The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 16 July 2020, 08:21 AM   #1
sunset117
"TRF" Member

Question about blancpain from crown and calibur

Hello y’all! I’ve been a member here for awhile but don’t frequent very often. Regardless, I’ve been eyeing a blancpain FF 43mm for awhile and finally found a great deal from crown and Calibur. To be honest , I’ve been checking daily for a few weeks and often find the piece I like between 6.7-8k; however, just today, it was 5k from crownandcalibur, the model I wanted, size, but no papers or box. I don’t care too much about those so I jumped on it. However, I’m slightly concerned bc the price is just almost too good, and I was scammed once with a super fake Panerai from eBay. I guess I’m just asking, has anyone had a bad exp w crown and Calibur? I just jumped at the opportunity bc my understand was they were checked by people before they ship, so i assumed it would be safe. Does anyone have anything to add that may be helpful?

I purchased a 5000-1110-B52A , it was 5.2k total after fees/etc. once I receive can I upload pics for other blancpain owners to confirm or should I just rest easy bc of where I got it? I’ve never used C&C before and have a bad history of falling for scams so just any help would be appreciated. Thanks
sunset117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 08:23 AM   #2
sunset117
"TRF" Member

I should add, I usually purchase from Jomashop, and almost buy all my pieces preowned ... but I thought crown and Calibur was a reputable grey and just want to be sure. Should have got my ducks in a row before purchasing but I know they do free returns worst case.
Old 16 July 2020, 08:24 AM   #3
sunset117
"TRF" Member

https://www.crownandcaliber.com/prod...-10-blp-cq4f2p
Old 16 July 2020, 08:28 AM   #4
sunset117
"TRF" Member

Sorry, comes with box and manual, but no papers... and it is in “excellent” condition
Old 16 July 2020, 08:31 AM   #5
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ41- champagne
AFAIK Crown and Calibur have a good reputation on here but I've never used them personally so i can't really comment. When your looking as frequently as you are, you find the best buys. I'm sure it more a case of you finding an excellent buy as opposed to a super fake.

It's not like they would have looked at it and thought, possible fake, lets list if for 5k. You can buy with confidence.

What i can say with certainty though is you have excellent taste. I love the BP FF, got one on my list too.

Post a pic when you can & congratulations on an excellent pick up.
LOWERCASE GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 08:33 AM   #6
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
‘Every watch listed on our site has been examined, performance-tested, and authenticated by our in-house team of Swiss-trained watchmakers and technicians to receive the Crown & Caliber Certified Pre-Owned status. Once listed, they are ready to ship in 1-2 business days and come backed by our 1-year warranty and hassle-free return policy.’

With a 1 yr risk free warranty they say...

I haven’t personally transacted with them so unfortunately can’t give you my experience. I am hoping other experienced members can chip in.

The watch looks like a good deal. Do check market values in Chrono24 if that helps. Post new pics when you have the incoming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 08:47 AM   #7
sunset117
"TRF" Member

I can be a nervous Nellie so these comments are making me feel better. I’ll post upon receipt. Any other comments tho are welcome! Thanks yall
Old 16 July 2020, 03:28 PM   #8
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
I purchased a Patek Philippe from them. It had the NYC service seal on the case back, plus original box. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 04:17 PM   #9
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Sounds like a great deal! Can't wait to see pics! The 1315 movement doesn't get enough credit, it's a fantastic movement, and BP finishing is exceptional for the price.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 12:23 AM   #10
Talbel
"TRF" Member

I have bought from them a couple of times with no issues. They also have a good return policy if you aren't satisfied. (just don't take the sticker off the back until you are sure you want to keep it) I have never heard anything negative.
Talbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 12:40 AM   #11
stratlanta
"TRF" Member

I've worked with them a lot and you will have no issues at all. They are a good company and legit.
stratlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 02:34 AM   #12
cbalster
"TRF" Member

They are good. I came close to closing on a Patek from them. I did buy a Breitling. They collect sales tax which is the only down side. I have also purchased from jomashop but that fell apart because they did not actually have the watch they had put for sale on their website. CC has everything in stock.

Good on you for jumping on it. They aggressively cut prices yesterday on a number of pieces I received notifications on. They quickly sold a Patek 6000G for $13.5k, quite a deal vs other resellers on C24. You should have peace of mind to enjoy your FF.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 10:00 AM   #13
Soarer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LV
They are legit. Enjoy your new FF!

Old 17 July 2020, 11:12 AM   #14
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I know nothing about them but the price while good does not sound outlandish at all. Sounds like it could be a good value. Post some pics
Old 17 July 2020, 12:20 PM   #15
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
For what’s its worth, I’ve bought a watch and sold five to them in a consolidation move. My experiences were great and I’d definitely buy from them or sell to them in a heartbeat. My general feeling is that they offer more than others like Govberg, but their normal prices tend to be a little higher. If you catch something on sale, you can get a good price.

srvrf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 06:31 AM   #16
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Did you watch arrive Sunset? What's it like? Post pics when you can!
Old 21 July 2020, 04:49 AM   #17
sunset117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
Did you watch arrive Sunset? What's it like? Post pics when you can!
Yes friend! It arrived like an hour ago! So excited... I had some issues getting the pics fitted to the correct size but here's some sorry for quality I had to use my iPad. Gunna try to upload more but Im Kinda a Luddite
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2497.JPG (236.5 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2498.JPG (236.3 KB, 131 views)
Old 21 July 2020, 08:57 AM   #18
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset117 View Post
Yes friend! It arrived like an hour ago! So excited... I had some issues getting the pics fitted to the correct size but here's some sorry for quality I had to use my iPad. Gunna try to upload more but Im Kinda a Luddite
Looks great my man, i've got a FF on my list of pick ups too. You picked a great reference, them hands are really awesome.

As my man JCB famously stated "Since 1735, there has never been a quartz Blancpain watch. And there never will be." Congrats on owning a piece of history, the oldest watch brand in the world.

Put some wrist shots up when you can (if that's possible while holding an iPad ).

Well done on an awesome find, i love it. *Hat tip*
Old 22 July 2020, 11:54 AM   #19
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Congrats