The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 September 2022, 09:56 PM   #1
Champagnepapi
"TRF" Member

Rolex AD confessions

More of a rant than anything else.
Around the area of where I live there’s only 1 AD which is located in one of the malls. Up until 2017 I bought a few Rolex’s overseas. Back in 2018 when the BLRO was released I visited that AD in my country and bought my girl a little DJ they had supposedly got my name on the famous “list”.
I came back after a few weeks to say hello and chat and another SA in that store told me my name was never put on that list. I was disappointed and left and haven’t returned there for a while even though I love the brand. Then In 2019 Covid happened and everything was shut for a long time… Since then I developed good relationships with guys from the PP and AP boutiques and purchased pieces from them. I left the Rolex AD alone as I felt they are unfriendly and unprofessional.

Skip forward to 2022, today I decided to drive up to the mall and do a few errands. Walked by that AD and the door was locked, as they were busy with clients. I decided to see if anything changed and waved hello to the SA, and they signed that I should return a little later as they are busy. So I go ahead and finish with my errands and return after approximately 30 minutes. Some of the clients that were inside left but the door of the store was still locked. There was another couple that arrived after me and were also waiting to catch someone’s attention inside the store. At last the SA comes and unlocks the door- lets the couple in and then turns to me and asks in a rude manner “What do you want?” I simply replied I’d like to come in to say hello and to see what is available as I saw there are some watches displayed for sale. I asked why he let the couple in before me even though I was waiting in line before them (this store doesn’t have an option to book appointments) and he just blabbed something and said the store is full now and I can’t enter and I should wait. I said ok thank you. Then I stood there quietly as he closed the door and locked it again.

Ultimately, His unfriendly borderline rude attitude ruined it all for me. I decided to go and left with a very bad taste and feeling. I’ll just point out that the level of hospitality and staff at AP and PP boutiques are on another level. I’m just disappointed at the way that Rolex AD conduct their business. No basic manners whatsoever.

Sorry for the rant. I just felt I needed to get it out.

Have a safe and blessed weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Champagnepapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 10:00 PM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
That’s sounds like a poor experience indeed. Nothing to add other than take your business elsewhere, which sounds like what you’ve done.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 10:19 PM   #3
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
If you were not done before with this AD then this should do it. Move on and find another AD should you want to look at some Rolex watches.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 10:31 PM   #4
ibzk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
That's horrible, I'm sorry for that encounter. I've had good and bad encounters at Rolex AD's but nothing compares to this one.
ibzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 10:35 PM   #5
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
"What do you want?"

LOL, are you sure that you were in the UK and not in the US?

Some answers that come to mind are:

I'm here to see your momma.
I've come to buy a watch, moron.
Can I use your bathroom?
Hey man, spare change?
I heard that the biggest a-hole in retail worked here, and I wanted to meet him.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 11:28 PM   #6
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
"What do you want?"

Can I use your bathroom?
Hey man, spare change?
I heard that the biggest a-hole in retail worked here, and I wanted to meet him.

amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 11:38 PM   #7
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Well, Rolex is moving ADs out of the malls to stand alone businesses, so this group may be gone anyway if they cannot relocate.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 11:47 PM   #8
Angryinch
"TRF" Member

Roast them on google where it counts.
Angryinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 11:49 PM   #9
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

He let the couple in because they seemed to have been in line in front of you.

I have been to many many shops that sell Rolex. Some haven’t been super friendly, but all have been professional and none have been overtly rude like is described on numerous threads.

The behavior described in many of these threads would get most people fired at a shop that sells luxury goods.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 11:57 PM   #10
gg_monogram
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagnepapi View Post
More of a rant than anything else.
Around the area of where I live there’s only 1 AD which is located in one of the malls. Up until 2017 I bought a few Rolex’s overseas. Back in 2018 when the BLRO was released I visited that AD in my country and bought my girl a little DJ they had supposedly got my name on the famous “list”.
I came back after a few weeks to say hello and chat and another SA in that store told me my name was never put on that list. I was disappointed and left and haven’t returned there for a while even though I love the brand. Then In 2019 Covid happened and everything was shut for a long time… Since then I developed good relationships with guys from the PP and AP boutiques and purchased pieces from them. I left the Rolex AD alone as I felt they are unfriendly and unprofessional.

Skip forward to 2022, today I decided to drive up to the mall and do a few errands. Walked by that AD and the door was locked, as they were busy with clients. I decided to see if anything changed and waved hello to the SA, and they signed that I should return a little later as they are busy. So I go ahead and finish with my errands and return after approximately 30 minutes. Some of the clients that were inside left but the door of the store was still locked. There was another couple that arrived after me and were also waiting to catch someone’s attention inside the store. At last the SA comes and unlocks the door- lets the couple in and then turns to me and asks in a rude manner “What do you want?” I simply replied I’d like to come in to say hello and to see what is available as I saw there are some watches displayed for sale. I asked why he let the couple in before me even though I was waiting in line before them (this store doesn’t have an option to book appointments) and he just blabbed something and said the store is full now and I can’t enter and I should wait. I said ok thank you. Then I stood there quietly as he closed the door and locked it again.

Ultimately, His unfriendly borderline rude attitude ruined it all for me. I decided to go and left with a very bad taste and feeling. I’ll just point out that the level of hospitality and staff at AP and PP boutiques are on another level. I’m just disappointed at the way that Rolex AD conduct their business. No basic manners whatsoever.

Sorry for the rant. I just felt I needed to get it out.

Have a safe and blessed weekend.

Don't they know you are Drake? lololololol jkjk
gg_monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 11:58 PM   #11
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
You didn’t pass the first customer qualification screen.

Q: What do you want?

A: Smith. The name is Smith. I’m a purchaser for one of the region’s largest grey market dealers.

Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 12:04 AM   #12
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Where was this?
Old 1 October 2022, 12:19 AM   #13
Pop Art Suzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust
That sounds awful. I would have left immediately. I'm very picky where I shop because I worked high end retail for many years, so I know that kind of attitude wouldn't fly. Glad you left.
Pop Art Suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 12:59 AM   #14
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Thats what happens when you don't control distribution of your product. Rolex should absolutely send all these ADs packing.
Old 1 October 2022, 01:16 AM   #15
cjhurni
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126000-0005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryinch View Post
Quickest way to see a response honestly
cjhurni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:23 AM   #16
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhurni View Post
Quickest way to see a response honestly

People on here rarely name the shop. Complaining to management or on Yelp or google would certainly be more effective than posting here. But then you don’t get the validation of everyone piling on Rolex…
Old 1 October 2022, 01:23 AM   #17
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryinch View Post
Absolutely this.

OP - who is the AD?
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:26 AM   #18
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
"What do you want?"

Can I use your bathroom?
Hey man, spare change?

LOL!!

Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:31 AM   #19
Baiv
Banned

Watch: SubLV
That is really awful
Baiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:36 AM   #20
Forty6nTwo
"TRF" Member

Awful, do your part, put this in a google review!
Forty6nTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:45 AM   #21
joa
"TRF" Member

to be honest i think it was not just the SA who had not their greatest day.

for example, why complain about the other couple, absolutely not a convincing move

but good to hear that it works well with AP and PP, most people can only dream of that
Old 1 October 2022, 01:46 AM   #22
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
People on here rarely name the shop. Complaining to management or on Yelp or google would certainly be more effective than posting here. But then you don’t get the validation of everyone piling on Rolex…
This. I have always been treated nicely at random Rolex dealers I’ve stepped into. My Boutique back home still limits the amount of customers in the store, if I want in I just come back a little later.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:48 AM   #23
koronet-kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: deep-sea Comex
It’s sad but this is how the brand is represented in many ADs it’s a pity you aren’t a mystery shopper for Rolex, I have been greeted in a similar fashion in a lot of ADs sad fact they have more customers than they need so they don’t red to offer any level of courtesy or respect anymore
koronet-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:58 AM   #24
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Sounds so rude of the SA and bad AD. Rilwx is incomparable to AP and PP. Good for u.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 02:10 AM   #25
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joa View Post
for example, why complain about the other couple, absolutely not a convincing move
Yeah. I don’t understand why he was upset about the couple being let in before him. They were in line in front of him. And ADs all over the place are limiting the number of people in stores due to COVID and to decrease risk of threat.

I find most of these “i got awful service threads” are based in some degree of entitlement.
Old 1 October 2022, 04:11 AM   #26
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Ya that’s lame
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 04:19 AM   #27
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagnepapi View Post
There was another couple that arrived after me and were also waiting to catch someone’s attention inside the store. At last the SA comes and unlocks the door- lets the couple in and then turns to me and asks in a rude manner
Did this couple not say something like "he was here first"? People where I live are generally polite when it comes to waiting and most don't cut in, especially couples.

Anyways, I've been dealing with an AD for about a year now, they are by appointment only, that's the first and only question their security guard asks at the door, I know better than to just drop in. No excuse for their rudeness but always call ahead.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 04:22 AM   #28
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Absolutely terrible and unacceptable.
Kudos to you OP for holding your nerves.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 04:26 AM   #29
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
Did this couple not say something like "he was here first"? People where I live are generally polite when it comes to waiting and most don't cut in, especially couples.

Anyways, I've been dealing with an AD for about a year now, they are by appointment only, that's the first and only question their security guard asks at the door, I know better than to just drop in. No excuse for their rudeness but always call ahead.

My reading was he was there, left to run errands, then came back and there was someone there that had come in the interim. They would have zero idea the guy was there previously. You leave the line, you lose your place.

If I’m reading between the lines, guy got annoyed at this and there probably was a bit of attitude on both parts.
Old 1 October 2022, 04:29 AM   #30
Sal_UKSheffield
"TRF" Member

Terrible
Sal_UKSheffield is offline   Reply With Quote