The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 April 2022, 11:06 PM   #1
Drolex1
"TRF" Member

Dealers are stocked up.

I will not try to make prices prediction because i simply do not know and there is no point of guessing , the only thing i can point to is the secondary market, dealers/flippers are well stocked up , any type is available multiple times .
The numbers of Rolex watches that are presented on Chrono24 are going up every day in the last 2 months.
Time will tell but i would have been careful in paying high premium on book prices.
Drolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 11:09 PM   #2
Politiceaux
"TRF" Member

Agreed
Politiceaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 11:19 PM   #3
sgteb202
"TRF" Member

Well I really hope so…New to all of this and I’d really like to have my first purchase be retail from an AD…Was starting to kick around the idea of going aftermarket but just going to try and hold out a bit…
sgteb202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 11:41 PM   #4
Chris
"TRF" Member

Yep its official he's done a full audit of all suppliers you can get a Rolex!!��
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 11:43 PM   #5
rmwill
2024 Pledge Member

Great first post :(
Rolex Explorer II 226570 Polar
Omega Moonwatch Sapphire Sandwich
Panerai PAM00111

2 Factor Authentication
rmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 11:43 PM   #6
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

tfti
Old 16 April 2022, 11:44 PM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Welcome to the forum
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:18 AM   #8
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you

That’s exactly what someone else said 3 years ago…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
BumbleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:31 AM   #9
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
The current Rolex watch market dynamic is driven by many factors which I think will continue. Clearly, buyers of sports models and DayDates should be very happy at the moment. While nothing goes straight up, many folks prefer Rolex watches over cash at the moment. The same holds true for real estate and artwork.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:32 AM   #10
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

welcome to TRF

i guess you're trying afford/buy a grey market Rolex?
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:35 AM   #11
Time Out
Banned

I agree with the OP's sentiment.

Wayy too many speculators and flippers have entered the Rolex market and you know what that means.... First sign of trouble and there will be a rush to the exits. Its human nature and we have seen it so many times in the past.

Meanwhile, Rolex will continue pumping out 1 million + watches a year no matter what is going on in the market.
Time Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:36 AM   #12
Anton911
Banned

Watch: Daytona,hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolex1 View Post
I will not try to make prices prediction because i simply do not know and there is no point of guessing , the only thing i can point to is the secondary market, dealers/flippers are well stocked up , any type is available multiple times .
The numbers of Rolex watches that are presented on Chrono24 are going up every day in the last 2 months.
Time will tell but i would have been careful in paying high premium on book prices.
I love dreaming too.
Anton911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:39 AM   #13
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
The gray market has always been stocked up and the "scarcity" was always fabricated via a pinched supply.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:48 AM   #14
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Cryptic first post :/
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:48 AM   #15
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

Anytime something sells way over MSRP on the second hand market, you will not be able to keep that item in stock.

You used to lose 20% on a gold Rolex once you walked out the store, and when that was the case, you could easily buy one at the AD.

Until grey prices fall below AD prices, those upside down models will not be in stock.

So we really need 10,000 threads on this????
HideMyWalletPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 01:19 AM   #16
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Guess what? Just because a seller lists a watch for sale does not mean that the seller actually has the watch. All the seller needs to do is to get you to agree to a price and then go and buy the watch for less than you will be paying through their own sources.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 01:22 AM   #17
PSG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea dweller 43 ann
Hope you don't mind me jumping in as a newbie folks.

My ad had said they were considerably increasing production in 2022.
Now in rolex terms that might be a small percent as changes for a historic watch company don't come drastically I imagine.

I had looked in a local reasonable grey market place yesterday - we also have one that's a cowboy operation - and they were, very well stocked. But prices don't seem to be slowing.

I was surprised that the yacht master ii in steel is up from a consistent 17.5k gbp, to 20 large.
PSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 01:30 AM   #18
Time Out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideMyWalletPlease View Post
You used to lose 20% on a gold Rolex once you walked out the store, and when that was the case, you could easily buy one at the AD.
I long for this day.
Time Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 01:31 AM   #19
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Well today to some Rolex watches are no longer watches bought to be worn and enjoyed now thought of by many today as little more than ££$$€€ objects and little more.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 02:33 AM   #20
VegasBaby
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the update…..
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:12 PM   #21
Jojomojo
Banned

Prices are softening by the day & I know a few of them are struggling to get rid of inventory at current market value.
Previously these guys maybe have 1-2 of hot ss sports, they're now carrying more from different years & consignments. Also look at the vintage models are being offered like no tomorrow, especially the black subs.

There's a tsunami of supply out there, just not from your AD. Anybody with half a brain can figure it out what happens when prices stop going up.
Jojomojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:25 PM   #22
Ensign
"TRF" Member

Grey prices are ridiculously high and they seem to have multiples of everything. The situation encourages us to work with an AD and show a little patience.

And then there’s the fact that lots of ordinary buyers (non investors) are sitting on full watch boxes.
Ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 05:26 AM   #23
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
It’s seasonal. I expect to see a rise in prices after the summer all the way to the end of the year. Now is actually a good time to buy. Make an offer to a grey dealer. Chances are he will take it.
Old 18 April 2022, 05:49 AM   #24
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoOne View Post
Guess what? Just because a seller lists a watch for sale does not mean that the seller actually has the watch. All the seller needs to do is to get you to agree to a price and then go and buy the watch for less than you will be paying through their own sources.

This, this right here.
This needs to be repeated in every thread about the grey market.
WilsdorfNDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 06:36 AM   #25
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Dealers are stocked up.

There are so many ghost watches on C24. You have no idea… I’ve contacted dealers many times and they say (it’ll be here in a week or 2). They are sourcing and sharing inventory.

I bought a 26420 last week. Dealer took it down and reloaded the same pics at a higher price the next day.

Don’t get your hopes up. We are 12 months (at best) away from an increase in output of new Rolex once factory 5 is online and producing.

I look for more of the same. Maybe a pause. But not a sustained trend down.

But…

You know what they say about opinions…
Old 18 April 2022, 06:56 AM   #26
slamdunc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2021 Explorer
I absolutely hate it that I had to turn to the 'grey market' in order to find a new Explorer. My first two Rolex watches (Oyster Perpetual and a Date Just) came from Authorized Dealers and when I started shopping for the Explorer about a year ago, I was dumbfounded (kinda po'ed) when I found out how the markets actually worked.
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 07:45 AM   #27
cryptowalkway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well today to some Rolex watches are no longer watches bought to be worn and enjoyed now thought of by many today as little more than ££$$€€ objects and little more.
I have a record. And it’s broken
cryptowalkway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 07:51 AM   #28
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowalkway View Post
I have a record. And it’s broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 12:44 AM   #29
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojomojo View Post
Prices are softening by the day & I know a few of them are struggling to get rid of inventory at current market value.
Previously these guys maybe have 1-2 of hot ss sports, they're now carrying more from different years & consignments. Also look at the vintage models are being offered like no tomorrow, especially the black subs.

There's a tsunami of supply out there, just not from your AD. Anybody with half a brain can figure it out what happens when prices stop going up.
Let’s assume that the sellers actually possess the watches that they list (most of them do NOT), you could also assume that they incpvested in stocking up because they predict that prices will continue to hold, or even increase. It is an investment by a professional ( not all of them are professionals, many are just flooding into the new hype)

That assumption has been proven correct every year over the last few years. I wouldn’t bet on prices going down. Buy the watch that you want.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 12:50 AM   #30
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Well today Rolex watches are now little more than £$$€€ objects sold to highest bidder,or silly nickname Mickey Mouse watches.Once they were a prestigious brand bought to be owned and worn for decades but to many today just £€$ objects.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote