The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 April 2019, 07:32 PM   #61
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTz View Post
Guys any thoughts on the Hautlence watches. I think they are somehow owned or connected with Moser. Moser and Hautlence are steals in the secondary market and I thought I would just get one for the heck of it, especially at the second hand prices.
I really don't know much about Hautlance besides that fact that they are a part of the Meylan family as well, being run by the brother of the CEO of Moser - i believe. Their latest offering in Basel was phenomenal though, different and innovative. However, the square shaped case doesn't appeal to me. definitely, a very different choice. I'm sure the quality would be great, so if its floats your boat, why not?
Old 12 April 2019, 09:37 PM   #62
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
I really don't know much about Hautlance besides that fact that they are a part of the Meylan family as well, being run by the brother of the CEO of Moser - i believe. Their latest offering in Basel was phenomenal though, different and innovative. However, the square shaped case doesn't appeal to me. definitely, a very different choice. I'm sure the quality would be great, so if its floats your boat, why not?
This is exactly my sentiment. I love their innovative take on watch movements; the case shape just isn't my thing. I haven't read much into them, but since they are run by the Meylan family, I'm sure their quality is top notch.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 04:56 AM   #63
christianj
Banned

I was also drawn to the Moser brand and picked up the Endeavour Moon Phase Blue dial in Platinum a couple of months ago at a decent price even though it was new.

Overall love the look and feel of the watch but I had to order a short strap for it since the deployant buckle sat strangely on my small wrist. (a common problem for my wrist with deployant buckles so nothing specific to the Moser)
The watch has a ton of heft to it since it is platinum but once I got the fit right it was perfect. Brand is definitely under the radar but when I recently had the watch on when I went to my local Patek AD for an issue on my Patek the young service tech working there was all googly eyed over the Moser. He kept saying how beautiful the movement was when I let him take a look at it. Would definitely recommend the brand to anyone if they like the look and finish and can pick it up for a decent price.

Since there has also been some discussion about the Laurent Ferrier Galet Square in this thread, I own a blue version of that watch as well. Comparing the two (Moser & LF) is like comparing apples to oranges. LF is definitely a finer watch with a more conservative suit watch feel. IMHO the strap on the LF also adds to the more refined feel since it is much narrower than the Moser strap at the buckle.

I wish I could finally figure how to add pics to the forum and I would post pics of both watches and a comparison. I haven't been able to get Photobucket to work for anything in a while.

I definitely need to stop with blue dialed watches since I now own the Moser, LF and a 5711. I recently caught myself drooling over the Journe CB and that just cannot happen!
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 08:17 AM   #64
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
I was also drawn to the Moser brand and picked up the Endeavour Moon Phase Blue dial in Platinum a couple of months ago at a decent price even though it was new.

Overall love the look and feel of the watch but I had to order a short strap for it since the deployant buckle sat strangely on my small wrist. (a common problem for my wrist with deployant buckles so nothing specific to the Moser)
The watch has a ton of heft to it since it is platinum but once I got the fit right it was perfect. Brand is definitely under the radar but when I recently had the watch on when I went to my local Patek AD for an issue on my Patek the young service tech working there was all googly eyed over the Moser. He kept saying how beautiful the movement was when I let him take a look at it. Would definitely recommend the brand to anyone if they like the look and finish and can pick it up for a decent price.

Since there has also been some discussion about the Laurent Ferrier Galet Square in this thread, I own a blue version of that watch as well. Comparing the two (Moser & LF) is like comparing apples to oranges. LF is definitely a finer watch with a more conservative suit watch feel. IMHO the strap on the LF also adds to the more refined feel since it is much narrower than the Moser strap at the buckle.

I wish I could finally figure how to add pics to the forum and I would post pics of both watches and a comparison. I haven't been able to get Photobucket to work for anything in a while.

I definitely need to stop with blue dialed watches since I now own the Moser, LF and a 5711. I recently caught myself drooling over the Journe CB and that just cannot happen!
Have you ever tried on the LF regulator? Curious on your opinion.

Would love to see some pics of that moonphase. I find the easiest method is to:
1. Create an Imgur account (its free and you can download an app).
2. Once you have the app and account, upload the pic(s) you want from your phone gallery to the Imgur app (you can upload and mark them as private if you wish).
3. Once uploaded, copy the Imgur picture URL (you can do this by selecting the picture and selecting "copy URL".
4. Then, on this forum, open a post/reply as you normally would. Anywhere in the text box section, paste the URL in between "IMG" tags. Example:
[IMG]sample_url_here[/IMG]

Old 13 April 2019, 11:39 AM   #65
christianj
Banned

@_speedmaster...thanks for the suggestion of imgur which I will check out.

As for the Laurent Ferrier Regulator, I was smitten with it in the pics but when I tried one on at my local AD I was somewhat disappointed. I felt the look was old fashion and my overall thought was that in a year or two it would seem like I was wearing an old watch from the 80s. That’s just my own personal thought so I would try one on at an AD if you can. Since you are in CT, a trip to Manfredi would be worth it. I think they also have a preowned yellow gold one in stock right now in case that would be of interest to you. While there look at the Grönefeld‘s as well.....that’s my current lust object right now.
Old 13 April 2019, 12:33 PM   #66
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:

As for the Laurent Ferrier Regulator, I was smitten with it in the pics but when I tried one on at my local AD I was somewhat disappointed. I felt the look was old fashion and my overall thought was that in a year or two it would seem like I was wearing an old watch from the 80s. That’s just my own personal thought so I would try one on at an AD if you can. Since you are in CT, a trip to Manfredi would be worth it. I think they also have a preowned yellow gold one in stock right now in case that would be of interest to you. While there look at the Grönefeld‘s as well.....that’s my current lust object right now.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and pop in to check it out.
I've become pretty enamored with Gronefeld as well. The case design and movement finishing are world class. I think the Principia stainless steel is the same price as the Regulator as well.

Old 13 April 2019, 02:11 PM   #67
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Download Tapatalk and find the rolexforum. Then you can attach images just like you would do to an email message.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 02:19 PM   #68
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have a Journe CB and will soon be getting a Moser Endeavor Center Seconds Blue Funky dial. My wrist size is 6.5~ inches and as a result, the current 40mm Journes and a lot of Mosers are big for me. I love Journe and hoping to pick a 38mm preowned watch in the future. Wish Journe made another 39mm watch like the CB or Holland & Holland.

Now, after owning one each of Journe and Moser, I am looking at other independents below $50k and both Laurent Ferrier and Grönefeld stand out for me. Grönefeld 1941 principia in steel and Salman dial is too enticing, especially with its 39.5mm size. How would you compare Grönefeld with Laurent Ferrier below the $50k range? I personally feel that Journe, Grönefeld, and Laurent Ferrier are a level above Moser in finish and overall package, but just one level. Do you agree?
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 10:24 PM   #69
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
I have a Journe CB and will soon be getting a Moser Endeavor Center Seconds Blue Funky dial. My wrist size is 6.5~ inches and as a result, the current 40mm Journes and a lot of Mosers are big for me. I love Journe and hoping to pick a 38mm preowned watch in the future. Wish Journe made another 39mm watch like the CB or Holland & Holland.

Now, after owning one each of Journe and Moser, I am looking at other independents below $50k and both Laurent Ferrier and Grönefeld stand out for me. Grönefeld 1941 principia in steel and Salman dial is too enticing, especially with its 39.5mm size. How would you compare Grönefeld with Laurent Ferrier below the $50k range? I personally feel that Journe, Grönefeld, and Laurent Ferrier are a level above Moser in finish and overall package, but just one level. Do you agree?
Can’t wait for the day I can comment on this from an Ownership perspective! Love the Principa but not the dial colours that are currently available.
Old 14 April 2019, 04:18 AM   #70
christianj
Banned

Let’s see if Tapatalk work for me with pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 April 2019, 04:24 AM   #71
christianj
Banned

H. Moser & Cie - general thoughts

Old 14 April 2019, 04:28 AM   #72
christianj
Banned

Sorry but I just noticed the time was not set on one of the watches when I took the pic of both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
Can’t wait for the day I can comment on this from an Ownership perspective! Love the Principa but not the dial colours that are currently available.
I agree 100%! Intrigued by the Grönefeld Principal as well but the dial colors are also not doing it for me. I like the dial combinations on their other models much better but not willing to spend that much $ right now.
Old 14 April 2019, 12:37 PM   #73
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry but I just noticed the time was not set on one of the watches when I took the pic of both of them.

I agree 100%! Intrigued by the Grönefeld Principal as well but the dial colors are also not doing it for me. I like the dial combinations on their other models much better but not willing to spend that much $ right now.
Ditto regarding the Gronefeld dials. But it’s not the color I didn’t like, but more the grainy finish. Not sure why, but I really wish it had more of a smooth, lacquer finish. Everything else though, the case and movement, are out of this world.

Killer pics of the Moser moonphase, btw. Love that watch.

Old 29 July 2019, 10:13 PM   #74
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, thank you for sharing the valuable experiences you have, your reviews are so important for me. I have been trying to buy a watch that will speak to me, after collecting some including a Rolex Sub, some Rolex, I realised I was just sucked into the hype created by the social media, and they are just not for me.
Of late, I found some interest in JLC Memovox, Parmigiani Kalpa and H Moser Pioneer CS. Yes yes, they are all different genres, but what really hit me with strong interest is the H Moser. I have not heard much about this brand except from Frederico talks watches and Tim Musso, I kind of like a brand above the usual high horology and at a fantastic value.
Your review really give me a boost. So , thank you.

Homo Sapien X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 03:19 AM   #75
JonnyH83
"TRF" Member

Go for it.....you wont be disappointed! :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
JonnyH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 04:32 AM   #76
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

One of my favorite brands. I've met Ed and Nick recently at a dinner; great people with infectious passion. It's a very underrated brand that presents great value for money, when you consider the in-house movements, amazing dials and fantastic case and movement finishing.

Mine gets ample wrist time.

Old 30 July 2019, 06:13 AM   #77
JonnyH83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
One of my favorite brands. I've met Ed and Nick recently at a dinner; great people with infectious passion. It's a very underrated brand that presents great value for money, when you consider the in-house movements, amazing dials and fantastic case and movement finishing.

Mine gets ample wrist time.
Stunning watch!
Old 1 August 2019, 10:13 PM   #78
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

1. Mayu Palladium (preowned)
2. Funky Blue DLC Pioneer
3. Midnight Blue Pioneer

I’m confused which to choose !!!

Old 1 August 2019, 10:24 PM   #79
JonnyH83
"TRF" Member

Out of the 3 choices I would personally go for the Mayu. However that is purely down to personal choice along with my current timepieces taken into consideration.

I dont think you would be unhappy with either choice though.

Having said that, and just my 2 cents for what it's worth... the pioneer's look like they wear big on your wrist so I would take that into consideration also. Again down to personal taste/choice/comfort. It could also be deceiving from the photos! :)
Old 1 August 2019, 10:42 PM   #80
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Mayu would be my choice here. Personally, I like the aesthetic better and I think it's more versatile. I also think it fits better on your wrist, but that's just preference. You really can't go wrong with any of the three options though.

Old 2 August 2019, 09:21 AM   #81
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Thank you guys for your opinions. Truly appreciate. Cheers!

Old 3 December 2019, 01:09 AM   #82
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Heritage Centre Seconds Funky Blue

I came back to this thread to share my excitement in acquiring the new Heritage Centre Seconds with Funky Blue dial. I was fortunate to be able to view it at Palladio Jewellers here in Vancouver, ahead of it’s official release. I knew instantly it would become the mainstay of my watch collection. The perfect combination of old world charm with pilot type dial and pocket watch type case with wire lugs made into a wrist watch. The stunning 3 dimensional applied Arabic numerals made of Globolight, a ceramic material injected with super luminous, form an amazing contrast in vibrant white against the Funky Blue dial. Stainless steel case 42mm, height 11.1mm. A beautiful Kudu leather strap with H. Moser brushed stainless steel tang buckle. HMC200 in house caliber 21,600vph with 72 hour power reserve and hacking seconds. More info on H. Moser website:
https://www.h-moser.com/en/collectio...nds-funky-blue

A few of my own pics:

Just one final note: After meeting some of H. Moser’s management team and representatives, including the rep for North America and local Palladio Jewellers, I can personally attest to the fact that they are some of the most genuine, sincere, humble and fun loving folks I have ever met. Unfortunately some people, in their insecurity, confuse ability to be individualistic, innovative and a bit daring and unique, with being arrogant. Setting yourself apart from the norm and mundane is not being arrogant.

When one acquires an H. Moser timepiece they are made to feel a part of a very special family. I wear this beautiful timepiece with a sense of humble pride.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 3 December 2019, 01:28 AM   #83
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyH83 View Post
Go for it.....you wont be disappointed! :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Classic elegance!
Old 3 December 2019, 07:28 AM   #84
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
I came back to this thread to share my excitement in acquiring the new Heritage Centre Seconds with Funky Blue dial...
Awesome incoming. I love the execution of their pilot watch (I'm glad they smartened up and didn't keep it a Bucherer LE).

At 42mm, how does it wear in relation to your endeavour? I think I heard it's relatively compact despite being 42mm.

Old 3 December 2019, 03:06 PM   #85
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Awesome incoming. I love the execution of their pilot watch (I'm glad they smartened up and didn't keep it a Bucherer LE).

At 42mm, how does it wear in relation to your endeavour? I think I heard it's relatively compact despite being 42mm.
Thank you. To be honest, it's 3mm larger and it still does not seem like 42mm. Of course, the wire type lugs which taper down a lot make a big difference. If anything, this is more comfortable than the Endeavour, just seems to hug my wrist better. That may be because I seem to be able to find a better sweet spot on this strap than the Endeavour. The Endeavour either seems to be too loose when the buckle is at a certain hole, or too tight at the next. That is a niggly little observation, but that is how it is.

There is plenty of space between the lug ends and edges of my wrist. And it is thicker by almost 2mm, and looks fairly thick because of the straight edge of the case.

My wrist is 7.25in. I think it could suit down to 6.75 and maybe even 6.5in.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 3 December 2019, 10:53 PM   #86
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Thank you. To be honest, it's 3mm larger and it still does not seem like 42mm. Of course, the wire type lugs which taper down a lot make a big difference. If anything, this is more comfortable than the Endeavour, just seems to hug my wrist better. That may be because I seem to be able to find a better sweet spot on this strap than the Endeavour. The Endeavour either seems to be too loose when the buckle is at a certain hole, or too tight at the next. That is a niggly little observation, but that is how it is.

There is plenty of space between the lug ends and edges of my wrist. And it is thicker by almost 2mm, and looks fairly thick because of the straight edge of the case.

My wrist is 7.25in. I think it could suit down to 6.75 and maybe even 6.5in.

Cheers,
Carl
Thanks for the reply, it definitely suits your wrists well. Always loved the Bucherer edition (although never saw one in person), going to see if I can pop in to my AD and try this on.

Old 12 December 2019, 10:39 AM   #87
klenboy
"TRF" Member

I really like how they present the perpetual calendar and the blue fume dial is just mesmerizing! This one I tried on was the Pioneer Perpetual MD (I prefer the look of the normal perpetual though). Setting the watch was as easy as setting a Sky Dweller!
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 05:54 AM   #88
Krant
"TRF" Member

Great watch!
Just bought this one:

Krant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 08:15 AM   #89
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Love the perpetual pioneer. Talk about under the radar.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 08:41 AM   #90
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Well done!

Absolutely lovely.

Congrats, and enjoy in good health!
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote