The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 August 2021, 05:53 AM   #1
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Warranty card not returned

I sent my watch in for service, enclosed the warranty card. Received the watch back today, no warranty card. I sure hope it was misplaced or they have it.
Does anyone have experience with Breitling with this? Do they replace the card with a new one? Have to call them on Monday.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 10:33 PM   #2
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Called Breitling yesterday, they could not locate the warranty card I sent them.
Lesson learned: next time send a copy.
Old 17 August 2021, 11:10 PM   #3
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm so sorry to hear this, and it's crazy how it could just be misplaced. All they need is a picture / copy, at least this has always been the case for me with Omega. In fact, the. And brands like Rolex have always told / reminded me they do not need any of that sent in, at least with the people I've spoke to in Canada.

As a collector it's tough losing / not having those. Hopefully it somehow turns up or doesn't impact your enjoyment of the piece too much.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 11:45 PM   #4
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this, and it's crazy how it could just be misplaced. All they need is a picture / copy, at least this has always been the case for me with Omega. In fact, the. And brands like Rolex have always told / reminded me they do not need any of that sent in, at least with the people I've spoke to in Canada.

As a collector it's tough losing / not having those. Hopefully it somehow turns up or doesn't impact your enjoyment of the piece too much.
I have no intention of selling the piece so the card will not impact my enjoyment. I think I have a copy, I am away this week so will check when I return.
Old 18 August 2021, 05:45 AM   #5
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Glad to hear this! Is it the e-Warranty card of the actual credit card style? I love Breitling but for some reason it's the only brand I don't really care if it has the papers etc or not. I own a Chrono SuperOcean (A13340) with no papers. Back then they were junk anyway and didn't hold up to the test of time well.

I'm strongly considering a pre-owned Chronomat 44 next and same deal, I'll buy it without those from a good seller and my enjoyment won't be impacted, at all.
Old 18 August 2021, 06:17 AM   #6
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Glad to hear this! Is it the e-Warranty card of the actual credit card style? I love Breitling but for some reason it's the only brand I don't really care if it has the papers etc or not. I own a Chrono SuperOcean (A13340) with no papers. Back then they were junk anyway and didn't hold up to the test of time well.

I'm strongly considering a pre-owned Chronomat 44 next and same deal, I'll buy it without those from a good seller and my enjoyment won't be impacted, at all.
Yes, a credit card style warranty card.
Old 18 August 2021, 08:01 AM   #7
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=RW16610;11646865]Glad to hear this! Is it the e-Warranty card of the actual credit card style? I love Breitling but for some reason it's the only brand I don't really care if it has the papers etc or not. I own a Chrono SuperOcean (A13340) with no papers. Back then they were junk anyway and didn't hold up to the test of time well.

I'm strongly considering a pre-owned Chronomat 44 next and same deal, I'll buy it without those from a good seller and my enjoyment won't be impacted, at all.[/…

Dup post
Old 24 August 2021, 07:12 AM   #8
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I went round and round with CS, they could not locate the warranty card.
Told me to go to the dealer I bought it from to request a replacement.
Told them that was unacceptable because the dealer was not involved. They lost it, asked them to replace it.
I wrote a letter to the President of Breitling USA for assistance.
Old 27 August 2021, 04:26 AM   #9
ks58
Banned

Ridiculous that they misplaced it but why would they care, it's not their watch.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 05:46 AM   #10
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
I went round and round with CS, they could not locate the warranty card.
Told me to go to the dealer I bought it from to request a replacement.
Told them that was unacceptable because the dealer was not involved. They lost it, asked them to replace it.
I wrote a letter to the President of Breitling USA for assistance.

I hope they issue another one or honour the warranty from the date it went missing onward.

What's unfortunate is how difficult of a time you'll have should you require warranty work in the future on this piece. Lesson learned, but given the circumstances I hope they do something. Keep us posted.
Old 27 August 2021, 06:17 AM   #11
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

The big lesson is to not send original warranty cards but rather copies. I was smart enough to make a copy of the card.
Since the watch originally purchased from an authorized Breitling dealer, the sale date, serial number, etc is in their system so they did not even need the warranty card to do the work.
I am going to give them a few more days to respond to my letter and then I will call them