The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 September 2022, 03:02 PM   #31
anx21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Yes I should further clarify that the reason I am considering making a move is because my SA has gone cold on me at SCP (despite numerous follow ups) and not in an effort to shop multiple stores. The only reason I went to SCP to begin with was because the BH boutique was under construction and not open. Hoping there is an SA at the BH store that I really click with.
Sorry to hear about your experience at SCP... visited them over the weekend and Patrick (the Hawaiian guy) was the nicest SA I've ever encountered across any brand, had a great conversation with him. No idea if that translates favorably to allocations, but I'd consider working with him if my BH SA doesn't pull through
anx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 03:27 PM   #32
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anx21 View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience at SCP... visited them over the weekend and Patrick (the Hawaiian guy) was the nicest SA I've ever encountered across any brand, had a great conversation with him. No idea if that translates favorably to allocations, but I'd consider working with him if my BH SA doesn't pull through
I was emailing with a Patrick (he was a technical advisor) months ago to set up my initial appointment. However I was assigned to someone else and never got to meet him. I’m getting so much conflicting info about SCP. people are telling me they cleared house bc of bribes but it seems like many of the SAs are still there.
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 12:35 AM   #33
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
Most of the SA’s from SCP recently got fired for taking bribes, including the manager.

This is funny. I called this out in March this year and got roasted by many on this forum and got accused of putting out baseless accusations. Reality is I had a friend who was working there as an SA and had told me why he was leaving.

I agree with others here, Patrick at SCP is great. I spent about an hour chatting with him getting a link added and he is a true watch enthusiast himself.

I still use my BT in Vegas though. My SA and the BT Manager has been nothing but fantastic and transparent.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...3#post12026913
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE / AP 26574st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26331.or/ AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:53 AM   #34
gibsonles
"TRF" Member

The SCP story is so disappointing to hear. Especially for a new corporate-owned boutique to be so quickly corrupted is a shame, and I feel bad for the honest staff members who weren’t in on the funny business.
gibsonles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 04:03 AM   #35
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14790ba
Quote:
Do you have any codes/offshores on your wishlist or just Royal Oaks?
I want to put a code on my wishlist, but i have never seen one IRL and refuse to blind buy something. My SA an i agreed offshores are too big for me- im a skinny guy and they're pushing it size wise. He said codes might be pushing it as well hence me wanting to try one on/see one irl.

If ap wants to sell codes, a brand new collection, get them in stores?
Old 1 October 2022, 04:36 AM   #36
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaier View Post
I want to put a code on my wishlist, but i have never seen one IRL and refuse to blind buy something. My SA an i agreed offshores are too big for me- im a skinny guy and they're pushing it size wise. He said codes might be pushing it as well hence me wanting to try one on/see one irl.

I don’t think they need to push them on people anymore people buy them as their 1st Ap and honestly I’d buy the WG ceramic one with the chrono kinda nice

Re wrist size I have an 8inch wrist size wouldn’t say the code wears small - just go to a grey dealer and try them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 04:57 AM   #37
anx21
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'd encourage you to try on a 43mm offshore. The slight curvature and slimmer profile make them fit better than you'd expect. I'm also quite skinny (under 6 foot, under 150 pounds, 6.5 inch wrist) and the taupe offshore fit great (on the last hole in the strap) when I tried it on at the boutique over the weekend. Both SCP and BH had it as a display piece available to try on.
anx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 04:47 PM   #38
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

What is scp / bt / sa?
smallcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 05:27 PM   #39
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcollector View Post
What is scp / bt / sa?
South Coast Plaza / Boutique / Sales Associate
ButtButt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 07:10 PM   #40
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Flippers like to perpetuate a difficult AD buying experience.
This is a great boutique.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 11:31 PM   #41
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'd encourage you to try on a 43mm offshore. The slight curvature and slimmer profile make them fit better than you'd expect. I'm also quite skinny (under 6 foot, under 150 pounds, 6.5 inch wrist) and the taupe offshore fit great (on the last hole in the strap) when I tried it on at the boutique over the weekend. Both SCP and BH had it as a display piece available to try on.

Same thing happened to me. The 43mm ROO was surprisingly a great fit on my smaller wrists.

wirru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 12:06 AM   #42
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirru View Post
Same thing happened to me. The 43mm ROO was surprisingly a great fit on my smaller wrists.

Agree as well. I think the 43 actually fits better than even the old 42. and a HUGE difference from the old 44.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 02:52 AM   #43
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirru View Post

More power to you and of course beauty is subjective but I have seen so many ridiculous looking wrist shots on IG with super small wrist trying to pull off ROOs and even concepts or RMs it just doesn’t look good.

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 02:55 PM   #44
Atmwireless
"TRF" Member

Haven’t heard from the ap store yet to set up an appointment. Does it take longer then a week?
Atmwireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 12:27 AM   #45
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmwireless View Post
Haven’t heard from the ap store yet to set up an appointment. Does it take longer then a week?
no, you should hear back via email within a day or two. Call them or email them
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 01:47 AM   #46
noobs
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your 6
Quote:
He said codes might be pushing it as well hence me wanting to try one on/see one irl.
I was willing to purchase a code chrono without trying one first, but luckily I did not, because they wear large. I have a < 6.5in wrist, the lungs are not touching and extend beyond it.
The model I tried was beautiful thought

apologies for the crappy photos...
Attached Images
File Type: png PXL_20220902_052426341 Small.png (129.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: png PXL_20220902_052430998 Small.png (131.5 KB, 126 views)
noobs is offline   Reply With Quote