The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 September 2022, 06:18 PM   #1
Efinell
"TRF" Member

Superocean Heritage

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering your opinion on this superocean I was offered. It looks decently legitimate. The only part that worries me is the off center date. Coming from vintage rolexs I feel like that’s a red flag… I compared it to multiple other watches that I could find and it looks good even down to the lume but I’m just skeptical.

Thank you!

Eric
Efinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2022, 03:32 AM   #2
Efinell
"TRF" Member

Here are the photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A09B689E-4F7D-44A1-90EB-20A88D3B0F63.jpeg (69.5 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpeg A0859D2D-5B29-4F7D-8198-15F4C142CA13.jpeg (82.1 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpeg 5E60FBB5-52A5-4A67-A337-3CB213FDF03E.jpeg (138.6 KB, 230 views)
Efinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 06:07 AM   #3
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
hello, SOHs were faked extremely well- I would only consider buying it if it was from a bricks and mortar store, or a well established reseller that would have already checked it over.
The non centered date would have me looking for another example certainly.
Old 5 October 2022, 08:21 PM   #4
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I had a Superocean Heritage 44 Chrono with the green bezel. Bought from an AD in 2016. There may have been a number of variants down the years, but based on my sample of one, yours is different. Mine had a red second hand and "1884" on the dial under "Breitling".

Obviously, it's on an after market strap and the date should be centred, but I assume you got it for a low price. A couple of other things which may or may not be of interest: There is no quick set date function. You have to wind it forwards and back over a four hour sweep to advance the date. Mine was on a rubber strap. I later bought the OEM mesh bracelet but could not get on with it. It was uncomfortable, pinched my skin and pulled hairs out.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 05:27 PM   #5
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
I had a Superocean Heritage 44 Chrono with the green bezel. Bought from an AD in 2016. There may have been a number of variants down the years, but based on my sample of one, yours is different. Mine had a red second hand and "1884" on the dial under "Breitling".

Obviously, it's on an after market strap and the date should be centred, but I assume you got it for a low price. A couple of other things which may or may not be of interest: There is no quick set date function. You have to wind it forwards and back over a four hour sweep to advance the date. Mine was on a rubber strap. I later bought the OEM mesh bracelet but could not get on with it. It was uncomfortable, pinched my skin and pulled hairs out.
That is interesting- the fake versions I've seen of the one shown above did have a quickset date, probably using copies of 2824's...then again that might have been the 46mm version...long time ago....