The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 September 2019, 08:32 PM   #31
Bulldozer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
If you are never selling it, then it has little to no value.

Data wise, its all in a computer system and not dependant on the card for anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Man View Post
RSC will look up the serial number in their database and see the warranty coverage. If you do send it into the RSC while under warranty they ask you to include the warranty card. In your case the back side seems to be intact and I think that is the only thing they are interested in, although their database should already have the same info.

This vanishing ink is something I've seen before on photographs. I have several autographed pictures that hang on the wall in my office. They were all signed with a black sharpie. Over the years the ink has faded to the point that you can only see a slight trace of where the sharpie was run over the surface. These autographs can never be replaced, lost forever. But it took years of exposure to make this happen. Can't trust that a Sharpie is permanent. It's not.

Maybe the ink that printed your card was somehow defective and it evaporated like my autographs. Who knows, but no big deal for the RSC. If you ever go to sell it, the buyer might expect the numbers were visible. I've heard that warranty cards can be re-issued for $50, but it is rare that it is done. One of my cards has the wrong first name on it. The SA called me 'Chris' when my name was different. I didn't correct her and guess what showed up on the card. I don't think Rolex would replace a card for that. But a card that has no numbers on it? They might.
Thank you both for the reassuring words, some additional ideas, and the interesting anecdotes! I have no plans of selling the watch.
Bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 08:58 PM   #32
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
If you want that warm fuzzy feeling in the top left corner there should be a rolex design thats only visible under black light.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 11:35 PM   #33
Bulldozer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
If you want that warm fuzzy feeling in the top left corner there should be a rolex design thats only visible under black light.
That is a very cool effect. I had not known that!
Bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote