The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 September 2021, 11:07 PM   #31
skyblue12
"TRF" Member

I tried a few on in a Goldsmiths yesterday and these were 100% real.
The problem they're now having l was told is that people are offering them deals way above the retail price which there not going to take under any circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
skyblue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 12:26 AM   #32
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblue12 View Post
I tried a few on in a Goldsmiths yesterday and these were 100% real.
The problem they're now having l was told is that people are offering them deals way above the retail price which there not going to take under any circumstances.

Deals? What do you mean? The SA is offering package deals to get your desired piece?
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 12:46 AM   #33
djman
"TRF" Member

I'm based in Cambridge in the UK and bought my daughter a DJ from our local Mappin & Webb jewellers last weekend. The manager there (who is great) said that post covid they pretty much sold out of all their existing stock (exclusively women's DJ's, the usual diamond encrusted stuff) and now they only have exhibition pieces on display. I tried on a few - a sub, a 41DJ, a sea dweller - and they were real, working pieces. Which of course they are not allowed to sell. He said they'd been told by head office not to expect any significant delivery of Rolex watches for actual sale until next May. This obviously excludes sports models which they're not getting any time soon anyway. I think he meant more DJ's. On the plus side, I'm on the waiting list for a sub through them which I've been told may turn up before Christmas. So I think there's a distinction, in terms of supply, between general Rolex stock and watches that may filter through for individuals.
djman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 02:15 AM   #34
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Deals? What do you mean? The SA is offering package deals to get your desired piece?
I think he means the public are offering to pay overs to secure a watch from the AD.
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 07:24 AM   #35
planemad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djman View Post
I'm based in Cambridge in the UK and bought my daughter a DJ from our local Mappin & Webb jewellers last weekend. The manager there (who is great) said that post covid they pretty much sold out of all their existing stock (exclusively women's DJ's, the usual diamond encrusted stuff) and now they only have exhibition pieces on display. I tried on a few - a sub, a 41DJ, a sea dweller - and they were real, working pieces. Which of course they are not allowed to sell. He said they'd been told by head office not to expect any significant delivery of Rolex watches for actual sale until next May. This obviously excludes sports models which they're not getting any time soon anyway. I think he meant more DJ's. On the plus side, I'm on the waiting list for a sub through them which I've been told may turn up before Christmas. So I think there's a distinction, in terms of supply, between general Rolex stock and watches that may filter through for individuals.
I was told November by the same store is the next date they are due to get a meaningful delivery which would need to see them through Xmas.
planemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 04:34 PM   #36
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
No, I read that as the customers are offering above retail to the sales assistants for the “display only” pieces
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 04:56 PM   #37
skyblue12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Explorer View Post
I think he means the public are offering to pay overs to secure a watch from the AD.
Exactly, this want l meant.

skyblue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 05:39 PM   #38
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
so much wear and tear after all those people trying it on, taking photos, fiddling with the bezel and movement, would rather buy my rolex from grey dealers.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 05:46 PM   #39
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
so much wear and tear after all those people trying it on, taking photos, fiddling with the bezel and movement, would rather buy my rolex from grey dealers.
Honestly I wouldn’t take it but may not be necessarily go to grey.
I can see one for display just like an used one, haha
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 07:44 PM   #40
cglondon
"TRF" Member

I’m going to Bluewater on Friday so looking forward to seeing the new display! I got my Explorer 214270 from them during lockdown. I’m on the “list” for a 36mm turquoise OP and a BLNR. I don’t mind waiting years though, I’m in no rush for them as I am loving my current watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cglondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 07:56 PM   #41
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
I don't mind to see exhibition only Daytona OF, Daytona WG Blue dial or SS Sky-dweller.
So for me this is a step in the right direction. Buying a watch without seeing it first in the flesh is a no go for me.
So at least I could go to an AD, try them on and have a nice chat.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 09:00 PM   #42
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annan View Post
Think I'll put a sign on my checkbook/credit card the next time I go into an AD - "FOR EXHIBITION ONLY"
Ha !
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 07:54 AM   #43
blackedge
"TRF" Member

Tried on a 124060 today on Bond Street, personally quite like the fact I can pop into an AD
and try one on versus the grey dealers.

blackedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 09:29 AM   #44
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Same crap when I visited Frankfurt few days ago.

Exhibition only… until you bundle with some diamond encrusted full gold lady datejust…

supernova is offline   Reply With Quote