The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 April 2022, 04:18 PM   #121
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJohnFL View Post
The bubble is slowly deflating
Don’t expect much of a deflation
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 04:22 PM   #122
cryptowalkway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets View Post
It’s like Bitcoin. The only reason it has value is because people agree that it does. As long as Rolex tightens supply this is how it will be.

If you’re asking me I’d say Rolex is exactly where they want to be. No more discounts. No more dust collecting watches in showcases. PM pieces are moving like they never have. They even changed the warranty cards so a person can’t see the store it was bought or even the country. Now when it’s bought second hand another persons name is no longer in it. Demand is meteoric. So yeah if it is a bubble it’s made of see-through iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You clearly know nothing about Bitcoin
cryptowalkway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 04:26 PM   #123
cryptowalkway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post
Rolex makes roughly 1 million watches and we don't know how big the demand is. 4 million? 20 million? Obviously the demand shrinks as price goes up. The number of people in the market for a 40K Daytona, for example, is a lot less than a $14K Daytona.

I spoke to a Rolex representative during the last Watches and Wonders last week. She has been at Rolex for nearly a decade. And I've known her since the last Baselworld, in 2019.

Of course after the presentation, I asked her about the supply situation. She gave me the standard line that it is not a Rolex strategy to reduce supply...

What the public would like to know, I politely responded, is whether there is a light at the end of the tunnel; that maybe not this year, but the next, we'll have some pieces at ADs; that we'll be back to semi-normal and crazy prices on the grey will subside. In short, is Rolex catching up to the demand... a bit?

She said -- and she repeated several times during our conversation -- that the demand is enormous ("la demande est énorme"), and they have physical limitations: She said that Switzerland is not a huge country like the US, and therefore it is challenging to even find room to expand, to build a new manufacture. Rolex doesn't want to manufacture their watches outside of Switzerland, in neighboring countries like France or Germany; it wants to remain a Swiss company. Still, it doesn't have room to grow. Then she said something profound: "I don't think supply will ever catch up to demand."

Now, I'm just a guy on a forum, and I can totally be making that up. I won't be publishing this on Jake's Rolex World because I felt she was giving me a personal opinion, not a on-the-record statement.

So at best, a price correction. A bubble, no. Definitely not. Current price stagnation are not representative: March is always slow. Taxes are due, there is no holiday, people save their cash for new releases and are still recovering from Christmas. It'll start picking up in the summer again.
People still recovering from Christmas in March? I hope to god those people aren’t even aware of Rolex let alone buying them. Craziness if so
cryptowalkway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 04:40 PM   #124
desertwanderer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaitan View Post

That looks like the employees car park they are building on. looking at the site its probably the only spare land they could construct anything on but a good chunk of that will have to be retained as car parking even if they build up.
Old 8 April 2022, 11:47 PM   #125
Shaitan
"TRF" Member

Talk about a bubble - how does Chronext get away with these silly prices? They’re supposedly one of the biggest sellers but at these prices who would buy from them?

Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2022, 12:37 AM   #126
DK7
"TRF" Member

ww demand is bigger than ever and next 10 years it will be even bigger.
correction perhaps but crash dont think so.
DK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2022, 04:01 AM   #127
boricuajr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please
I believe a small correction, not a bubble burst,
yes, it's hard to say, but you have to think of ALL the money recently printed which makes up almost half in circulation. It very well is the new norm, so much new money entering the space, with people getting money from these social media sites and courses and crypto etc. everyone knows Rolex is the leader despite other big brands on the same level or above. but most new people will always go to Rolex first. besides there's plenty of us willing to buy at AD or slightly above from secondary
boricuajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 07:33 AM   #128
Ronin64
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Omega SMP
No bubble, secondary prices won't go down, and MSRP will go up every year. Just keep trying to get what you want at the AD, wait, pray, get lucky or pay secondary.
Ronin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 08:17 AM   #129
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

OP
On another thread a big grey dealer in Florida has stopped buying watches.
He claims 50 calls per day from people who want to flip watches they have and flip watches that people don’t have yet but will be picking up at the AD in a day or two. He claims the latter part is big (flipping when the watch not in hand yet).
So what is the point: Keep your head up, don’t succumb to crazy grey prices, and your AD will call you in the near future.
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 09:18 AM   #130
rdragon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
OP
On another thread a big grey dealer in Florida has stopped buying watches.
He claims 50 calls per day from people who want to flip watches they have and flip watches that people don’t have yet but will be picking up at the AD in a day or two. He claims the latter part is big (flipping when the watch not in hand yet).
So what is the point: Keep your head up, don’t succumb to crazy grey prices, and your AD will call you in the near future.
Which thread is this?
rdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 09:18 AM   #131
Db7566
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaitan View Post

Bought this yday and offered to trade in my Batman which I hate. Was offered £19k for my 2021 Oyster. I call that very fair

Hate seems like a strong word when you just bought a different variant of the same watch.

Old 25 April 2022, 12:11 PM   #132
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Pop