The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 March 2018, 07:36 AM   #1
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Continue waiting for 15202 or look for 15450 blue dial?

Hi all,

Did anyone have recent luck with purchasing 15202 through an AD in the US? You can PM me if you want. I have been number 1 on my AD's waitlist since Jan 2017 but haven't received that watch as yet. My AD mentioned last year that he will continue to get at least 1 15202 in a year from the leftover allocation of the boutiques. He used to receive more 15202s before it became boutique exclusive. However, now he is not sure when and if he will get a 15202 this year.

What should I do? Should I continue waiting for the 15202 or start looking for a 15450 blue dial? As background, I had a 15450 silver dial which I sold last year in order to upgrade to 15202. The 15450 wore slightly small on my 6.4~ flat wrist, more like a 38-39 mm size dress watch than a sports watch. I have tried the gold 15202 few times and it wears fine. In an ideal scenario, 15202 will be my first choice but now I am not sure if I can get it from my AD.

I understand that 15450 blue dial is also boutique exclusive but it will have a shorter waiting time than the 15202. Also, I have heard stories that 15202 lists are hardly run in a transparent manner by the boutiques so going to a boutique won't help either.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote