The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 September 2022, 01:34 PM   #91
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
If you want perfection a Rolex is not for you.

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 02:39 PM   #92
AD337
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
This!

Agreed - but if you’re bored enough read through the thread.. this isn’t at all what’s going on here.. The bracelet has a legitimate issue. This isn’t about “perfection”
AD337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 03:46 PM   #93
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD337 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes guys yes I’m really hopeful to get the bracelet section replaced .. I LOVE the watch otherwise

Wrist shot! So by the way, when on wrist turn bracelet issue is a lot less noticeable majority of the time. However, this absolutely does not make it “OK” .. unfortunately I can’t really enjoy the watch until this is resolved …. As much as I LOVE this thing, I can’t help but think about the bracelet the whole time I’m wearing it

As said FINGERS CROSSED for the Rolex REP to really do his part for me and step in and make this bracelet replacement situation happen !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a beauty
omar-rye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 04:36 PM   #94
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes guys yes I’m really hopeful to get the bracelet section replaced .. I LOVE the watch otherwise

Wrist shot! So by the way, when on wrist turn bracelet issue is a lot less noticeable majority of the time. However, this absolutely does not make it “OK” .. unfortunately I can’t really enjoy the watch until this is resolved …. As much as I LOVE this thing, I can’t help but think about the bracelet the whole time I’m wearing it

As said FINGERS CROSSED for the Rolex REP to really do his part for me and step in and make this bracelet replacement situation happen !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow! what a stunning stunning watch! hope your AD can solve the issues very soon.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 10:34 AM   #95
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
A couple of strange issues with brand new platinum daydate

Quote:
Agreed - but if you’re bored enough read through the thread.. this isn’t at all what’s going on here.. The bracelet has a legitimate issue. This isn’t about “perfection”

Read through it and think you are a little OCD about the watch. As said by others if you are that concerned contact your AD to see what they have to say

Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 04:20 PM   #96
Thehedgehoncho
"TRF" Member

Bracelet looks completely normal. It has a little wiggle room. I have two dd 40s and they both have a little wiggle room. The bracelet has to be able to move with your wrist. As far as the crown, try cleaning it with a soft brush and some wrist clean or meyers soap, my YG daydate had gunk on the bezel and it came right off with water and soap.
Thehedgehoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 06:50 PM   #97
George58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Aquanaut
what ever it is if you pick pick looking for something wrong you will find something wrong nothing is perfect made by man
George58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 07:30 PM   #98
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Read through it and think you are a little OCD about the watch. As said by others if you are that concerned contact your AD to see what they have to say

If you had read the thread you'd have realized OP was back to the AD already.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 09:11 PM   #99
AD337
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’m guilty, for sure, of being nitpicky in an OCD way. I wont disagree - but this bracelet issue is actually a problem. Majority of people in the thread have seen the issue and we’ve all nailed down that the 12:00 permanent links section of the platinum president bracelet needs to be replaced. Problem immediately solved as long as that happens. I have since been back to the AD, manager has sent email to our local LIASON/REP and more or less we’ll just go from there. I will most definitely keep you all posted, and hopefully with good news! If I do get good news, and get this resolved, I’ll post before and after pictures and I think anyone who thought it wasn’t a problem will immediately see the issue after a good before/after pic.

See post 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehedgehoncho View Post
Bracelet looks completely normal. It has a little wiggle room. I have two dd 40s and they both have a little wiggle room. The bracelet has to be able to move with your wrist. As far as the crown, try cleaning it with a soft brush and some wrist clean or meyers soap, my YG daydate had gunk on the bezel and it came right off with water and soap.
oh yes the normal play and wiggle room is one thing.. I agree and am aware.. I have yellow gold DD40 myself, and the bracelet is perfectly correct on it.. Matter of fact, that’s how I knew something wasn’t right with the platinum one so quickly.

See post 38 for a different photo example

Quote:
Originally Posted by George58 View Post
what ever it is if you pick pick looking for something wrong you will find something wrong nothing is perfect made by man
Totally agree.. I don’t go looking for problems in watches. If you do that with Rolex you’ll find dust on dials, misaligned texts.. misaligned markers.. bezels.. etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
If you had read the thread you'd have realized OP was back to the AD already.
fskywalker I admit I had a quick lol at this
AD337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2022, 04:59 AM   #100
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

So has there been any resolution to this?
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 08:13 AM   #101
giskard
"TRF" Member

I’m curious too.
giskard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 12:28 PM   #102
JDS Real Estate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know - I’ve been through all that - I’m aware they aren’t perfect are mass produced etc etc .. I’ve been collecting many years and have a strong collection.. all brand new from AD and half of them have QC issues, some of them several on each

But this is just really more of a thread to see if any experts out there may immediately be able to point out that the bracelet is having this issue because ________ (I know there are ceramic coated pins, perhaps there’s an issue with that first link after the end links ceramic pin) .. clearly something is wrong here and just trying to see if anyone can help me figure out why and what to do about it . If we took 10 daydates right now all brand new and had a look at all of them it’s safe to say the other 9 wouldn’t have this issue —so to me at least that’s a problem ..

I have a gold daydate and it doesn’t have this issue, not at all what so ever .. but again maybe it’s more common on platinum President bracelets since they’re so insanely heavy?

As for the crown I’m absolutely stumped on that
There has to be an element of “give” in the bracelet otherwise it wouldn’t fit the contours of the wrist and it would be uncomfortable as hell.
I don’t think there is anything wrong with the way it looks, and you likely can’t see anything wrong with the way it feels.
As far as the crown goes, 100% needs replacement.
Be reasonable where reasonableness is needed
JDS Real Estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2022, 12:55 AM   #103
darkb1ue
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS Real Estate View Post
There has to be an element of “give” in the bracelet otherwise it wouldn’t fit the contours of the wrist and it would be uncomfortable as hell.
I totally agree, but not that much when new, also it should wiggle symmetrically. If you see the previous posts including pictures of the bracelet it's very obvious that it only bends to one side but not the other.

I can accept poor quality in a $100 Seiko but I would definitely ask for perfection when I spend upwards of 70k for a watch, even for the cheapest Rolex in the line bad workmanship or lack of QC is not acceptable. Actually I wonder how this particular watch even left the factory without anyone noticing some visible issues, such as the crown.
darkb1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2022, 01:46 AM   #104
AbeFroman
Banned

Any updates OP?
AbeFroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 12:39 AM   #105
buddenfan
Banned

OP vanished without a trace. Curious if his issue got resolved since I am in a similar pickle with my bracelet
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote