The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 September 2021, 01:02 AM   #1
nsguy
"TRF" Member

How Does This 5164 Look?

Hi friends. I'm curious to get some thoughts on this 5164? Does it look polished to you?

https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...ber-39051.html

I posted another thread with a few others but didn't want to get distracted by the ones people said look really polished. Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=820370
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2021, 05:23 AM   #2
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

You can't always go by online photos. EWC is a reputable reseller. Just call them and ask.

$85k for a 5164A these days? Get one before it surpasses $100k
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2021, 07:02 AM   #3
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
If you going towards grey market rather add more money and grab 5711 or 5712
Old 18 September 2021, 07:11 AM   #4
HMHM
"TRF" Member

If you ask me I feel that bezel has been polished quite substantially/poorly. It has lost almost all its angular edges with its bezel.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2021, 07:30 AM   #5
ts3
"TRF" Member

The same watch was already included in your last thread... Is this a trick question / thread?

Aquanaut and Nautilus are scratch magnets. How many scratched up examples have you seen at EWC? Any 5+ year old watch w/o scratches that is not unworn has very, very likely been touched up for the sale (and possibly earlier as well).

If you want unpolished I'd get a recent brand new / unworn example (rather than a 5+ year old piece). What keeps you from going after Michael Ashton's unworn 5164 from your last thread?
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2021, 08:12 AM   #6
nsguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
The same watch was already included in your last thread... Is this a trick question / thread?

Aquanaut and Nautilus are scratch magnets. How many scratched up examples have you seen at EWC? Any 5+ year old watch w/o scratches that is not unworn has very, very likely been touched up for the sale (and possibly earlier as well).

If you want unpolished I'd get a recent brand new / unworn example (rather than a 5+ year old piece). What keeps you from going after Michael Ashton's unworn 5164 from your last thread?
Good question. I've tried several times to get into contact with Michael Ashton. I went in person, emailed them, called multiple times and left a voicemail, but have never heard back. This is what happened when I tried to reach them about a year ago about a 5170G as well. I'm not sure how one does business with them.
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2021, 08:24 AM   #7
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
Good question. I've tried several times to get into contact with Michael Ashton. I went in person, emailed them, called multiple times and left a voicemail, but have never heard back. This is what happened when I tried to reach them about a year ago about a 5170G as well. I'm not sure how one does business with them.
I went in person w/o calling ahead but that was quite a few years ago. If I remember correctly it was just him in the store (plus security outside), so clearly a fairly small operation compared to say EWC.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote