The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 July 2018, 05:43 PM   #1
SussieSue
"TRF" Member

Watch Winders

Hi guys! First thanks for letting me join this forum. It looks like a great community.

So I am looking for a watch winder for my older brother, who owns some nice watches. Does someone know a good brand? My budget is max $200.

Thanks!
Sue
SussieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 09:14 PM   #2
hanism
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB Bucherer
Wolf has some pretty decent watch winder. I got the module 2.7 which has a compartment for 3 watches storage. Its around $279
hanism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2018, 12:07 AM   #3
tryptobphan
"TRF" Member

I just went onto Amazon and got one from J Queen and it's worked well for years now. Beautiful wooden box, extremely quiet with the lid closed, winds 4 watches and also has stationary holders for an additional 6 watches. That cost me $180 a while ago. Also, when I lost the key to the lock a couple years after buying one, obviously after their warranty ended, I reached out to them and they provided me with a new key at no cost so while they are based in China, their service was exceptional. I don't think you need the most expensive winders. These do the job of winding watches, storing watches, and being quiet.

Here are a few examples:

J Queen Box $96 - Winds 2, Holds 3 Extra Watches

J Queen Box $150 - Winds 4, Holds 6 Extra Watches

J Queen Box $180 - Winds 6, Holds 7 Extra Watches

J Queen Box $160 - Winds 4, Holds 6 Extra Watches, 3 Spaces for Extra Watch Straps

The real question is how many watches he has, how many automatic watches he has (winding spots needed) vs. how many manual watches he has (stationary spots needed), and the available spot in his home for a watch box determines the size.

Also, I'm not a representative of the brand. I just happened to be a person who needed a watch winder box years ago and took a chance on one of these and it's been good. I hope this helps! Welcome to the community!
tryptobphan is offline   Reply With Quote