The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 August 2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp 216570 Polar
Icon5 GMT IIc 116710 bracelet model number?

Hey guys, quick question:

If I whip the bracelet off a GMT IIc (116710) what bracelet model number should I expect to see engraved on the back of the SEL's?

Cant find anything out there on this!

Thanks as always!
Magic-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2013, 07:41 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Matt View Post
Hey guys, quick question:

If I whip the bracelet off a GMT IIc (116710) what bracelet model number should I expect to see engraved on the back of the SEL's?

Cant find anything out there on this!

Thanks as always!
Not sure of the bracelet ref number now but reference is now is on the Sel as in picture below its no longer visible unless bracelet is removed.Myself cannot see any point in taking a bracelet off unless you have bought watch from a unreliable source to check or to change bracelet to a strap etc.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Myself cannot see any point in taking a bracelet off unless you have bought watch from a unreliable source to check or to change bracelet to a strap etc.
Well, its just an added precaution really to ensure the bracelet is genuine, matches the watch date of manufacture etc, as its a watch I will be viewing from a private seller
Old 14 August 2013, 08:33 PM   #4
gmtm2
"TRF" Member

78200!!!
Old 14 August 2013, 08:37 PM   #5
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtm2 View Post
78200!!!
Awesome, just the job - thanks a lot!
Old 14 August 2013, 08:46 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Well, its just an added precaution really to ensure the bracelet is genuine, matches the watch date of manufacture etc, as its a watch I will be viewing from a private seller
You cannot get a exact date of manufacturer for any Rolex watch all you can get is a approx year when the case or clasp was stamped.So its possible by any Internet chart the case approx year stamp could be different from the clasp stamp.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 14 August 2013, 09:01 PM   #7
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You cannot get a exact date of manufacturer for any Rolex watch all you can get is a approx year when the case or clasp was stamped.So its possible by any Internet chart the case approx year stamp could be different from the clasp stamp.
Yes, thanks, thats very true. Its in fact an 09/2011 on the dealer card stamp, so I guess its going to be a random serial by then. At least now with the bracelet model number from the previous poster it gives something extra to work with when evaluating the watch.

Aside from that I usually check winding/setting/date change is correct, then pop the back off and check the movement is good/correct/genuine, check the LEC at 6 o'clock, match serial on chapter ring and case with dealer card, and then afore mentioned bracelet check wherever codes/numbers are available.

Then I check the booklets match country of origin, and that the lume is correct on markers/hands etc for the watch era (using a UV light).

If I still have any doubt I call the AD where the watch came from to verify.

Anyway, hopefully all will be good, will keep everyone posted!

Thanks again to the posters so far!
Old 14 August 2013, 09:24 PM   #8
globalmedia33
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtm2 View Post
78200!!!
x2
“I THINK PERFECTION IS UGLY. SOMEWHERE IN THE THINGS HUMANS MAKE, I WANT TO SEE SCARS, FAILURE, DISORDER AND DISTORTION" - YOHJI YAMAMOTO
globalmedia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2013, 09:48 PM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Yes, thanks, thats very true. Its in fact an 09/2011 on the dealer card stamp, so I guess its going to be a random serial by then. At least now with the bracelet model number from the previous poster it gives something extra to work with when evaluating the watch.

Aside from that I usually check winding/setting/date change is correct, then pop the back off and check the movement is good/correct/genuine, check the LEC at 6 o'clock, match serial on chapter ring and case with dealer card, and then afore mentioned bracelet check wherever codes/numbers are available.

Then I check the booklets match country of origin, and that the lume is correct on markers/hands etc for the watch era (using a UV light).

If I still have any doubt I call the AD where the watch came from to verify.

Anyway, hopefully all will be good, will keep everyone posted!

Thanks again to the posters so far!
It could be a Gxxxxxx serial as both random and G have been running in the same time frame as the random latter part of 2010 till present time.And will add there have been a few reports on new watches bought new from ADs with no LEC in the crystal serial is the most important.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 14 August 2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And will add there have been a few reports on new watches bought new from ADs with no LEC in the crystal serial is the most important.
Glad you pointed that one out, probably would have been enough to make me walk not having known! Thanks!
Old 26 April 2022, 11:27 AM   #11
ROLEX*
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
What is the correct bracelet code for Rolex 116710 and 116713?