The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 September 2019, 03:16 AM   #1
HappyFamilyVan
"TRF" Member

Help a brother out...

Just a thought...

ADs tend to want to sell to people in their "territory" own city and not cross state or city lines. Recently I posted about a blue faced OP 39 which my AD offered me and I declined. I asked, can I see if a "friend" of mine in another state wanted. My AD said that they would not sell to someone unless they were local or if I vouched for the person. If I vouched for the TRF person, by vouching he said that I would have to know them personally...but how would he know...he would deal directly with that person and Fedex a watch bought via CC to another state with sales tax of course. My only part in the transaction would be providing the TRF member the SA contact at the AD and my name and the AD the name of the TRF member. Simple enough.

Any thoughts on posting a sticky where TRF members could post what they have been offered and declined as well as what is in their local ADs stock? Then helping a brother out by connecting them to your local AD?

Just a thought...
HappyFamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 03:25 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

then you get bombarded with all kinds of randoms. You try to do something nice and then everyone wants it.

I have picked up watches for members before, shipped them, introduced to my AD etc. They ask and i do it. I dont offer the service.

Plus im not vouching for just anyone
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 04:11 AM   #3
Cesarmsi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss, GMT, YM,
My AD says that any watch that is in high demand they will not put in case and they will be offer to just current and local clients. Any watch that is in the case they will sell to in or out state over the phone with a CC.
Cesarmsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 04:21 AM   #4
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
No offense as I enjoy the TRF community greatly. But vouching for someone I do not personally know defeats the purpose. If I would not vouch for an acquaintance, I will definitely not vouch for a stranger on the internet.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 05:01 AM   #5
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
I guess different ADs have different policies. My AD told me they don't sell Rolex to anyone unless they show up in person so they can size it for them. If you are a known regular client, different story.
mattsrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 05:09 AM   #6
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
AD's usually don't want to take calls and ship out of state because:
1) They have plenty of local clients begging for hard to get pieces,
2) They would be fielding calls all day long, every day, from people all over the country (or world) fishing for a hulk or Daytona.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 06:22 AM   #7
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

I was connected to an AD somewhere else in my state by someone on TRF. My experience was great and am appreciative of the connection
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 06:34 AM   #8
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Even if you vouched for some random TRF and did it out of the goodness of your heart - why would the AD want to sell to someone they don't personally know and out of state, especially for a hard to get SS. They has client lists who are local and known to them waiting for the same watches
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 06:56 AM   #9
Blah114aa
Banned

Watch: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFamilyVan View Post
Just a thought...

ADs tend to want to sell to people in their "territory" own city and not cross state or city lines. Recently I posted about a blue faced OP 39 which my AD offered me and I declined. I asked, can I see if a "friend" of mine in another state wanted. My AD said that they would not sell to someone unless they were local or if I vouched for the person. If I vouched for the TRF person, by vouching he said that I would have to know them personally...but how would he know...he would deal directly with that person and Fedex a watch bought via CC to another state with sales tax of course. My only part in the transaction would be providing the TRF member the SA contact at the AD and my name and the AD the name of the TRF member. Simple enough.

Any thoughts on posting a sticky where TRF members could post what they have been offered and declined as well as what is in their local ADs stock? Then helping a brother out by connecting them to your local AD?

Just a thought...
The challenge is... you’re asking only your family (brother) for help. I’m not related to you.
Blah114aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 06:59 AM   #10
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah114aa View Post
The challenge is... you’re asking only your family (brother) for help. I’m not related to you.
I wouldn’t help my brother or family... then again I don’t have a brother but if I did nope
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 09:13 PM   #11
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
(iii) TRF IS NOT A SHOPPING SERVICE SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK WHERE OR WHO YOU CAN BUY SUCH AND SUCH A WATCH FROM, WHICH AD OR PERSON TO SHOP AT, OR THAT YOU WANT SOMEBODY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU FOR YOUR DESIRES. IF YOU WANT TO BUY OR ARE LOOKING FOR A PARTICULAR WATCH OR ACCESSORY USE THE "WANTED TO BUY" BOARD ONCE YOU HAVE MET THE FORUM REQUIREMENTS.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=635693
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 11:53 PM   #12
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
then you get bombarded with all kinds of randoms. You try to do something nice and then everyone wants it.

I have picked up watches for members before, shipped them, introduced to my AD etc. They ask and i do it. I dont offer the service.

Plus im not vouching for just anyone
Couldn’t agree with this more.

I would never vouch for someone I didn’t know personally. It is very easy to get burned by/because of people online.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 04:26 AM   #13
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=688107

^You seem to have the connections, why don't you take an initiative if it conforms with TRF rules.

Still waiting for your pics bud!
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 04:28 AM   #14
pkincy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertbone View Post
AD's usually don't want to take calls and ship out of state because:
1) They have plenty of local clients begging for hard to get pieces,
2) They would be fielding calls all day long, every day, from people all over the country (or world) fishing for a hulk or Daytona.
Actually internet long distance sales has run Amazon from an at the time crazy price of $3/sh in 1998 to $1800 today. The Rolex AD B&M model is so 80's.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 06:06 AM   #15
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy View Post
Actually internet long distance sales has run Amazon from an at the time crazy price of $3/sh in 1998 to $1800 today. The Rolex AD B&M model is so 80's.

Great stock! Now that's an investment!
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote