Padi, I get that you've been around forever and some view you as holy but it gets pretty tiring to see you post the same negativity throughout all the threads when questions arise.

Back to the question at hand - in my opinion, for WG I'd go blue. It's a striking combination and gorgeous in person. 2nd choice would be olive.
I’ve been saying the same thing for ages. No one seems to agree (publicly that is) It’s extremely tiresome to hear the same reply over and over
cryptowalkway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 05:29 PM   #34
Tanalasta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How is this of any help to anyone? Isn't that what we're on the forums for - to talk watches and seek / provide our thoughts and opinions? Padi, I get that you've been around forever and some view you as holy but it gets pretty tiring to see you post the same negativity throughout all the threads when questions arise.

Back to the question at hand - in my opinion, for WG I'd go blue. It's a striking combination and gorgeous in person. 2nd choice would be olive.

I love the white enamel. However, the olive dial has understandably been very popular.

If I had to pick, the platinum ice blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tanalasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 10:43 PM   #35
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Why are they holding the blue on rg back from us

Olive and blue are amazing, I miss them both
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 11:40 PM   #36
moshets
"TRF" Member

I also buy only what I like or what my eye like to see regardless of future value. I buy this watches because I like them for myself, to please me. I also work hard for my money just like everyone, but I am not a watch dealer or in other words I don’t buy a watch to make money on. I think the problem sometimes is when we like two dial colors or two watches almost the same and need to choose only one of them, then we try to get opinion of other people maybe to help us decide. I would say just take the time and look at both of them until you favor one slightly over the other. They are all beautiful.
moshets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 01:33 AM   #37
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
TBH you can't go wrong with any of them. I like the white dial DD the most. Olive is close 2nd.
Old 24 May 2022, 02:29 AM   #38
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
WG + Blue dial IMHO but look at them all. One or two will sing to you. Then get your hands on them to see in person what you really like. Good Luck!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 02:53 AM   #39
1sttimerolex
"TRF" Member

Maybe it's being a lifelong fan of GBP, but I've always found green+yellow gold to be the best combo.

I used to think the 36mm yellow gold green dial with the stick markers was the best looking dd I've ever seen, but they just had to go away and discontinue that. Now rolex came out with the same watch except with diamond markers and I just don't find that to be that appealing. I also don't find the olive green all that nice either.
1sttimerolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 03:48 AM   #40
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Agree

Can't see the point in jumping all over the OP. It was just a simple request for opinions on two watches he has yet to see in person.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote