The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 14 August 2021, 07:59 AM   #1
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Breitling Service experiences

At one time I was heavily into Breitling, having purchased a titanium Avenger in 2001 or so and enjoying it mightily. It was serviced around 2008 by Mark Heist at Chronological services and ran beautifully for many years. Unfortunately, Breitling no longer allows Mark to source modern parts so he only works on vintage watches now.

Where I made a mistake was buying one of the first Chronomats that my AD received with the new B1 movement. It didn't keep chronometer time out of the box and had a significant negative bias. I had it serviced under warranty in 2011 and it came back running nearly as poorly, losing 4-5 seconds per day. Not wanting to send it back again, I decided to live with it.

Also in early 2011 I bought my future wife a Colt Oceane with a diamond bezel as an engagement present. She loved it and the battery lasted nearly 4 years but died in early 2015. I then sent both my Chronomat and her Oceane in to the factory service center on my own dime. I shipped them to Connecticut but as I recall they both were shipped back to me from Miami, FL. The Chronomat came back looking great, but again continued to lose time. I wrote Breitling a letter but never received a response and largely decided to give up on the brand. My wife continued to love her Oceane, but now the date wheel was sticking occasionally and wouldn't turn over fully, and the battery that Breitling put in only lasted 20 months. I was so mad that I sent the watch to Stoll and Company for a battery change and pressure test (a reasonable $80) and that battery lasted 4 years, though the date wheel continues to stick occasionally.

Fast forward to 2021 and we've been wearing Rolexes (and having a far better experience), but I still have the Breitlings and all three are in need of overhaul. I'd like to get them serviced and don't see that I have much choice outside sending them to Breitling because I believe all three will need Breitling parts.

Has anyone had recent experience with Breitling factory service in the US?
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2021, 08:06 AM   #2
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

6-7 years ago i sent my breitling in for service 4 or 5 times and they never got it right and they blamed me on abusing the watch. swore off the brand since then.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2021, 11:14 AM   #3
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

I sent a B-1 (so quartz) from Australia to BUSA to be serviced because the local price was ridiculous. Was happy with the work they did.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2021, 01:42 PM   #4
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I had my Chronomat B01 in for warranty service just under a year ago for a crown issue. This was the second time I had issues with the crown and it came back within 6 weeks with the issue fixed and a full service. The whole process was easy to follow with a way to track your repair on the Breitling website.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2021, 02:45 AM   #5
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

A few years ago, I sent my Navitimer into BUS for an overhaul, they did a really good job.

I am waiting for my Endurance Pro to return from service, in fact it is to be delivered today to fix an off center red chrono hand. Hope it goes well, will report back.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2021, 05:09 AM   #6
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Just received my watch back, they were able to line up the red chrono hand and another sundial hand, but they did not return my warranty card. I have to call them on Monday to get the card, hope this is not going to be a problem.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2021, 11:17 AM   #7
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Got my Navitimer 01 in 2018 and after 1 or 2 weeks with the watch I noticed that the Sapphire Crystal had a little defect (some kind of stain). I called the Boutique and they sent it to replace the crystal. It took 2 to 3 months but the watch got back absolutely perfect. It's been flawless after 3 years and it's one of my favorites !

Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
fdm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2021, 01:30 PM   #8
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Appreciate all the responses. I'm going to send the Avenger in for service next month as it's the one I miss wearing the most. Other than being due for a servicing, the issues it has are a crown that engages the crown tube too close to the case, so it only gives about a half turn to snug. I'm guessing new crown tube and possibly a crown will be required. I've also had a screw break and the head fall out of the bracelet, so I was going to ask that they replace any worn screws. I'll report back on this thread with my experience when the time comes.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 05:02 AM   #9
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm79 View Post
Got my Navitimer 01 in 2018 and after 1 or 2 weeks with the watch I noticed that the Sapphire Crystal had a little defect (some kind of stain). I called the Boutique and they sent it to replace the crystal. It took 2 to 3 months but the watch got back absolutely perfect. It's been flawless after 3 years and it's one of my favorites !

wow that is gorgeous! Never seen that configuration before
IR201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 05:42 AM   #10
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
wow that is gorgeous! Never seen that configuration before
Thanks, it's a limited edition called Pan-American. 1000 were made so each individual piece has the number engraved on the case, opposite side of the pushers. This Navitimer is my true love

https://masterhorologer.com/2014/04/...e-bronze-dial/

And I bought this one 2 days ago ! I'm in a honeymoon !

Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
Old 16 August 2021, 06:17 AM   #11
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm79 View Post
Thanks, it's a limited edition called Pan-American. 1000 were made so each individual piece has the number engraved on the case, opposite side of the pushers. This Navitimer is my true love

https://masterhorologer.com/2014/04/...e-bronze-dial/

And I bought this one 2 days ago ! I'm in a honeymoon !

Nice! Am thinking about picking up the new speedmaster myself. The previous generation wore a bit big for me end link to end link. Looking at your signature you've got a really complementary collection - well done!

Also OP sorry for veering off topic here. Hope all gets resolved with your piece, and look forward to a positive update!
IR201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 06:42 AM   #12
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
Nice! Am thinking about picking up the new speedmaster myself. The previous generation wore a bit big for me end link to end link. Looking at your signature you've got a really complementary collection - well done!

Also OP sorry for veering off topic here. Hope all gets resolved with your piece, and look forward to a positive update!
Thank you very much ! Sold my BLNR 2 days ago so I got the Speedy ! You should too ! As for the OP, I also apologize and would like to reiterate that my experience, 3 years ago with my Breitling Boutique was outstanding and couldn't recommend the brand more (although I miss the old Breitling Philosophy... the wings logo, the very masculine watch appeal, etc.). The brand is now under Georges Kern (Ex IWC) and no longer part of the Swatch group.
Old 24 August 2021, 03:33 AM   #13
Copterguy
"TRF" Member

I used watchrepair. Net

I sent my aerospace in a couple of times to Breitling. Once for a major overhaul. They replaced hands, bezel and crystal I think. When it came time to do a major service on my chronomat evolution,, I chose to use another company called watchrepair. Net.
Very personalized service, a bit less expensive I think, made my watch like new again.. Lol I can't post links cause I'm still a Noob here.
Copterguy is offline   Reply With Quote